Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mokinokaro posted:

Be cool to see some Gust representation.

Bring back weird Omega Force 3D Sterk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Gamebrained posted:

Small addition: The health damage score counter has been changed in this version. It is now percentage based, and for most battles you can take up to 150% of your character's health in damage and still keep the top rank. This also means that the bigger your character's health bar is, the more lenient this quota will be. It's a great change and gives an actual incentive for heart piece hunting.

Oh thank god. Mentioned in a pinned comment on this video review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0u_vUbT5jM

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh god, there's an item shop now so you don't have to grind item cards. That's fantastic.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Warriors Orochi 4 update

quote:

A PC version of Warriors Orochi 4 will also be released, albeit at a later date than the console versions in Japan.
Of the 170 playable characters in Warriors Orochi 4, five are new and have still yet to be revealed. The enemy this time is Zeus. The five new characters are likely to be chosen from the Twelve Olympians such as Athena and Poseidon.
The new “Divine Art Action” system adds new elements such as Divine Arts and Deification.
Collaboration characters such as Ryu Hayabusa will not appear in the game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It just keeps escalating. And yet all I can think of is Flash 'games'/cashsinks like Wartune, where despite the supposed power you wield, you're still doing the same old and stuck in the same old grind. That's the sense I get.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Collaboration characters such as Ryu Hayabusa will not appear in the game.

Koei...........

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

zeus? this is it, the backdoor reveal for the western franchise musou

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Nice, this should be a good return to the proven basics after the DW9 debacle (especially since they'll use the DW8 content, no?).

I never played that Troy title developed by one of the K-T branches, but I am still interested in seeing more Greek mythology in the context of the Orochi games.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Zeus is the big bad abd we lose playable Sophitia? Oh well.

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Be cool to see some Gust representation.

I was thinking more historical figures but I'm also down for this. Wasn't there a Gust character in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate? I would imagine he'll return at least, if I'm remembering that right

Edit: Or not! But holy hell, Zeus as the big bad sounds weird and fantastic.

Remarker fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 9, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Greek gods as the bad guys is very Go Nagai

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Remarker posted:

Wasn't there a Gust character in Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate?

Sterk was in 3U, Sophie and Plachta were in All-Stars, yeah.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I swear they're putting Greek gods in to make this the best Musou-style Saint Seiya game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

WilliamAnderson posted:

Oh thank god. Mentioned in a pinned comment on this video review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0u_vUbT5jM

And preordered. PS you get a discount if you got Amazon prime.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

WilliamAnderson posted:

Oh thank god. Mentioned in a pinned comment on this video review.

Sweet Jesus yes. Gonna pre-order tonight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"Warriors Orochi 4’s Story Is Supervized By Suikoden Creator; Will Not Include Any Guests"

What

-This time there won’t be any collaboration characters such as Ryu Hayabusa.

-As for the story summary, after defeating Orochi the heroes returned to where they belong. All of their memories are lost, but their worlds will intertwine once more. Eight bangles are the keys to going back to their respective worlds. Zeus seems to be involved, but his goal is unknown.

-The reason there won’t be any collaboration characters is to focus going back to the roots of the Three Kingdom and Sengoku, or warring states.

-Koei Tecmo hopes to release the game by Fall 2018.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

What the gently caress

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
galaxy brain: gonna focus our story back on the sanguo yanyi and the sengoku jidai by making the villain zeus

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

No Bo Jackson again :(

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Just let the warriors of China and Japan take on every mythological pantheon, till by WO 8 we'll have all the gods warring against each other, and Cao Cao goes gently caress it and decides to take over Heaven

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

The Suikoden creator being involved is ... huh!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I'm thinking of passing on WO4 until I see some good reviews or previews.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Remarker posted:

The Suikoden creator being involved is ... huh!

Well, he has experience with big casts. It's almost a shame they've said there won't be added characters, because the thought of Jowy or Nanami being in a Warriors game is a nice thought.

"The White Wolves? Here? That means...."
"It is! Luca's come to destroy us!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHn1FzhE1EY

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 10, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
luca blight would be a good lu bu tier character

that said he's owned by konami and you know how they are with licensing their IP out

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Hell, a Suikoden Warriors itself is a decent thought.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Here we go, y'all. Warriors Orochi 4 confirmed for PC/PS4/Switch/Xbox One worldwide release in 2018. No Japanese XBO version. It sounds like it's based on Samurai Warriors 4.

Warriors Orochi 4's complete roster.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Policenaut posted:

Here we go, y'all. Warriors Orochi 4 confirmed for PC/PS4/Switch/Xbox One worldwide release in 2018. No Japanese XBO version. It sounds like it's based on Samurai Warriors 4.

Warriors Orochi 4's complete roster.

Still kinda disappointed it's only DW/SW/WO characters, but on the plus side I had forgotten that Yoshitsune Minamoto was a WO original. I can play with lightsaber bug man again, so that at least soothes the wound of not being able to hang with Ryu Hayabusa and Joan of Arc anymore.

It does kinda make me wanna go back and actually beat WO3. I've been picking away at it for the last like, 2 or 3 years at this point.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Boo, they're using the old character designs, not that new and better DW9 designs.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

PureRok posted:

Boo, they're using the old character designs, not that new and better DW9 designs.

Probably a $30 costume dlc.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Largepotato posted:

Probably a $30 costume dlc.

At this point I'd argue it's either that or TK is so afraid of DW9 now that they want to just pretend it never happened.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Poops Mcgoots posted:

There's still hope for Bo Jackson appearing in a musou game.

Cao Cao: "We're leaving Los Angeles immediately! Do not stop for anything. Do not go after Bo."

WilliamAnderson posted:

I'm very tempted to get this version of Hyrule Warriors, since I never played it, and I'm looking for more games to expand my Switch library. What keeps me from ordering it outright (apart from my hesitance to pre-order games) is that I still haven't made a real dent in Warriors Orochi 3, and I still have Pirate Warriors 3 to tackle.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 10, 2018

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Ah they're not adding the characters from Yukimura's game. I don't see any of DW9's characters either. Understandable since they don't have the standard musou movesets, though Zhou Cang did in All-stars. Hope there'll be some surprise characters like the Greek pantheon hinted at though, since more new Orochi characters is always fun since they usually have neat movesets.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Skinflints probably just don't want to pay licensing fees, and an executive board got additionally stiff at the reduced costs of a shorter dev cycle for it too.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I wonder if the weapon changes from DW8: Empires will be carried over here. On the one hand, I want Wang Yi and Deng Ai to get their old weapons back, but on the other hand, Liu Shan smacking demons with a bench.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

PureRok posted:

No big deal, I prefer most of the DW8 designs anyway :v:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
OROCHI 4 written by Murayama?!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

No big deal, I prefer most of the DW8 designs anyway :v:

Really? I found the DW9 designs far superior for the majority of the cast.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Oh, I'm also in the "watched that video, pre-ordered Switch Hyrule Warriors" boat.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Watching some old DW2 stuff and Jesus Christ the voices are just horrible. Not even good-horrible a la DW3, just... "special".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc6IEkAKvFM&t=17s

Lu Mong of Dao Ni.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
More info on Orochi 4. It won't be open world (traditional musou style) and will have split co-op.