Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
My favorite Pulaski moment is trying to belittle the captain as much as possible about his heart surgery. He just wants it done quietly and she makes sure to rush to the OR after the plot is done just to make sure the first thing he sees when he wakes up is her laughing in his face.

She was rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The doctor who was only in Season 2 was pretty great because she was this smug old lady that constantly gave picard, riker and data poo poo.

STAR TREK DOCTOR POWER RANKING
1- Bashir w/ Miles
2- Phlox
3- Bones
4- Bashir before Miles (AKA Blue Balls Bashir)
5- That Hologram
6- TNG Season 2 Golden Girls guest spot.
7- Dr. Crusher in a normal episode
8- Bashir Spy Mode
9- Bashir Mutant Crybaby
100- Dr. Crusher in a Dr. Crusher episode.

I'd argue that the subspace aliens with the fancy dissecting table were doctors and I'd put them above blue balls bashir.

And the Cardassian Holocaust doctor was for certain above Zimmerman.

And don't forget Worf's lawless spine doctor. I'd put her above "Frontier Medicine" bashir as well

Same goes for Average Vidian Phage-having Doctor Encountered anywhere.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Phlox was 100% trying to get the crew to bang each other at every opportunity.
His treatment for PTSD was to rub a naked vulcan hottie lol.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I like the crusher episode where everyone vanishes

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I hate Data and Geordi. I can never get through TNG because of them.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I hate Data and Geordi. I can never get through TNG because of them.

Racist

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Against Robot-Americans and Goonlords? Maybe. Geordi is cringe worthy.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Phlox was pretty awesome.

Bones had the hands of a surgeon.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Remember the time he gave an old woman a pill and it regrew her kidney?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The best was when Pulaski has a bunch of people die in an accident, but then radios in a bit later like, 'hey we had some fatalities, it's ok i cured death offscreen, ps gently caress you data'.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

She actually clicked on the medical file and put a questionmark after the [deceased] checkbox.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

shadow puppet of a posted:

And the Cardassian Holocaust doctor was for certain above Zimmerman.

What about equinox doctor with the deleted ethics

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I mean, bringing people back to life has gotten progressively easier on Trek. The first time they do it it takes an entire movie, it's dramatic when they pull it off on TNG, then it's old, stale oats on Voyager and they have to come up with technobabble for why the technobabble that brings you back to life wouldn't work in a particular situation.

"Oh, yeah, can't use the nanoprobes on this guy, his neural pathways are something something."

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like the voyager episode where they use starfleet medical data that happened to be based off a cardassian doctor who had questionable ethics and unproven accusations against him to build another probably sentient hologram who turns out to be a really nice and helpful dude but he has to be deleted because some crinkle nose doesn't like spoon heads. The hologram is totally unethical because it uses evil evil science that should never be used or read by anyone and anything based on that data needs to be purged, but no one purges the starfleet medical database that has been happily storing and using the research for years because the ship's computer doesn't have a spoon head.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

corn in the bible posted:

I like the crusher episode where everyone vanishes

Best part was when it was just Picard and Crusher left.
"We've never needed anyone else before."
*cue Careless Whisper*

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it was p funny when they shared thoughts and crusher was like "you're in love with me?" and picard was like "yeah wanna do something about it?" and she's all "nah friendzoned forever bitch" but he got to bang vash so maybe he ended up winning in the end but then q cucked him so maybe not

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

it was p funny when they shared thoughts and crusher was like "you're in love with me?" and picard was like "yeah wanna do something about it?" and she's all "nah friendzoned forever bitch" but he got to bang vash so maybe he ended up winning in the end but then q cucked him so maybe not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf9oD_xl8mI

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Watching more Enterprise, Please someone spoil this episode's B plot and tell me Trip fucks Phlox's wife.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 31, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hehe. Humans.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

What about equinox doctor with the deleted ethics

Best doctor winner.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I really like that part in crusher's "everyone is vanishing" episode where we stop hearing the computer read picards vitals before realizing Picards not there anymore. Effective use of sound there

pomery
Oct 19, 2016

Volcott posted:

I mean, bringing people back to life has gotten progressively easier on Trek. The first time they do it it takes an entire movie, it's dramatic when they pull it off on TNG, then it's old, stale oats on Voyager and they have to come up with technobabble for why the technobabble that brings you back to life wouldn't work in a particular situation.

"Oh, yeah, can't use the nanoprobes on this guy, his neural pathways are something something."

Are we counting the black savage they bring back from the dead in season 1 of TNG?
I mean she was dead for not even a minute so I'd see why not

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Gutcruncher posted:

I really like that part in crusher's "everyone is vanishing" episode where we stop hearing the computer read picards vitals before realizing Picards not there anymore. Effective use of sound there

That was an awesome episode all around and it shows that when she's written well, Beverly can be an awesome character. It's a real shame the writers couldn't do it more often.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powered Descent posted:

That was an awesome episode all around and it shows that when she's written well, Beverly can be an awesome character. It's a real shame the writers couldn't do it more often.

They did try again. It ended with getting a woman orgasming in primetime 90's television.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They did try again. It ended with getting a woman orgasming in primetime 90's television.

Those writers are truly at the peak of their craft.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Still reading this awesome book and OF COURSE Rick Berman loves the Enterprise theme. Still loves it. Everyone wanted it changed but he knew better. He always knew better. Talk about failing upward.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I forgot how Tom Riker does everything short of grabbing Major Kira by the pussy before being beamed over to Cardassian custody.

Should have been sentenced to death imho.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Remind me, had Kira anything going on after Bareil croaked it?

Except for the half potato, half japanese Baby?

Speaking of that Woman that played Molly, Hana Hatae, wasn't she in some new Star Trek Project, like a fan film or something?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Shakaar

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I forgot about him. They broke up super quick tho.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

She was doing some government minister for a while. He was a real step down from Bareil in the looks department but it was probably nice to have a simple conversation wrap up in less than half an hour since her new man didnt speak at a vedek's pace.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

shadow puppet of a posted:

She was doing some government minister for a while. He was a real step down from Bareil in the looks department but it was probably nice to have a simple conversation wrap up in less than half an hour since her new man didnt speak at a vedek's pace.

Imagine foreplay with Bareil, it probably took 5 hours to get through the dirtytalk.

Actually, I don't wanna imagine Bajoran Sex.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Well he did get involved with her when she had another mans baby, its hard to blame him for being like "This poo poo is too weird, gently caress this!" and walked off.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Imagine foreplay with Bareil, it probably took 5 hours to get through the dirtytalk.

Actually, I don't wanna imagine Bajoran Sex.

I admire your pubes,

Nerys.

Like a long grass,

through a short summer.

As we all were before.

When once in time,

and again,

we are restored.

Together.

Mmm.

Gonna hump ya.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

MrJacobs posted:

Well he did get involved with her when she had another mans baby, its hard to blame him for being like "This poo poo is too weird, gently caress this!" and walked off.

Wasn't he the one dinging that awful gong while she was in labor in the hopes of reclimating that Dahkur province vag?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

There's an episode where Odo is going full stalker on Kira while she's loving Shakaar to the point where he stands outside their door all night and fails to stop an assassin. Said assassin is caught instead by Worf and security, leading Odo to throw a massive temper tantrum in his room.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

There's an episode where Odo is going full stalker on Kira while she's loving Shakaar to the point where he stands outside their door all night and fails to stop an assassin. Said assassin is caught instead by Worf and security, leading Odo to throw a massive temper tantrum in his room.

And then Odo's real best friend, Quark, is the one to pick him up and dust him off to teach him how to deal with this emotional crisis.

It's a good Odo moment and one of the best moments that cement Odo & Quark as the best characters on the show.

Man the andorians in ENT are great. Is Jeffery Combs just the best reoccurring guest star they've got? Dude kills it regardless of what role he's given.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 1, 2017

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

Still reading this awesome book and OF COURSE Rick Berman loves the Enterprise theme. Still loves it. Everyone wanted it changed but he knew better. He always knew better. Talk about failing upward.

That theme song is the perfect example of Thing An Old Guy Thinks Is Really Hip and With It, But Clearly Isn't and probably did more to drive away potential new viewers than anything else about that show

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

...I...I like the Enterprise Opening Theme. It made me long for Space, the Final Frontier..in mah heart.

I'm 27.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Tighclops posted:

That theme song is the perfect example of Thing An Old Guy Thinks Is Really Hip and With It, But Clearly Isn't and probably did more to drive away potential new viewers than anything else about that show

It's from Patch Adams. It's. From. Patch. Adams.

You're right about it driving away people. A writer tells a story of showing the show to his new GF and she literally fell out of the chair laughing at the theme song.

Edit: the original track they wanted but couldn't afford was Beautiful Day by U2. Better song, but still... You just gotta go with the orchestra on Star Trek.