Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Gaz-L posted:

I wouldn't bet against it, honestly

yeah I don't think HOOK should lose so soon after debuting either.

TNT Champ HOOK here we loving GO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But lol Cody ain't getting cheered vs HOOK.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I am all for Team Taz turning tweener tbh

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

big fan of Cody winning if it sets up a more prestige win for a guy like Malakai or Andrade to annihilate him, though it seems like they might set up Ethan Page for this if the current Lambert stuff tracks

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I want to see it play out before judging it but Sammy does feel like the right guy for Cody to screw over.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he won clean

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Cody is screwing people over just by being present in the ring with them

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Cody is screwing people over just by being present in the ring with them

Whoops yeah, I didn't mean it like Cody cheated, just that Sammy is a good babyface to do this against because I don't think it will hurt him, gets Cody heat, and gives you something to compare future Sammy title reigns to so that he looks even better in the future.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

If losing a belt unceremoniously doesn't hurt a worker there's something wrong with one or both of them ("something wrong" in this case includes good reasons why a title might be vacated)

I'd be up for a smark-baiting WM30-era Triple H tribute run from Cody if there weren't more exciting workers who are just kind of idling in the midcard: Andrade, Black, Starks. Best I'm hoping for is for Lethal to challenge and the Codyverse becomes a quarantine zone again, but it'd be a shame for the TV title to be relegated to that circumstance

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 23, 2021

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Wonder what they'll do with Sammy in the mean time.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

It’s a Christmas Miracle :allears:

Ready for Phase 2 of the Codyverse in 2022.

Not a clue where Sammy goes from here though. The title reign was pretty lackluster (probably since the ATT feud took a lot of his time) but he could’ve maybe done a few more months as a firey babyface champ. Then again, Sammy is a FAR better flashy arrogant heel so maybe he’ll pivot back?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
yeah, my amateur read on it is that they realized his fiery babyface act wasn't quite clicking yet, at least not as well as his natural arrogant heel self does

I'd be fine either way if sammy goes back to being a jerk or if they try and find a new angle on him as a face, so long as they keep developing him

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think babyface Sammy depends on him wrestling very frequently and staying over with his cool moves, so if they’re not changing his alignment, it’s kind of weird to end his reign in a match with minimal build after a few weeks of inactivity. It felt like his run with the belt was stymied by the ATT stuff, similar to the front half of Darby’s reign when he barely wrestled, and I assumed the Lethal and Nese matches were the start of a more regular series of defenses

Agreed that Sammy as a character works waaaay better as a heel, so if this is to set up an eventual turn I’m all for that

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My assumption is that Sammy is going to get his win back against Cody and regain the title.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

all hail king cody long may he reign

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
sammy's tnt title reign did about as much for the belt as his bte one did

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Can anyone name one bad thing Cody has ever done besides get wrongfully compared to HHH and get a horrible tattoo

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Can anyone name one bad thing Cody has ever done besides get wrongfully compared to HHH and get a horrible tattoo

Getting rid of the bears, bring back the bears Cody.

Also his cigar business was kind of dumb and carny but also very funny.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

His WK match against Juice was terrible.

But besides that, nope, he rules.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Eat My Fuc posted:

expected to get cheers last night just because the cameras were off

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Maybe Sammy just wanted some time off considering the shitshow he’s been going through with dumb fans reactions to his personal life

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the crowd is going to flippin explode when Orange Cassidy comes for vengeance on TNT Champion, Heel Cody Rhodes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Eat My Fuc posted:

He wouldn't pull out a glock if he got carjacked, for one.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

big fan of Cody winning if it sets up a more prestige win for a guy like Malakai or Andrade to annihilate him, though it seems like they might set up Ethan Page for this if the current Lambert stuff tracks

Cody/Lee/Brandi vs Scorpio/Ethan/PVZ at whatever their next PPV is

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

My assumption is that Sammy is going to get his win back against Cody and regain the title.

This was my original assumption but I dunno, the more I thought about it the less sense it made to give Sammy another road block to “make him” when he already got the first win over Miro to take the belt. He doesn’t need the rub of overcoming Cody; he just needs to wrestle

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

xbilkis posted:

This was my original assumption but I dunno, the more I thought about it the less sense it made to give Sammy another road block to “make him” when he already got the first win over Miro to take the belt. He doesn’t need the rub of overcoming Cody; he just needs to wrestle

He needs something that puts him in the spotlight. Tag team run, another TNT run, or just a properly heated feud that could main event a Rampage or open Dynamite believably. I even forgot he was TNT champ for a bit, and that’s a shame.

It won’t hurt him long term but it does seem like bad timing.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Sammy and Darby both had the problem of winning the TNT title and then immediately getting wrapped up in an endless feud with another faction that had nothing to do with the title so it was just kind of in limbo the whole time they had it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

He wouldn't pull out a glock if he got carjacked, for one.

Yet he's smart enough to let Arn drive, who absolutely will spill someone's brains on the concrete. Imagine the next GTA features Arn Anderson, it'd be one mission long.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Can't wait for Saturday night to drop this in the GDT the second the finish happens :allears:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I’m just worried Cody will fight Danielson soon and even i’ll have to turn on Cody and i’ll hate it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Eat My Fuc posted:

The weigh in segment

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

IcePhoenix posted:

The weigh in segment

That led to a good Rhodes to the Top episode so it's a wash IMO

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

That led to a good Rhodes to the Top episode so it's a wash IMO

Yep! Cody worked us all

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m just worried Cody will fight Danielson soon and even i’ll have to turn on Cody and i’ll hate it

Nah Cody can't challenge for the AEW title so he won't be facing Danielson any time soon ;).

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Strawberry Panda posted:

Nah Cody can't challenge for the AEW title so he won't be facing Danielson any time soon ;).
BD could challenge him tho

Says he wants the best in the company and Cody strolls out to a chorus of boos and laughter

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

That promo he cut the week after Ogogo knocked him out was pure, concentrated cringe.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant wait for rhodes to the top season 2

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Have Malakai circle back to Cody, then have Miro circle back to the TNT title, so we can get a war of Heaven vs Hell over the belt.

...that's a great idea. It moves Cody's story forward, and it gives a hoss-off (it also allows for a Miro face turn).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Crapple! posted:

That promo he cut the week after Ogogo knocked him out was pure, concentrated cringe.

So you're saying it was a bad thing when Cody solved racism?!