Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

dogsicle posted:

movies shouldn't even be 2 hours
because the minimum length should be three hours long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
HF2 runtime felt just about right to me. I'm don't mind longer movies, and yeah it would have been nice to get a bit more of the Ilya and Kirei stuff, but I think the pacing for HF2 ended up working out very nicely so I'm fine with what got cut.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The only scene I feel they should have put more attention to was the Illya and Shirou shopping scene.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Lord Koth posted:

Just got back from lost butterfly here too and yeah, it was real good. Only one real big action scene, but the animation for it was very well done.

Theater was packed too (and it wasn't a small one),which, given there were two other theaters fairly close by ALSO playing it(also packed), gave me a bit of an actually visible eye-opener on how big Fate's actually gotten.

There was probably only about 30-40 people where I was, lots of empty seats. Seems partially regional, I guess.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Fate in a nutshell.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i would sacrifice emiya gohan to the godhand in order to get those kotomine scenes in hf 2

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You monster

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I just got back from HF 2 and oh my god I don't think I've ever liked a movie that much, it's like it was made for me.

Everything was just so good. It looked awesome, the acting was awesome, the music was awesome. It made me laugh a few times (Medusa saying Shirou's "way doesn't suit her" :allears:)

The sex scenes were genuinely quite romantic. I liked the romance in general, but I totally crushed hard on both Shirou and Sakura as a teenager. :v:

movie good.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
There is something about the Shadow I've always loved. Its spooky in the VN and Shirous internal monologue when it shows up helps set how weird and off putting it is. I absolutely love its use in the movies. The way sound dies when it shows up, how cool it looks when its teleporting around the city. The design of that thing has always been really cool to me and Ufotable have done a great job transplanting a very weird bad guy to animation.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Just saw HF2 in the theater. Still conflicted about this franchise, but I enjoyed the film and the fight scenes were just top notch, A+, all the superlatives. Good soundtrack too. I appreciated a few shots even had variety between hard and soft shading which gave it that illustration quality. There’s almost never the budget to do that in animation. Overall the best adaption I could expect.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
First third of the film felt rather rushed, and I think the two Ilya scenes are pivotal to the story and could've been handled much better with just a couple extra minutes runtime dedicated to them, but the rest was solid. A lot of it was excellent, even.

The willingness to finally do Shirou monologues - and even slow down time to pull it off - gives me hope for ufotable properly handling Nine Bullet Revolver.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Stairmaster posted:

uh you guys realize its legal for movies to be 2 and a half hours long right

legal, yes, but not generally a great idea

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I just, I just want Sakura to be happy.

:same:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Stairmaster posted:

uh you guys realize its legal for movies to be 2 and a half hours long right

Anime movies don't have that luxury.

Remember, longer runtime means less showings which means less ticket sales which means it might not even be worth it for screeners and that makes it more likely they outright reject it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

only two movies are allowed to be longer than 2 hours: 2001 a space oddysey, and its a mad, mad, mad, mad world

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I just, I just want Sakura to be happy.

This but also Rider.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

only two movies are allowed to be longer than 2 hours: 2001 a space oddysey, and its a mad, mad, mad, mad world

neither of those films are the terminator 2 directors cut

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man that scene in it's a mad mad mad world where they destroy a gas station is really good

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
There should be a disclaimer before HF2 that says :siren: THERE'S ONLY ONE BATTLE SCENE :siren:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Shneak posted:

There should be a disclaimer before HF2 that says :siren: THERE'S ONLY ONE BATTLE SCENE :siren:

The classroom fight doesn’t count?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Shneak posted:

I mean that's all it needed.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

shouldn't archer vs medusa have like atleast ten seconds of flips & kicks or whatever

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Save some for the five!! battle scenes in HF 3.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Ccs posted:

The classroom fight doesn’t count?

Eh, not really. It's just Rider kicking things. Berserker vs Saber Alter literally involves throwing castles and nukes

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Went to watch HF2 a second time since today was its official opening in Korea, and I noticed a buncha stuff that I hadn't previously.

Also, people legit clapped after the movie was over.

In the past 5 years, I've never heard people clapping in a movie theater cause Korean peeps don't really do that jam from my experience, so that was a loving shock to me.

Heck, it's the first time I've ever witnessed an ovation in a theater*.

*Not counting live viewings cause those aren't movies.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Went to watch HF2 a second time since today was its official opening in Korea, and I noticed a buncha stuff that I hadn't previously.

Also, people legit clapped after the movie was over.

In the past 5 years, I've never heard people clapping in a movie theater cause Korean peeps don't really do that jam from my experience, so that was a loving shock to me.

Heck, it's the first time I've ever witnessed an ovation in a theater*.

*Not counting live viewings cause those aren't movies.
Everyone clapped here when shinji got shanked. It was very appropriate.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Slightly off topic but when I think Type Moon osts I think kalafina, Yuki Kaijura and Aimer. Are they all part of the same sub genre of jpop music? Or do I think they sound similar just because they’re all associated with the same franchise?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Can I post about Link? I bought Link. Its fun. Lots of QoL changes but it feels a lot shorter and easier.

I still dont like Tamamo though.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't think I've ever played a musou game before, but I'm thinking of checking it out... because of Tamamo.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Ccs posted:

Slightly off topic but when I think Type Moon osts I think kalafina, Yuki Kaijura and Aimer. Are they all part of the same sub genre of jpop music? Or do I think they sound similar just because they’re all associated with the same franchise?

Kajiura formed Kalafina and was its primary composer until last year, when the group started disintegrating.

She also collaborated with Aimer for the songs they've done for FSN works.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Ccs posted:

when stuff sounds similar it can be a combination of associated composers, production groups, etc.,

this one's easy because kalafina was Kajiura's band and she composed Aimer's stuff for Heaven's Feel.

another good example is if you've listened to stuff by kotoko, kawada mami, mell, etc., especially in the 00s, and thought "these are real similar," it's because they come from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27ve_Sound

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Furnaceface posted:

Can I post about Link? I bought Link. Its fun. Lots of QoL changes but it feels a lot shorter and easier.

Yeah. I love a lot of the new changes, like the, well, link system. Playing different versions of the same mission instead of routes feels more coherent, too.

Although hurry up and give me Astolfo, game.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'm holding off on Link for now since I heard it was much lighter on story and while the gameplay seems to have gotten some good improvements that story downgrade took it from an immediate purchase to "wait for a small sale and play the other poo poo I bought in this hell month in the meantime."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I like the story. It's not as much of a 'full visual novel,' i guess, but there's tons of great banter between the characters. Charlemagne's honestly a great character. I guess I'd compare it to an event in FGO?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm holding off on Link for now since I heard it was much lighter on story and while the gameplay seems to have gotten some good improvements that story downgrade took it from an immediate purchase to "wait for a small sale and play the other poo poo I bought in this hell month in the meantime."

Link has about the same amount of story Extella had, but its more condensed. I actually kind of liked it better this way since I really havnt touched the Fate series outside of Extella/Link/GO so it wasnt as confusing.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Conspiratiorist posted:

Kajiura formed Kalafina and was its primary composer until last year, when the group started disintegrating.

She also collaborated with Aimer for the songs they've done for FSN works.

Oh that makes sense. I guess I’m just a fan if anything Kaijura composes.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I went through OG HF and some of the differences are interesting.

I completely forgot four dudes tried to assault Sakura, and Gil trying to book it when he realized how dangerous she was.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Babylonia anime on October 2019

Camelot Movies scheduled for 2020.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cuntellectual posted:

I went through OG HF and some of the differences are interesting.

I completely forgot four dudes tried to assault Sakura, and Gil trying to book it when he realized how dangerous she was.

I'm fairly sure that The scene with Sakura being harassed by the stuffed animals was a portrayal of that scene from her... less than sane perspective.