Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hideo Kojima is cool but death standing is a pass. I'm just not into mpreg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Guys you're going to need to slow down on the posts informing me that hilarious nintendo superfans don't want ps4's or, in extreme circumstances, might want an xbox one so they can play old Nintendo games. I cannot process this shocking news. It just cannot be true.

:mad:

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

greatn posted:

Hideo Kojima is cool but death standing is a pass. I'm just not into mpreg.

lol and i am the nintendo fanboy

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

greatn posted:

There is literally nothing intriguing to me on the PS4. At least Xbox one has Rare Replay.

Not even gravity rush?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sakurazuka posted:

All Rare games are bad apart from DKC 2 and that's only okay

Nice soundtrack though

What's it like being so wrong? Then again you think Persona is good so welp.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ohtsam posted:

Not even gravity rush?

I dunno know what that is. A fast racing hover car game I assume?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

greatn posted:

I dunno know what that is. A fast racing hover car game I assume?

Nah it's a really pretty and awesome first party title where you manipulate gravity to zoom around really fast.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ohtsam posted:

Nah it's a really pretty and awesome first party title where you manipulate gravity to zoom around really fast.

Throw it in the trash

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

old games are universally bad. games can only be good within 8 years of release

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Link to the Past is still the best Zelda game

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

greatn posted:

Throw it in the trash

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=17vVLxtWHZk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Guys you're going to need to slow down on the posts informing me that hilarious nintendo superfans don't want ps4's or, in extreme circumstances, might want an xbox one so they can play old Nintendo games. I cannot process this shocking news. It just cannot be true.

Lol

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

maybe he's tilted because he got stuck in uncharted 4?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

All Rare games are bad apart from DKC 2 and that's only okay

Nice soundtrack though

RC Pro Am was awesome

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's it like being so wrong? Then again you think Persona is good so welp.

Both 90's Rare games and Persona games are good

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Video Games of all kinds are really good.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Tarot is scary accurate

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I'm going to enjoy P5 on my PS3. I would have bought a PS4 if SO5 was bad in a good way instead of just kind of mediocre. If konami somehow put out a new/good suikoden game that would also get me to buy a PS4. If Cold Steel 3 stays a PS4 exclusive I'll be buying one in 2019 or whenever we get it.

There are a lot of gamers of all types who wouldn't see worth in owning a PS4. Most of what you'd call "Nintendo superfans" might buy a PS4 if it had a good platformer or local co-op game, for instance. But I don't think it really has either?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Does anyone in this thread like and play good video games??

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Knack 2 was just announced

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Kawabata posted:

I was re-checking the leaked release lineup and other than mario kart and smash bros (which were pretty much a given) it seems stuff like Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Yoshi's Woolly World and Pokken Tournament won't be ported, either ever or at least for the first 2 years or so.

I might forget about some other great game not being ported too. Would this justify the purchase of a Wii U now that the hardware is about to get discontinued? Am I being crazy? I also missed the last 2 Metroid Primes, Skyward Sword, Windwaker HD (never played the original) and the first Xenoblade; I'd finally be able to play those on the Wii U as well. Not to mention, will the console become a sort of collector's piece 5-6 years down the road, considering how few units were mass produced?

Everyone's expendable income is different but since you're asking in the first place I'd say yes, it's definitely worth it to buy the console now so that you can play those games you want to play. Is it worth saving $200 to go two years or so without playing some games you want to play? Keeping in mind that ports for those games aren't announced and at best maybe half of them will get ported, and will cost more than they do now (most of the must-have Wii U titles are $20 Nintendo selects). Worst case, you'll get hit by a car in 2018 never having played Tropical Freeze.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
PS4 has lots of good indie platformers, though. Plus Ratchet and Clank, Gravity Rush, and Crash Bandicoot...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

I love video games and play they daily!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames posted:

I love video games and play they daily!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If I had a knife and got close to Crash Bandicoot, I would just keep stabbing and stabbing. That loving punk thinks he can stand outside of Nintendo headquarters with a megaphone and hurl insults and get away with it.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

i'm currently trying to get all the green stars in galaxy 2 so i would have to say yes

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

VideoGames posted:

Video Games of all kinds are really good.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

punk rebel ecks posted:

You can easily tell in this thread who actually owned a Wii and explored its library, and who didn't.
speaking of which when are we getting another drat Fortune Street :mad:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Intel&Sebastian posted:

this is an irony free zone

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Sakurazuka posted:

Link to the Past is still the best Zelda game

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Super No Vacancy posted:

:same:

except super mario world

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

:same:

except super mario world

3 is my jam

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
thats fine but youre wrong

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

thats fine but youre wrong

Nah smw's lack of tanuki suit and kuribo shoe is whats wrong

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Tell you what game I like is Burnout Revenge. Put that poo poo on the Switch.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Real hurthling! posted:

I guess you prefer a flying method where you can't fly forever.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did you know that tanukis are real animals? They didn't just make them up for Mario

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Super No Vacancy posted:

Fruitcake and old games share a lot in common :tfrxmas:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

It checks out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Super Mario World and Mario 3 don't have cat bowser.

• Locked thread