Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

You best not be throwing shade at Quantum Leap

Because Quantum Leap was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Nothing Human;

Now, new Bajoran officer we've never seen before, are you sure this is the man you saw murder your grandfather and brother along with hundreds of other Bajorans, leaving permanent psychological scars? You couldn't be mistaken, could you?

Are you certain you weren't mistaken? Absolutely 100% sure?

Let's do an investigation instead of believing your word. Just be absolutely sure.

I did at least like the Arnold Rimmer-esque photo slideshown scene in the cold open, with Chakotay ensuring everyone get the same full thrilling experience he and Harry Kim got instead of an emergency Yellow Alert.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Scudworth posted:

Shoulda used this for the mirror universe eps.

It's kind of amazing.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?vide...ame=aphrocarlin

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

MA-Horus posted:

"Archer's Theme" from the credits is much much better than faith of the heart

I remember as a kid watching "Broken Bow" and being excited for the new theme song...and then that came up. It was very much a :stare: moment.

I got to see an advanced copy a few hours before it premiered on TV and I spent some time trying to warn people that yeah, it wasn't a rumor they actually went ahead with the dopey theme song

Nobody believed me

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What was disappointing for me was starting off with sweet meaty-sounding blasters firing energy bolts... and an episode or two in they go right to Phase Pistols.

A few episodes? Try by the end of the pilot. Apparently they were on board the whole time but nobody bothered to mention them until the last minute? Also after awhile they give up on the "only two settings" thing and just use them like regular phasers lol

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Y'all need some Faith of the Heart.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Y'all need some Faith of the Heart.

I've got it

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
From award-winning feature film Titan A.E.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You'd expect people to be nicer to the transporter chief because he can beam your dick off.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

FabioClone posted:

You'd expect people to be nicer to the transporter chief because he can beam your dick off.

can you use the transporter to... borrow... matter to enhance your own dick? like say riker's packing heat, if i pay off miles do you think he could atomize riker's junk and put it in mine if we teleport at the same time? I bet dick thieves are a major issue in the 24th century.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

They can alter your whole Race in like 20 Minutes, everyone has a perfect junk to sex alien ladies with, for diplomacy. The 24th Century got rid of wars, disease, hunger and penis envy. That's why there are no wars.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I don't believe it. Just because we've 'equalized' the race for big human cock doesn't mean the dick war wouldn't just escalate. Miles probably has some bad dragon poo poo going on underneath. He has a 2nd heart that just pumps blood to his phallus constructed from the stolen dicks of his starfleet enemies.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

basic hitler posted:

I don't believe it. Just because we've 'equalized' the race for big human cock doesn't mean the dick war wouldn't just escalate. Miles probably has some bad dragon poo poo going on underneath. He has a 2nd heart that just pumps blood to his phallus constructed from the stolen dicks of his starfleet enemies.

I'm not saying there isn't any deviation, but I bet you can get a Standard Galactic Penis for free in a post scarcity society at the nearest Doctor.

It would explain how Miles landed Keiko.

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

This is amazing. I am amazed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Volcott posted:

From award-winning feature film Titan A.E.

You're just a cosmic castaway

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

BEST KAI POWER RANKINGS

5) Kai Opaka
4) Kai Bareil (Theoretically, had that Kendra valley massacre gone off a little smoother)
3) Kai Winn
2) Kai Kira (Star Trek Online timeline)
1) Kai Winn the dessert

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What would have been more plausible: a wacky episode where O'Brien becomes Kai, or a wacky episode where Quark becomes Kai?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Quark, as some kind of con on the gullible Bajorans.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

He'd use his Kaiship to finally loot the Bajoran Fund for Orphans with a bulk transfer payment to the Ferengi Fund for Barkeeps.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What would have been more plausible: a wacky episode where O'Brien becomes Kai, or a wacky episode where Quark becomes Kai?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
O'Brien becomes Kai due to some loophole when Kira gives birth to his child.

He just sits in the temple staring at a wall, dreaming about his lover cellmate with a thousand yard stare while Keiko lectures the Bajorans on the prophets being wormhole aliens.

Although Quark preaching about the "Profits" is also a good option

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

shadow puppet of a posted:

What, how? Kira's pretty religious but she's got way too much murder in her heart. She said so herself multiple times.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

BEST KAI POWER RANKINGS

5) Kai Opaka
4) Kai Bareil (Theoretically, had that Kendra valley massacre gone off a little smoother)
3) Kai Winn
1) The hot dog on Kai Winn's hat

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

This works surprisingly well

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Thirty Days;

Tom Paris is demoted to Ensign and sentenced to 30 days in the brig. This could've been a character piece similar to Sevens actually-good episode the previous season where she's stuck looking after the ship while everyone's in stasis... but instead it's just the framing device for a regular episode that could've been ended with him being sent to the brig as punishment :nallears:.

The ocean in space was pretty cool at least.

Nemico posted:

1) The hot dog on Kai Winn's hat

Please don't knock the leader who will guide them to Fuchal.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
He gets sent to the brig for a month for trying to pull off an act of planet wide terrorism.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scudworth posted:

He gets sent to the brig for a month for trying to pull off an act of planet wide terrorism.

To be fair, at least they address the fact he only did it because the Menaens were pretty obviously going to ignore their reports and keep on mining O2 until the whole thing fell apart.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I like that episode. Improbable ocean planet is fun.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I like that episode. Improbable ocean planet is fun.

I did too, I just think the framing device of "reciting a letter in the brig" was dumb, considering it implies he spent 30 days telling the story. Especially when it just skips from Day 10-ish to Day 30.

You also get to finally see the fabled Delaney Sisters :v:.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Delaney sisters don't exist. They're a riff in Joseph Conrad's Secret Sharer .

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Automatic Slim posted:

The Delaney sisters don't exist. They're a riff in Joseph Conrad's Secret Sharer .

No, they are actually in the episode playing Captain Proton with Tom and Harry as the episode's opening.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I always thought Enterprise was good despite Archer being a plank of wood. Kind of realistic in that sense that the captain of a military vessel be dry as oats.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, they are actually in the episode playing Captain Proton with Tom and Harry as the episode's opening.

Imagine how awful their personalities had to have been to drive one into the combative, stubborn, rankled arms of B'Elanna instead.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Imagine how awful their personalities had to have been to drive one into the combative, stubborn, rankled arms of B'Elanna instead.

do we ever see them outside the holodeck? and if so, how do we know it isn't a simulation inside a simulation?

The Delaney sisters don't exist. Nothing exists, everyone in the star trek universe is a brain in a jar.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FabioClone posted:

do we ever see them outside the holodeck? and if so, how do we know it isn't a simulation inside a simulation?

The Delaney sisters don't exist. Nothing exists, everyone in the star trek universe is a brain in a jar.

That shot is in a corridor, and we know it's not a simulation inside a simulation because that's the entirety of Enterprise.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That shot is in a corridor, and we know it's not a simulation inside a simulation because that's the entirety of Enterprise.

Enterprise and Voyager are both Riker's' holodeck sex programs. That's why nothing makes sense and all the women have huge knockers.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Fat Shat Sings posted:

O'Brien becomes Kai due to some loophole when Kira gives birth to his child.

He just sits in the temple staring at a wall, dreaming about his lover cellmate with a thousand yard stare while Keiko lectures the Bajorans on the prophets being wormhole aliens.

Although Quark preaching about the "Profits" is also a good option
Quark could easily spin it into a love of the Profits his entire life, and a mere fact of federation mistranslated text that stopped the Bajoran and Ferengi from ruling the gamma quadrant.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

O'Brien Must Suffer

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The groundwork for the Kai Potato storyline was clearly laid out in the episode where he becomes the spiritual leader of that Bajoran village.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

This show is a masterpiece of serialized storytelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah

god bless this thread