Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Americans need to get used to fish sauce. It smells like death but a few drops improves nearly any savory dish. It's better than sriracha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I accidentally added a zero to the amount in mL of fish sauce in chili once. It was vile and i'm too afraid to try it again because throwing away all that food and time again would suck.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I accidentally added a zero to the amount in mL of fish sauce in chili once. It was vile and i'm too afraid to try it again because throwing away all that food and time again would suck.

I recommend trying again, given that you know precisely what you did wrong.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mu Zeta posted:

Try making curry without onions. It tastes like bull poo poo.

My girlfriend hates onions and it loving kills me to not use it in basically everything I cook.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Chernabog posted:

PHUO: Raisins are garbage that degrade whatever they are in, both in texture and flavor.

Also, onions are the vegetable version of raisins.

Worse than racism. Holy poo poo.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
There are an awful lot of people in the world who really really hate onions.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

If adding onions and fish sauce to basically everything savoury is an unpopular opinion then a lot of people need to start doing that because those are two things that seem insignificant but actually make a huge difference.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

Americans need to get used to fish sauce. It smells like death but a few drops improves nearly any savory dish. It's better than sriracha.

There needs to be versions of Asian foods without fish sauce because some people are allergic to fish. I'm sure somebody can figure it out.

I adore Asian food and would eat way more of it if everything wasn't made with fish. Thai food especially; what I've had was absolutely heavenly but I react to all of it and it sucks. Even things that don't have fish can give me issues as so much seafood gets cooked it contaminates everything and a lot of Asian places just aren't safe for me to eat at.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There needs to be versions of Asian foods without fish sauce because some people are allergic to fish. I'm sure somebody can figure it out.

I adore Asian food and would eat way more of it if everything wasn't made with fish. Thai food especially; what I've had was absolutely heavenly but I react to all of it and it sucks. Even things that don't have fish can give me issues as so much seafood gets cooked it contaminates everything and a lot of Asian places just aren't safe for me to eat at.

The Thai place I most frequently visit has normal and vegetarian versions of everything feasible. They use mushroom-based fish sauce alternative by default in the relevant vegetarian dishes, or nothing if you want. Sometimes I can taste a drop of fish/mushroom sauce in a litre of curry, and sometimes it doesn't matter, so it's nice to have the option. Doubt you could eat there if allergic, though. Same as with peanuts, really.

e: come visit and I'll make fishless curry for you. Or don't, because I'm a terrible cook.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

CrRoMa posted:

There are an awful lot of people in the world who really really hate onions.

Onions cause me to blow my rear end in a top hat out and it's really frustrating that they are put in literally everything, by everyone.

I can't just request the onions are taken out because most of the time you just get something that has onion stink all over it that makes me sick anyway.

If I had a choice of eliminating world hunger or onions I'd go straight for onions without a second thought.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Onions cause me to blow my rear end in a top hat out and it's really frustrating that they are put in literally everything, by everyone.

I can't just request the onions are taken out because most of the time you just get something that has onion stink all over it that makes me sick anyway.

If I had a choice of eliminating world hunger or onions I'd go straight for onions without a second thought.

This is the worst post I’ve ever seen on the forums.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

His poison rear end is making mierpoix more fragrant.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

The first time I smelled fish sauce I was in a Pho restaurant for the first time back in the 90's and I thought the baby at the next table poo poo it's diaper. It is really good though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Release order is almost always the best way to watch / read something.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Release order is almost always the best way to watch / read something.

Is that unpopular? Isn't it how most people watch/read things?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Maybe, I dunno. Might have been better for the Pet Peeve thread.

It was prompted by things like Netflix rereleasing Arrested Development S4 in chronological order (and making that the default) and people talking about watching all the MCU content in chronological order leading up to Infinity War.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

With normal people, no I don't think so. But check TVIV or Book Barn (and I guess the movies one based on the guy above me) and you'll see lots of people with their "correct" orders to watch things in. It's silly and I'm pretty sure whatever benefit/insight the people think they are getting by watching them out of release order is entirely in their head and they just want to be "different".

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Generally you do not want to watch an adult video all the way through from start to conclusion, nor do you need to follow the series sequentially. There are exceptions, but if we're being honest, not that many.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

From what I've gathered from his endless tutorials online, Gordon Ramsay doesn't seem like that good of a cook and he's also an idiot.

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 08:40 on Jun 8, 2018

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

From what I've gathered from his endless tutorials online, Gordon Ramsay doesn't seem like that good of a cook and he's also an idiot.

I'm sure he was great when he was actually working as a chef, but yeah nowadays he's way more "celebrity chef" than "chef". Also his eggs that everyone raves about here are gross mush. I don't care if that's the "proper" way, it has hardly any texture.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Caufman posted:

Generally you do not want to watch an adult video all the way through from start to conclusion

But how else can you judge?
:goonsay:

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Tiggum posted:

You always get some weird oval office who has seen all the star wars films half a dozen times each but puts aside a weekend to watch them all in sequential time order because star wars has that much importance to them. Its a bit much.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm sure he was great when he was actually working as a chef, but yeah nowadays he's way more "celebrity chef" than "chef". Also his eggs that everyone raves about here are gross mush. I don't care if that's the "proper" way, it has hardly any texture.

I used to watch some of his shows and it was entirely for shlock entertainment and not for the actual cooking.

For whatever it's worth I went to his pub food restaurant and it was pretty good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I saw one recipe where he was making tacos with a wasabi-mayo sauce and that's when I knew he's run out of ideas.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Canemacar posted:

Feminism was co-opted by corporate and government interests as a means of forcing women into the workforce as the economy shifted to a 2-breadwinners-per-family model. This greatly expanded the pool of available workers paying taxes, and increased competition for available jobs resulting in stagnant wages.

No truly revolutionary, movement of oppressor vs. oppressed would be taught in universities, promoted in corporate media, or receive federal funding.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Just how invested are you in buttgate?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mu Zeta posted:

I saw one recipe where he was making tacos with a wasabi-mayo sauce and that's when I knew he's run out of ideas.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but lol at fancy British chefs trying to make Mexican or tex mex dishes. They call them "taycos" and "natchus" and poo poo. It's like going to a home style southern diner and they're selling you haggis or something.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Every type of aioli is so much worse than any other kind of sauce that it really shouldn't exiat

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MizPiz posted:

Every type of aioli is so much worse than any other kind of sauce that it really shouldn't exiat

Spanish aioli is great because it just has two ingredients. Olive oil and garlic.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Mu Zeta posted:

Spanish aioli is great because it just has two ingredients. Olive oil and garlic.

Isn't this what you dip bread in at Italian chain restaurants?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm sure all European cuisine share 99% of the same ingredients. But the spanish stuff looks like whipped mayo, it just doens't have eggs or other stuff in it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I think in the UK runnier eggs are preferred by most people, it's just a cultural thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah. One of the the things that inspired that post are those disgusting eggs and also last night I ran into a video of "the perfect burger" where he just seasons and seasons these burgers for days, claims an egg is necessary, and acts like he thought of something new by toasting the buns.It looked like a drat meatloaf on a grill.

Actually I think British guys usually seem to fundamentally misunderstand hamburgers and they are really annoying when they act like they know what's what.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah. One of the the things that inspired that post are those disgusting eggs and also last night I ran into a video of "the perfect burger" where he just seasons and seasons these burgers for days, claims an egg is necessary, and acts like he thought of something new by toasting the buns.It looked like a drat meatloaf on a grill.

Actually I think British guys usually seem to fundamentally misunderstand hamburgers and they are really annoying when they act like they know what's what.

I just watched the perfect burger and basically the only thing he does differently from most people is adding an egg and cutting it in half at the end. I'm also not a fan of the egg bit, it messes with the texture imho. Give me a grilled normal person burger any day.

While we're on Ramsay, it always drives me nuts how he always picks things apart and eats things individually when judging on his shows. Like if he gets a burger he'll take off the bun, pick through the toppings and taste things individually. I guess that gives you a fuller picture, but at least take a full bite first to get an idea of what the cook/chef was going for.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
As the one here who is *the most* American, "meatloaf" burgers are better anyway.

Not to say I don't also love the purist hamburger, but I feel you're missing out by not putting a lot of awesome poo poo in there.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I’m an American who likes burgers with egg on them

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

fruit on the bottom posted:

I’m an American who likes burgers with egg on them

That's different from an egg in the mix of hte burger. Egg as a topping is fine.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Aramek posted:

As the one here who is *the most* American, "meatloaf" burgers are better anyway.

Not to say I don't also love the purist hamburger, but I feel you're missing out by not putting a lot of awesome poo poo in there.

I mash my hamburgers up with shredded cheese, diced onion, a little garlic powder, and crumbled bacon, it's like crack

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

I got made fun of for saying those weren't tacos and that his "chili" recipe was lovely for having like a teaspoon of chili powder in it. I'm sure his French recipes are great, but I agree with purple death ray that Europeans should just keep away from food from the Americas. I'd lose sleep if I ever encountered an English empanada.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I mash my hamburgers up with shredded cheese, diced onion, a little garlic powder, and crumbled bacon, it's like crack

Same, but with literal crack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

That's different from an egg in the mix of hte burger. Egg as a topping is fine.

Yeah, I didn’t read that carefully.