Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

A new thread means a new thread title right? Because I'm personally a fan of Vermintide 2: Finding Dawri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

comatose posted:

What is the "Sienna Meta"? I played her to level 10 or 11 over the weekend and felt like I would have been infinitely more useful to the team by picking any other character.

This is a video I made back when beta was forbidding streams, but I still wanted to gush to some people who can be trusted to not snitch about Unchained, so its a little not-quite BW specific and more VT2 in general, but gives you an idea of the Unchained gameplay loop at around the level you were at when you gave up with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtjsZVyDi4s

This is a thing I recorded last night. We wipe at the end because I cannot literally kill every single thing, but up until the point half the team gets cocky and triggers a stormvermin patrol while failing to damage the ogre, horde, and sorcerer gives you a pretty good idea of what I'm doing in those 650 kill games. "good enough for government work" i guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCJn7rrFOHo

I dunno about out-and-out tutorials, but I kinda like the idea of recording games as different characters and uploading little samples to a playlist so people can see chronological character progression.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Digirat posted:

All the melee weapons I tested except for the executioner sword had massively nerfed headshot damage compared to the first game, so unless bardin has a weapon with an actually good headshot modifier I might just stop aiming for the head with him entirely and become the terror of shins everywhere, especially because you can now cut off both legs with one swing which is amazing

then you miss out on the sadistic thrill of splitting rat skulls with a giant sledgehammer.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
lune and i will be doing more tutorials for VT2. announcement video's scheduled for tomorrow morning.

it'll be a bit after proper release for us to get stuff together, of course; footage is a lot harder to obtain right this minute because there are no mods around. but we will figure it out.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Side note: Friendly fire is lovely, but after a certain point you're just walking in front of a person who's shooting. Come on, man. C'mon. I mean... come on.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

then you miss out on the sadistic thrill of splitting rat skulls with a giant sledgehammer.

That’s what a certain grumpy knight is for

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Willie Tomg posted:

Side note: Friendly fire is lovely, but after a certain point you're just walking in front of a person who's shooting. Come on, man. C'mon. I mean... come on.

I may not be the only person who cannot see your fire projectiles

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Coolguye posted:

lune and i will be doing more tutorials for VT2. announcement video's scheduled for tomorrow morning.

it'll be a bit after proper release for us to get stuff together, of course; footage is a lot harder to obtain right this minute because there are no mods around. but we will figure it out.

link to your channel?

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
beta servers just went down i think

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the training dummies are a nice idea and all but when stuff like the conflagration staff's aoe and half the attacks from the ceremonial dagger/flaming sword don't work right on them it kind of defeats the purpose of me figuring out how the conflagration staff's aoe and the attacks on the ceremonial dagger/flaming sword work

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Night10194 posted:

What I've seen so far does make me pretty excited for ratfighting, though.

Could do with more rats and a few less football boys though. I know the numbers are about equal but since they take longer to kill, the football fans stand out.

They do? The waterboys seem to burn just as easily as rats.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

eonwe posted:

link to your channel?

here is the channel.

here is the VT1 videos in case you want to look over them and get an idea for how things will go. the tutorial series has actually been an anomaly in our usual goofy lets play stuff so i kinda feel it only polite to link that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ty buddy

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Bussamove posted:

A new thread means a new thread title right? Because I'm personally a fan of Vermintide 2: Finding Dawri.
HOLY SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED THREAD

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Vermintide 2: It ain't racists to hate Elves

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm just jumping in the thread now, is the closed beta client going to turn into the open beta one, or do I need to re-download it tomorrow?

Orv
May 4, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm just jumping in the thread now, is the closed beta client going to turn into the open beta one, or do I need to re-download it tomorrow?

We don't know yet.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

VerminROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE 2: the game

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

The Ubersreik Five. Or Four. Doesn't matter.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

papa nurgle’s petting zoo

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's actually kind of frustrating the lack of info for beta 4 tomorrow. No patch notes, no one knows what time it will start, what client it will use, or even if we'll get all the maps or just the same 3.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

It starts at 19:00 CET.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Frustrated posted:

It's actually kind of frustrating the lack of info for beta 4 tomorrow. No patch notes, no one knows what time it will start, what client it will use, or even if we'll get all the maps or just the same 3.

As long as fatshark remains silent, they won't have to lie.

(soooooo.... what do you think the crunch time is like over there right now?)

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

One of the devs replied to my question about the use of ReShade and confirmed that it is allowed/won't be banned for it, so that's nice. I use it for prettiness and a better crosshair than the game provides natively.

I also really hope the "main" client is the one used for beta4/launch, since I've already uninstalled the beta3 client.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Vermintide 2: Drop Down and Get Your Nurgle On

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

v2: right in the dongliz

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Vermintide 2: The Empire Strikes Back

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Vermintide 2: First Person Bloodbowl

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i need to be able to inject the vermintide right into my veins but i can't

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

:vince:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Mendrian posted:

Vermintide 2: The Empire Strikes Back

:vince:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lots of good ones tbqh

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I think we gotta create 7 threads to enshrine these names. Post in whatever thread you feel best fits you.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

so wait, the beta ends at midnight est and is supposed to be continued via the preorder beta.... so launch in an hour and a half?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Atoramos posted:

so wait, the beta ends at midnight est and is supposed to be continued via the preorder beta.... so launch in an hour and a half?

It's supposed to be 10am PST tomorrow.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

rip all of my cool illusions for Bardin

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Vermintide 2: Okri's Eleven. Or four.

I like dwarf pun titles okay leave me alone.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
My money's on the small of the back, as it's a place that's "difficult to scratch."

Also I hope one of the bosses for V2 will be two shieldvermin taped together, back-to-back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

As no dwarf would ever scratch a rat, all of the rat is technically the dongliz.

• Locked thread