Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Speaking of which, anyone have suggestions for a good budget tablet to play FGO on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

Speaking of which, anyone have suggestions for a good budget tablet to play FGO on?
I used this thread IIRC to eventually land on a Lenovo TAB2 A10. Which worked out fine regardless of FGO because I needed a tablet anyway. It crashes every now and then but overall it runs FGO just fine.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I use the Google Nexus 7. Like Nate, it crashes now and then, but it can consistently run FGO 95% of the time. That tablet heats up like a motherfucker though.

Although according to tokomon you can just buy an Amazon Fire and install Google Play Store on it and play FGO. Fire tablets are renowned as 1) being cheap, and 2) running pretty drat good for how cheap they are.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Been bopping along all afternoon/evening on the Fire with nary a hitch.
I'll be happy to keep people updated if something goes sideways, but so far so peachy.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
A lot of the older fires don't have enough memory to run it properly, but there are certainly newer ones that should be fine.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Basically, yes. The 2017s should be fine.
You can't get in to fiddle around with the guts of it as nicely as the older ones since you can't as easily root it and load a bunch of custom ROMs and other things. Then again, though, installing the series of .apk required to get Google Play up and running doesn't require rooting and is literally five minutes of your time and just a little legwork. Going with the Fire HD 8 seems to be fine and if you really want to screw around with it to make it more like a normal Android tablet you can.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Is there a list of servant upgrade interludes currently available in the US?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Largepotato posted:

Is there a list of servant upgrade interludes currently available in the US?
https://grandorder.wiki/Interlude_and_Strengthening_Quests

You'll have to look at what the "Clear" requirements are to see if it's in NA yet, though even that doesn't account for some interludes which were only added until much later. Jeanne's NP interlude for example only requires one to have cleared London, but JP only got it added IIRC relatively recently.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Anyone know how a Fire would work if I'm part of the group that needs to rely on QooAPP and APKPure for updates?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Can the new Clear debuff remove Jeanne's stun?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Can the new Clear debuff remove Jeanne's stun?

Not sure which clear debuff you're talking about but yes; the stuns from Tamamo and Jeanne's NPs are normal debuffs so they can be removed or prevented as usual.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Anyone know how a Fire would work if I'm part of the group that needs to rely on QooAPP and APKPure for updates?

Not sure if this is any help or not but, from what I can tell, so long as it runs on a normal android tablet it should run? You basically have to tell it to permit installation from sources other than Amazon and roll from there. If it installs with an .apk it should work. I could give it a shot experimenting with it a little later but it seems like it would work.

Edit: Ahhhhh gently caress it.
QooAPP seems to be fine, installed and ran the Japanese version of FGO from it.

Double Edit: Things from the APKPure site seem to be fine.

tokomon fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 17, 2017

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
:toot:

I got Anne and Mary to show up with just a few tickets, so I've got plenty of quartz to try and summon Fran when London arrives.

I had really wanted Nero, Liz, and Fran from this, and while I haven't gotten Nero, I did have Waver show up, so I can't necessarily call that a loss.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

I just named JP Gudako Assy McGee. :v:

Edit: The injustice. Caster Gilgamesh on a comedy single roll.

tokomon fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 17, 2017

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Spent some quartz to get Anne & Mary to NP2 (I want to see what they can dish out with overcharge), after a few very disappointing pulls I got her and as a bonus got Artemis as well (not the same pull, but the one right before).

I wouldn't mind Fran for London, but since I've already got Jack, I'd say I'm good and set until I take another try at Tamamo during the Valentine's event.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Tamamo being like day 6 during the Valentine's event makes me real, real mad.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

NRVNQSR posted:

A lot of the older fires don't have enough memory to run it properly, but there are certainly newer ones that should be fine.

Specifically: the game needs 4GB of RAM to run smoothly. The minimum spec is 2GB, but that can often get dicey in terms of stability, especially if anything is running in the background. Any tablet with 4GB of RAM and a good modern processor, even a budget one, will run FGO just fine.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I run it on an old Lenovo with 1GB of RAM. All the animations are choppy, load times are atrocious, scrolling through my servant/ce list is a nightmare or input lag, and occasionally it'll crash or lock up the tablet entirely. But it does run well enough to play, if you've got the patience. (Just have to have something else to do during the load times.) And unlike with my phone, it doesn't get hot enough to fry an egg after 15 minutes.

I did try it with a Verizon tablet with similar RAM and it crashed every 5 minutes, so I sure wouldn't recommend being like me. If you're actually buying a device for this and not just using something you had lying around, you'll want to do better.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't know if my crashes are due to having low RAM, because it seems very inconsistent when/where it happens and every time I check it's never using all that much of the total 2GB. I do use some of the recommended apps from that reddit link (SD Maid, Greenify, Nova Launcher, etc.) to keep the used resources light. When it does chug (in a way that makes me think the RAM might be bottlenecking) it's usually when there are a huge number of stars to gather at the end of a turn, and during some NPs.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

ZiegeDame posted:

, scrolling through my servant/ce list is a nightmare or input lag, and occasionally it'll crash or lock up the tablet entirely.
Downloading the whole data will help a lot.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I'm seriously considering not rolling on a banner again until Merlin is in it, just because I don't want to give them any more gambling money and I play to casually to build a stock up otherwise.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
How long until L O N D O N?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RuanGacho posted:

I'm seriously considering not rolling on a banner again until Merlin is in it, just because I don't want to give them any more gambling money and I play to casually to build a stock up otherwise.

This is how I feel about Jalter.

Though I did give in to weakness and tossed a multi at the Jeanne-Up the other day. Was punished with a Gandr CE to remind me of my error.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

How long until L O N D O N?

From right now? Something like 37ish hours I think?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Everytime I'm tempted to roll, I watch Ziss's 3 hours of rolling for Jack

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Tae posted:

Everytime I'm tempted to roll, I watch Ziss's 3 hours of rolling for Jack
Cursed footage

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I remain fond of that one fellow trying to NP5 his NP4 Nightingale, spending something like $2000 in the process, ultimately resulting in getting enough spirit origins to just buy the fifth copy outright.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So apparently, characters that have neutral as the second part of their alignment (Lawful neutral, true neutral, and chaotic neutral) are now "balanced" (so it's now Lawful balanced, Neutral balanced, and Chaotic balanced) . When did that change?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlazeEmblem posted:

So apparently, characters that have neutral as the second part of their alignment (Lawful neutral, true neutral, and chaotic neutral) are now "balanced" (so it's now Lawful balanced, Neutral balanced, and Chaotic balanced) . When did that change?

That sounds like a google translate fuckup.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'almost weekly' santa alter

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

'almost weekly' santa alter

What was that even supposed to be?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What was that even supposed to be?
To my knowledge, it was meant to be "Almost(/Around) A Week With Santa Alter"

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
"Almost Weekly Santa Alter-san" is the ugly translation that the wikia has always had for it, so this may have been a misguided attempt to match the fans' existing nomenclature after they got so much pushback changing other things.

Anyway, I'm glad we no longer have to experiment to figure out what "Defeat 3 Neutral Servants" means.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In the matter of a week, I got Santa Saber Alter, I got Saber Alter, and I got Nero.

Translation: Life is loving good.:swoon:

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Man, I really need a saber. And a lancer. My top dudes are still Caesar and Cu.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I could spare you a sumanai

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish embers were in the shop. I want to get Eresh and some other servants leveled but I feel like it's just a waste of my time to go do hands instead of event stuff and hoping for them from the lottery. Bleh.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wish embers were in the shop. I want to get Eresh and some other servants leveled but I feel like it's just a waste of my time to go do hands instead of event stuff and hoping for them from the lottery. Bleh.

Six runs (assuming +6 drop bonus from clearing out the shop + support) of the 40 AP with Nitocris gets you 25 gold embers (the full box), which is about half the AP efficiency per gold ember, but they're all-embers, you also get a good number of silvers, and a bunch of QP, prisms, and other stuff.

So basically, just farm the event anyways. You'll get those levels eventually, and them you'll also be in a good position to level those skills.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 18, 2017

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Randallteal posted:

Same situation here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Randallteal posted:

Cu is the second best lancer in the game right now I thought? Unless you're talking about cu prototype.