Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Okay as bad as I feel for Koto...

The message at the bottom of the page! :buddy:

Onean posted:

New Love Me For What I Am and, well, poo poo. :smith:

This is why I felt like judging Koto harshly right away was too hasty!

I suspect she mostly hates guys because she's expected to like them, and because they "take" the girls she likes while she probably feels insecure even saying anything.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Endorph posted:

shockingly, dynasty scans, the site that had to be dragged kicking and screaming into not tagging trans manga as 'trap' or 'futanari', has weird tags
I think the detailed tags are absolutely fantastic because they speak volumes more than simply mature or adult which can mean anything from nudity and light sex to pure :gonk:.

Not having proper trans tag is kinda lovely though.

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 3, 2019

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's possible to have detailed tags without being gross about it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Poil posted:

I think the detailed tags are absolutely fantastic because they speak volumes more than simply mature or adult which can mean anything from nudity and light sex to pure :gonk:.

that's not a 'detailed tags' issue is there's a world of difference between dicks on page 9 and calling trans characters futanari. one is humorously overdescriptive one is inaccurate and gross

also iirc there was a tagging rulesheet somewhere that said don't tag futa as yuri which adds another layer of shittiness to that though I don't have it on hand so, grain of salt

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Poil posted:

?

Endorph posted:

I mean, there's a difference between a scene where an underage character has sex, and tagging that 'lolicon,' is my point. The former may or may not be depicted in a way that's hosed up, and that hosed upness may or may not be the intentional effect, the latter is just tacky. Dynasty-Scans just tags everything like it's a hentai site.

I can't speak for Dynasty Scans, but even if it could be more tasteful, it's a concise way to describe it that (almost) everyone who looks at that site will understand.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
are y'all for real

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dynasty scans did not always have that, and they used to be (and sometimes still are) cagey about using it, and like dis said it and the 'yuri tag' can sometimes be exclusive, or they can still tag stuff thats clearly meant to be trans as futanari.

Everything Burrito posted:

are y'all for real
apparently

as another example of the issues of tagging that isnt done by the artists, pixiv recentlyish added english tags but a lot of tags that are gender neutral get translated into gendered terms, so a lot of people's agender OCs or houseki fanart gets tagged with gendered terms

also why not just 'underage'

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mangadex seems to have split the old "gender bender" tag into "crossdressing" and "genderswap". It could still use a "trans" tag though.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Endorph posted:

also why not just 'underage'

the awkward but probably salient reason is that if they changed the tag to "underage" they'd have to tag a whole lot more stuff and they don't want to think about that

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

New Useless Princesses, still good poo poo

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
New Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi.

I wonder if we'll see more of lost blond boy.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Huh, interesting. This was a June license (out of print now) that they've apparently picked up.
https://twitter.com/SuBLimeManga/status/1102703265420988416

June did a limited reprint and I got a copy that way without having to pay the insane prices they were going for at one point used (and possibly still are? I haven't looked) but I might end up getting this version too because the reprint had a weird print error on some of the pages which was a bummer.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
wah, a new chapter of slow motion wo mou ichido!

https://vortex-scans.com/blog/2019/03/slow-motion-wo-mou-ichido-35/

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Finally! I missed the crazy hair...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Poil posted:

It does have one now, though, and even has a non-binary tag.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is cute. How cute?

second chapter's :nws:

edit: yep

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 6, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wow, that's very powerful.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lmaooooo at the new 19 Days

the bodyguard guy is my new favorite lol

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol at these dorks thinking they take on Yona

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.animefeminist.com/inter...e=socialnetwork

Talk with the author of Watashi no Kanojo wa Otokonoko

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1104116741855211521

Sad! @ all the people saying they wouldn't read it since it's by the lady who wrote NTR

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1104116741855211521

Sad! @ all the people saying they wouldn't read it since it's by the lady who wrote NTR

what a bunch of fools

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Also, just found out it's by the lady who made NTR, lol

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

DisDisDis posted:

Also, just found out it's by the lady who made NTR, lol

Same, it's good and I didn't know the author also wrote something people dislike so strongly

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Waci posted:

Same, it's good and I didn't know the author also wrote something people dislike so strongly

My understanding is that simultaneously it is hated by folks that hate ntr as a concept and by folks that like ntr because it’s not actually ntr

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
ntr?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Cuckoldry

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kodama Naoko is just kinda uneven and their main flaw is not really handling a lot of their darker stuff in an interesting way. Weirdly I'd say the characters in those seem actively dumber if only in contrast to the tone, lol

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
what has she written that's dark, i've only read this and NTR

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

DisDisDis posted:

what has she written that's dark, i've only read this and NTR

A World Without Freedom gets pretty heavy, or as heavy as something intentionally aiming for a tone of soap-opera-style melodrama can get, anyway.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i realized in the shower Netsuzou shares the questioning girl and out bisexual cheat on their boyfriends with eachother thing with a subplot of Pretty Little Liars, a network tv show for teen girls where a bunch of people get murdered and one of the protagonists fucks their 30 year old teacher, so it's really sad to see a bunch of people going 'I'd read this/this sounds good until I see it's by the author of NTR" when it has way less controversial content than an American teen soap

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

More than anything else, NTR is just kinda boring and pointlessly mean IMO.

The "I got gay married to shut my mom up" manga's good tho.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think I have ever seen soy sauce in a squeeze bottle.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DisDisDis posted:

i realized in the shower Netsuzou shares the questioning girl and out bisexual cheat on their boyfriends with eachother thing with a subplot of Pretty Little Liars, a network tv show for teen girls where a bunch of people get murdered and one of the protagonists fucks their 30 year old teacher, so it's really sad to see a bunch of people going 'I'd read this/this sounds good until I see it's by the author of NTR" when it has way less controversial content than an American teen soap

oh boy, these people are going to lose it when they hear about Riverdale

archie has sex

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

More than anything else, NTR is just kinda boring and pointlessly mean IMO.

The "I got gay married to shut my mom up" manga's good tho.

yeah especially after how people built it up here i just found it boring but I feel like a lot of people are coming at it from the moral outrage angle which is lame

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:hmmyes:
Also, where is this from? It feels familiar, but I can't place it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Lovely Amnesia