Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

One day some stupid goon will dotcom his way into early retirement and fund its development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to at least make a dumb flash game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I do decle-ah! I just want to arrest some reefer heads and some browns and blacks and I will not have y'all besmirching the name Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Does Sessions remind you more of Foghorn Leghorn or corrupted Bilbo from the first Lord of the Rings movie?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

Does Sessions remind you more of Foghorn Leghorn or corrupted Bilbo from the first Lord of the Rings movie?

Smeagol before the ring corrupted him

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Which one is he lol? The old one or the fat one?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"Did any of these dudes talk to the Ruskies?"
"Paul Manafort"
"No"
Steve Bannon"
"No"
"Mike Flynn"
"...................................... I do not recall."

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Tom Cotton should die.

Nov 6, 2002

Kill everyone in Congress. Start over.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

No, that would be dumb.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shangri-Law School posted:

Tom Cotton should die.

Let me run down some leaks, faaaaaart

Shut the gently caress up Tom Cotton

Nov 6, 2002

Shangri-Law School posted:

No, that would be dumb.

I believe you mean awesome.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
My fear is nothing is going to come from this, not even non-partisan safeguards being put in place to prevent future russian meddling. What do y'all think?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think the american people will by and large remain loving retarded and easy to manipulate (by design, courtesy of a side effect of capitalism) and the US will continue to spiral downward until its inevitable collapse.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I have no faith that Trump and the Republicans would leave if they were voted out. Imagine the shitshow with North Carolina's governor, but it's the commander-in-chief of the armed forces.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's like four or five bipartisan bills in the senate and house that pile on more sanctions onto Russia. So that's almost definitely gonna happen, and the bill that finally makes it to the president's desk will likely be veto-proof to boot.

But naw, actually protecting our election from meddling? The russians are accused of hacking the DNC's servers and leaking what they found. What could the government do to prevent that? It's already illegal to take campaign donations from foreigners. Hacking of voting machines probably didn't actually happen, but definitely voting machines should have a paper receipt generated at the time of voting that permits a hard recount... but local government gets to pick their voting machines.

And of course, voter suppression techniques are already well established, so any attempt to harden voting processes will inevitably be hijacked by republicans (who control the majority of state governments) to make it even harder for poor people in cities to vote.

Nov 6, 2002

The most effective stuff the Russians did was flood the interwebs with fake articles. You can't prevent that with legislation.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

There's like four or five bipartisan bills in the senate and house that pile on more sanctions onto Russia. So that's almost definitely gonna happen, and the bill that finally makes it to the president's desk will likely be veto-proof to boot.

But naw, actually protecting our election from meddling? The russians are accused of hacking the DNC's servers and leaking what they found. What could the government do to prevent that? It's already illegal to take campaign donations from foreigners. Hacking of voting machines probably didn't actually happen, but definitely voting machines should have a paper receipt generated at the time of voting that permits a hard recount... but local government gets to pick their voting machines.

And of course, voter suppression techniques are already well established, so any attempt to harden voting processes will inevitably be hijacked by republicans (who control the majority of state governments) to make it even harder for poor people in cities to vote.

IDK, recent news is pointing to serious attempts to hack both voting machines and county voting office data. Seems like an only a matter of time situation to me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Russians almost certainly did gently caress with the voting systems of 39 states.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

IDK, recent news is pointing to serious attempts to hack both voting machines and county voting office data. Seems like an only a matter of time situation to me.

I agree. I think we should have federal standards for voting machine security etc., but that would be a major departure from the current status quo, and I don't believe this congress is capable of creating national voting standards that wouldn't be evil and significantly worse than the current situation. The last thing I really want is this congress sending a bill to this president, that he would sign, regarding voting booth technology.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I watched a cool North Korea documentary yesterday

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah, messing with voter rolls, or sabotaging NGP VAN, the voter info program that all Democratic campaigns use, would be a step between fake news and direct vote tampering.

I feel like there should be a provision to redo compromised elections, but of course the Republicans would abuse it to death.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

a neat cape posted:

I watched a cool North Korea documentary yesterday

Name? Always down for more NK docs

Nov 6, 2002

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

The Interview

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

listening to mccain question sessions is reminding me of when my half-deaf grandpa would have conversations with his half-senile friends at the nursing home

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I think it was called Land of Whispers. Amateur film maker who got permission to shoot video. It was nice to hear a point of view that doesn't paint NK as an absolute evil

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Let's form a commando unit and parachute into NK

Nov 6, 2002

I hope you like hard labor.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

listening to mccain question sessions is reminding me of when my half-deaf grandpa would have conversations with his half-senile friends at the nursing home

John McCain retire bitch

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Let's form a commando unit and parachute into NK

Does anybody remember that movie The Rescue where 80s teens go rescue theirs SEAL dads from an NK gulag?

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/josh_levin/stat...telligence.html

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

hahaha i want to believe

If I were rich and bored enough I would create a game studio just for this

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Good news: I got a job offer. Bad news: they completely lowballed me on salary. Like, way less than what I asked for. I'm going to see if I can negotiate it up, but I'll have to walk away if I can't get much better than this. Sucks, that it kind of looked like a fun company to work for.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's bullshit and you should keep looking. Take it from someone that accepted and regretted it every day I worked there.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am watching Tim tebow right now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

I am watching Tim tebow right now

#blessed

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.