Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Aqua posted:

Is the state of play that bad?

just wait until you have the epiphany that your choices do zero to effect the overall game; rock the boat too much and CCP will put a stop to whatever you concocted or decided to do. every alliance or large entity reimburses players, local makes non-consensual null pvp essentially non existent, and CCP will refund up to 7 pvp losses per year per player, just say "you lagged out."

game is a themepark of pre-planned fights, and init's 20 to 1 number advantage eviction of wormhole groups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

just wait until you have the epiphany that your choices do zero to effect the overall game; rock the boat too much and CCP will put a stop to whatever you concocted or decided to do.

Anyone who is new to the game, keep in mind this is from a poster who is famous for playing the "i'm not touching you" game with the game devs and GMs. This is not really a problem 99% of people will run into.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys, a buddy and I have gotten into that wormhole living lately and have been completely destroying C3 anomalies in our RR/MJD Domis. We started off with Gilas but the RR domis are cheaper and just crush everything so easily. Would it be possible or worthwhile to do C4s with a similar strategy (Navy Domi or nestors)? How far can a 2(maybe 3) man team go before caps are just 100% necessary? Thanks

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

CainFortea posted:

Anyone who is new to the game, keep in mind this is from a poster who is famous for playing the "i'm not touching you" game with the game devs and GMs. This is not really a problem 99% of people will run into.

i have never played the 'i'm not touching you' game, please stop drinking the koolaid.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Hey guys, a buddy and I have gotten into that wormhole living lately and have been completely destroying C3 anomalies in our RR/MJD Domis. We started off with Gilas but the RR domis are cheaper and just crush everything so easily. Would it be possible or worthwhile to do C4s with a similar strategy (Navy Domi or nestors)? How far can a 2(maybe 3) man team go before caps are just 100% necessary? Thanks

4 nestors with refits are good for c5, 6 nestors will wreck them, 4 nestors with 2 leshaks will wreck them twice as fast

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

i have never played the 'i'm not touching you' game, please stop drinking the koolaid.

have you ever played the 'i post good' game

Aqua posted:

Is the state of play that bad?

as long as you join a decently-sized coalition you can pretty much do whatever you want, the main key is not getting bored since a lot of non-pvp things are repetitive in one way or another. this game comes from the pre-WoW era where grind was the only real way to progress and it shows

Good Dumplings fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Apr 1, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Good Dumplings posted:

have you ever played the 'i post good' game

evvery goddam* day on my lif*

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

local makes non-consensual null pvp essentially non existent

I didn't expect salty tears from you on this subject so often

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Sneak Lemming posted:

I didn't expect salty tears from you on this subject so often

haha TEARS epic buzzword friend let me know when you add your 5th level skillpoint to intelligence

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
oh no, are you actually angry about local? is it really not an act?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

haha hey guys EPIC gooning anyway I played fortnite with a goon once and he said I can join goonfleet this game seems cool and worth a try please direct message me ingame I'm gragnar spaceshaft44444 lol

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Sneak Lemming posted:

oh no, are you actually angry about local? is it really not an act?

nice umad, did you get that from reddit?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
It's true though local is dumb.

But having to manually press that dscan button is also dumb (not for focused d-scan mind you, just the generic d-scan). Should just make it auto repeat like every 5 seconds or something and give it a longer range because you know it's a goddamn space game and of course radar/sensors should be like a somewhat automated thing.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Space sonar that shows distant contacts in space and let you use active or passive sensors would be cool as hell.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
I'm in favor of reversing the two. Have d-scan auto-update and press a button to load local. Know when you're hosed but not who is loving you without effort.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Remote-repping Rattlesnakes were the go-to (when I last played a year or two ago) for doing C4 sites in 2-3 man teams without caps

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Ynglaur posted:

Space sonar that shows distant contacts in space and let you use active or passive sensors would be cool as hell.

It's dumb that it isn't already like this in a game with submarine physics. :ccp:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

let me in

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

who runs auth now

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I like local just the way it is. Well, no I don't but every idea i've ever read here, or on reddit about local, as always been more poo poo than what :ccp: already has implemented.

leave local the way it is, it's not what is making this game poo poo.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Remove local but triple rat bounties and mineral output god bless

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dalael posted:

it's not what is making this game poo poo.

local has always been trash

it basically neuters any kind of small group from being able to affect large entities in a localized environments, that and timers and harsh barriers to entry via citadel killin

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

local has always been trash

it basically neuters any kind of small group from being able to affect large entities in a localized environments, that and timers and harsh barriers to entry via citadel killin

funny I remember entire systems being shut down by lone cloaky campers. Any place that doesn't have the benefit of a supercap umbrella to save their asses are still somewhat vulnerable to that.

Point is, local has never been a real issue, it's just a point of contention between differing point of views on those basic premise, "Should you be able to know exactly who is in the system? Should you know at all times?" But it's not why this game is poo poo. EVE has a worse issues than local.

When it comes to local, the dude says it better than I can. "Yeah, well, u'kno, that's just like uh your opinion man"

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dalael posted:

funny I remember entire systems being shut down by lone cloaky campers. Any place that doesn't have the benefit of a supercap umbrella to save their asses are still somewhat vulnerable to that.

Point is, local has never been a real issue, it's just a point of contention between differing point of views on those basic premise, "Should you be able to know exactly who is in the system? Should you know at all times?" But it's not why this game is poo poo. EVE has a worse issues than local.

When it comes to local, the dude says it better than I can. "Yeah, well, u'kno, that's just like uh your opinion man"

thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion

Dalael posted:

Point is, local has never been a real issue

it's definitely top 5, along with citadels and supercap balance.

what are you supposed to do as a small entity when anyone who doesn't want to fight you doesn't have to, and it takes 10x the effort as an attacker to force the fight than it takes a defender to repel it?

you just join one of the blocs, or prey on AFKers, or do some crazy gimmick like running 40 cloaky camping alts

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I will never understand this pants-making GBS threads fear of someone being cloaked up like so many pubbies wail on about

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

PathAsc posted:

I will never understand this pants-making GBS threads fear of someone being cloaked up like so many pubbies wail on about

BECAUSE NOTHING IS ALLOWED TO STOP THEM MAKING 80M/HR AFK

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

it's definitely top 5, along with citadels and supercap balance.

what are you supposed to do as a small entity when anyone who doesn't want to fight you doesn't have to, and it takes 10x the effort as an attacker to force the fight than it takes a defender to repel it?

you just join one of the blocs, or prey on AFKers, or do some crazy gimmick like running 40 cloaky camping alts

I think local having been removed a while back showed how bs your ideas are.

Sorry but no local fixed nothing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dalael posted:

I think local having been removed a while back showed how bs your ideas are.

We clearly didn't give it a chance enough

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

No let’s do it again so this game can finally die

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

No let’s do it again so this game can finally die

But what am I going to do with all the time I currently spend playing this lovely game? :ohdear:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wibla posted:

But what am I going to do with all the time I currently spend playing this lovely game? :ohdear:

What’s that janky rear end shootmans game called again?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Dalael posted:

it fixed local being there

no local was the only thing that brought me back to playing nullsec, and i'm not the only one.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it fixed local being there

no local was the only thing that brought me back to playing nullsec, and i'm not the only one.
meanwhile everyone else logged off so u had nobody to shoot at lol

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
local is cancer but

as if you ever did

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Local is good. In general, it is good for large, stable alliances to have ways to defend themselves from lone raiders and more importantly to have awareness about who is in their space. Here’s hoping that 2020 brings an end to cloaky camping :thumbsup:

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Definitely not angry about local.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Local sucks and the game was more fun when it was gone

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Prop Wash posted:

Local is good. In general, it is good for large, stable alliances to have ways to defend themselves from lone raiders and more importantly to have awareness about who is in their space. Here’s hoping that 2020 brings an end to cloaky camping :thumbsup:

players have more than ample ways to defend themselves, you cannot 'git good' when local exists, you MUST only kill afkers and brand new players who don't know what local is.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

players have more than ample ways to defend themselves, you cannot 'git good' when local exists, you MUST only kill afkers and brand new players who don't know what local is.

Have you ever thought about playing a game more suited to your bitch skills, maybe solitaire or minesweeper?
Jesus gently caress every two days you reset your whinning, if it's not bitching about how impossible it is to kill freighters, it's about how local is evil and you're just unable to kill anything, despite others doing so successfully.

Maybe, just maybe spend a year or so shooting something with guns and you just might reacquire skills you lost from spending so much time shooting undefended whales.

I dunno man, it's getting annoying hearing the same rehashed arguments that were completely and utterly proven wrong in the very last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Oh and I forgot.. "My 20 man corp should be able to bring a 5k alliance to its knees!"

:getout: