Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Poil posted:

The visuals and the descriptions of the people ingesting the "food" is making me want to garf. :barf: It's even worse than what I remember from when I started reading this thread. I wonder if nathield ever ate any of it himself.

Yeah. Although in this particular case it's just throwing up videos from the same channel. Youtube once suggested this mix of Mongolian throat singing and Latvian bagpipes to me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vztRqe_CHC0

Still Garfin', still barfin' after all these years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Scientastic posted:

But with no warehousing or infrastructure of its own. It’s more like a license verification service and online catalogue, like an anti-Etsy, where nothing is handmade and everything is available elsewhere.

This is secured in the business plan by having the licensees ship their own products from their own warehouses or stores directly to customers

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Best thing posted in this accursed thread

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

wynott dunn posted:

This is secured in the business plan by having the licensees ship their own products from their own warehouses or stores directly to customers

Okay I'm back to being confused, again. So Egeez just gives a thumbs up to "yes, this is authentic?" How is that a business?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Drunk Nerds posted:

Okay I'm back to being confused, again. So Egeez just gives a thumbs up to "yes, this is authentic?" How is that a business?

If you listen to the 1st "podcast" episode, there's an interview at the end of it where Nathen tried to explain to an interviewer how Eegeez works and by the end of it, I arrived at the conclusion that neither of them understood what it does/is supposed to do

E: Also loling at "from the comfort of their warehouse".

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 14, 2023

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

You don't get it? Oh, geez!

It's more like UberEats if anything. Just attempts at connecting merch stores/licensors with the customers by an app and whatever credibility Nathen can muster.

A service that nobody needs, except *maybe* people obsessed with franchises, fandoms and paying too much money for Spider-Man(tm) branded underwear, who can't wrap their heads around Amazon or whatever on-line merch stores exist already.

It's a game changer only because Mazri desperately needs a success in his life

The big trick is Nathen doesn't want to do any actual job around it. Just an app and his idiotic branding around it. No infrastructure, logistics, personell, anything that would need maintenance.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

laserghost posted:

You don't get it? Oh, geez!

It's more like UberEats if any thing.

Yeah but there's nuance here that Nathen doesn't understand. Ubereats/Door Dash etc work because restaurants don't have their own distribution chains. Many don't offer delivery so there's an actual niche there offering some value to the vendor as well as convenience to the customer (at inflated prices for both because the middle man has to be paid, of course).

I suspect what Nathen did was look at the Door Dash business model and say "YES LIKE THIS ONLY WITH GARFIELD" and that's as much thought as he put into it.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
But the key to UberEats and all those other companies is they provide the delivery, which otherwise wouldn't exist. They add infrastructure for a fee. Egeez adds...?

E: f,b.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

:woop:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

wynott dunn posted:

I'm really glad you found and posted this, because it is the pinnacle of stupidity itt, for me. More than grease soaked tissue boxes, more than the horrible lack of proofreading. The notion that you can sell, "you get to pay us a fee to not make your warehouse shipping job any easier" by slapping the word "comfort" in the front. This broke me.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

i'm brain damaged enough to where i think i got it

nathan once mentioned something along the lines of "arabs are nuts about brands!! can't buy enough", he himself is brand-crazy, he had those videos of him at whatever dubai mall that was basic as poo poo but that's what he and presumably others are into

so he wants to replicate that experience, online, with the argument against Amazon is that amazon doesn't vet things

and I guess egeez is both the organization that will verify that X brand items are coming from Y manufacturer and Z (something else idk) while also being the marketplace that directs orders from customers to the companies that sell brand stuff

consumers want this because they want The Real thing, and nathan thinks what companies care about is that the customers are made whole and happy about their decisions rather than "how much money can we wring out of these dumbasses", and thinks they'll pay egeez some dollar amount to get that guarantee

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

nathan views himself (but I don't think he's aware of it) as the consumer in that situation, the "little guy", and it's a "little guy banishes corruption from the system" story that he's trying to sell and he is an abysmal storyteller

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It's genuinely funny as hell that Nathen thinks he can compete with Amazon on any level with his only bargaining chip being "hey at least you know your Goofy plush isn't counterfeit"

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Frank Frank posted:

It's genuinely funny as hell that Nathen thinks he can compete with Amazon on any level with his only bargaining chip being "hey at least you know your Goofy plush isn't counterfeit"

I bet that if anything actually comes of it, eeGeez will end up flooded with counterfeit crap

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

It's not a counterfeit goofy it's a genuine licensed goffy

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
My take on eGeez is that Nathen is obsessed with licensing and truly believes that being a licensee somehow confers prestige and exclusivity. So it just burns him up to know that there are people out there selling knockoff Garfield T shirts who didn’t put in the hard work and be young enough to secure their own license. Then he took that anger and tried to turn it into a business model, which clearly didn’t work

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Has he stated how he's going to check that the products are actually officially licensed? I mean it's easy enough for the obvious names, Disney etc., but what about smaller shops that have sublicensed Aqua Teen Hungerforce keychains or something. What's the vetting process that sets him apart from just buying straight from the source?

The whole Spiderman/Spider-Man gently caress up on the official Iggies page does not inspire confidence that he can actually do the one thing he claims the product does.

Also that was mostly retorical because he obviously can't do any of that and this is never going to work because it's Nathen. Just curious what his vision is for this process

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Every day we stray further from Garf's light.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm really glad you found and posted this, because it is the pinnacle of stupidity itt, for me. More than grease soaked tissue boxes, more than the horrible lack of proofreading. The notion that you can sell, "you get to pay us a fee to not make your warehouse shipping job any easier" by slapping the word "comfort" in the front. This broke me.

:tipshat:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Eight-Six posted:

i'm brain damaged enough to where i think i got it

nathan once mentioned something along the lines of "arabs are nuts about brands!! can't buy enough", he himself is brand-crazy, he had those videos of him at whatever dubai mall that was basic as poo poo but that's what he and presumably others are into

so he wants to replicate that experience, online, with the argument against Amazon is that amazon doesn't vet things

and I guess egeez is both the organization that will verify that X brand items are coming from Y manufacturer and Z (something else idk) while also being the marketplace that directs orders from customers to the companies that sell brand stuff

consumers want this because they want The Real thing, and nathan thinks what companies care about is that the customers are made whole and happy about their decisions rather than "how much money can we wring out of these dumbasses", and thinks they'll pay egeez some dollar amount to get that guarantee

all this is sort of true insofar as its a way to rationalize his dumbass greed into a 'legitimate' business idea

except the real reason is just that nathen wants garfield back and he intends to trick nickelodean into signing up for egeez (somehow)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I can kind of see how a non-incompetent thing like that would look. A bit like amazon, but everything is sold through the seller shops. The front page would probably have paid placements for "The Disney shop has 5% off pyjamas today", and there would be some sort of site builder to let the brands shape their stores. Add in a site-wide search so you can still search for "t-shirts size male medium" or whatever, and it could theoretically be a thing that made someone some money. Especially if it wasn't competing with Amazon.

The appeal for brand-conscious shoppers would be that they could get a mall-like browsing experience: both "here are a list of brands that have stores that all work the same way" and "here are stores with everything genuine available from each brand". The appeal for the brands would just be that it's another place for customers to find them, but that could be enough.

Not that Nathen has done a single percent of the work to make that real.

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 14, 2023

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Oh man geeze, someone’s going to fork jail.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
But what is the advantage for the licensee selling their products through eGeez? Peace of mind knowing that the buyers only what licensed bagpacks? And you know Nathen has some Doobie-style pricing scheme for how much he takes off the top

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Big City Drinkin posted:

But what is the advantage for the licensee selling their products through eGeez? Peace of mind knowing that the buyers only what licensed bagpacks? And you know Nathen has some Doobie-style pricing scheme for how much he takes off the top

Being super-generous, the licensee knows they won’t be competing with fakes on the platform, so they can enjoy a better profit-margin.

Realistically, consumers will just go to Amazon to order Spader-Man underwear instead.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blue Moonlight posted:

Being super-generous, the licensee knows they won’t be competing with fakes on the platform, so they can enjoy a better profit-margin.

Realistically, consumers will just go to Amazon to order Spader-Man underwear instead.

Egeez also promises the lowest prices so the profit margins will not be better!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

exit through the gift shop except theres no attraction

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

nathen mazri is an enemy of the common person

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Always lowest pric for licensed stuff, Phucket, I'm buy Egeez. It's not like theres anywhelse to buy from.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Buddy there's already a GBS KING OF THE RING thread

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MassRafTer posted:

Egeez also promises the lowest prices so the profit margins will not be better!

It’s pretty funny that he’s using someone else’s IP without their permission to advertise his anti-piracy(?) marketplace-thing

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Let the KIDS!!! buy their bagpacks where they want!

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
Goons are always wrong. Egeez is going to be a very successful business.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

that g ova there posted:

Goons are always wrong. Egeez is going to be a very successful business.

How much are you gonna drop on the inevitable IPO?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
incredible public offerance

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Inedible pizza ohgeez!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
somewhere, a license-holder is wondering how to cleanse this bitch of an earth - and Nathen is there

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
One thing we know for sure is that Nathen has never had an original idea in his life. It makes me VERY worried for whoever inspired Angel Gaby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

praise malk