Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

What do you mean?
Along with the stats and the moves and stuff, the entirety of the games dialog has been dumped.

It is of course stupid long, so no one in their right mind would read all of it, but if you search with words you can find some interesting stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I just realized Pyukumuku has no direct attacking moves whatsoever

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I really wish they had rebalanced the stats of older Pokémon to compensate for the insanely slow Pokémon Alola introduces. It makes sense from a logical standpoint for a lot of monsters who get physically larger to slow down. It'd give unevolved Pokémon more of a niche outside of Eviolite.

Speaking of, is Eviolite still in the game?

Also, once again, RIP Gengar.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mabels big day posted:

I just realized Pyukumuku has no direct attacking moves whatsoever

i'm a pacifist jeri. i "pass" a "fist"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Also the new horse has good stats and a good ability, I'm happy

That's a bit lackluster speed, even for something that gets defense boosts for free.

Will Aqua Jet rise to power this gen?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Gengar can still switch in and murder people. Any pokemon with high speed and attack/sp attack stats will always be OU.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also, I was wrong.

Crobat got +10 Attack, +10 HP and Merciless as a HA.

Crobat is uh, pretty good now!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zore posted:

Also, I was wrong.

Wait, where is this confirmed?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kikas posted:

That's a bit lackluster speed, even for something that gets defense boosts for free.

Will Aqua Jet rise to power this gen?

It's hippowdon who gets bulkier (and I believe has better special bulk) instead of setting sand. Which is probably less useful but I think still very usable

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also, important

quote:

Soul Dew was nerfed, It only boosts Dragon and Psychic moves by 20% now.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
can someone post the vgc 2017 rules? all the sites that have them up are blocked at work, thank you in advance

e:

Zore posted:

Also, I was wrong.

lmao

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
So how long before these new dudes are available on smogon?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zore posted:

Also, important

So does this make it a legal item now?

Still doesn't make Mega Latios good since Life Orb still outclasses it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Xander B Coolridge posted:

So how long before these new dudes are available on smogon?

They aren't putting them on Showdown until the games are released. They're gunshy about C&D from Nintendo lawyers.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Crawfish posted:

Along with the stats and the moves and stuff, the entirety of the games dialog has been dumped.

It is of course stupid long, so no one in their right mind would read all of it, but if you search with words you can find some interesting stuff.

Oh I meant what was interesting cause I am too lazy to go through all of it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

It's hippowdon who gets bulkier (and I believe has better special bulk) instead of setting sand. Which is probably less useful but I think still very usable

No slack off though.

Apparently the Sand Castle gets a special recovery move that increases in sandstorm.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So.. you can catch UBs then?

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Zore posted:

They aren't putting them on Showdown until the games are released. They're gunshy about C&D from Nintendo lawyers.

Fair enough. I guess I don't want to spoil myself anyway. The anticipation of waiting for these to come out is pretty great.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

mabels big day posted:

No slack off though.

Apparently the Sand Castle gets a special recovery move that increases in sandstorm.

Oh right recovery, drat

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zore posted:

Also, I was wrong.

:eyepop:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Zygarde lost Dragon Dance and Extremespeed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Oh right recovery, drat

he's basically Donphan with a better ability but less utility moves.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Zore posted:

Also, I was wrong.

Man, combined with it's ridiculous speed and Leech Life buff, Friendship Bat is powerful as gently caress now.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dr. Fetus posted:

So does this make it a legal item now?

Still doesn't make Mega Latios good since Life Orb still outclasses it.

What does Soul Dew have to do with Mega Latios? It could never hold it anyway, so it's irrelevant.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Zore posted:

Also, I was wrong.

Uh, proof? Crobat wasn't on the list of changed old pokes that was posted earlier

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh I meant what was interesting cause I am too lazy to go through all of it.
It's taking a while to get through it, so not a whole lot as of yet.

Seems you can trade shards for bottle caps, and maybe rarely fish them up somehow?

Strange Souvenir is in the game, but seems to be as useless as ever from what i've read.

Saw how the Zygarde Cube works too, it's kind of strange.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Anything good? Tyranitar and gliscor, we're they nerfed? Pls no

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Including Alolan forms, UBs and Legendaries, the average Speed stat for Gen 7 is 67.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

LAY-ZX posted:

Uh, proof? Crobat wasn't on the list of changed old pokes that was posted earlier

NVM, looks like it was a dumb rumor that gained life of its own.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alolan Ninetails is gonna be good no matter what. Good speed, decent special attack, plus Snow Warning and Blizzard means it's good by default. Kommo-o is going to be insanely good too, great typing and bulk plus Dragon Dance. OU for sure.

I was freaking about Galvanize but Alolan Golem gets Magnet Pull too which is interesting, and lets him set up stealth rock and counter Skarmory at the same time.

Bellossom gets Quiver Dance now, and so do all the Wormadams.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

The game gives you the option to go directly from the end of battle into Pokemon-amie (which is called Pokemon Refresh now), to clean them up after battle, which apparently heals status effects and stuff.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Important, DIANCIE GOT POWER GEM.

jesus christ finally a special rock type got that move.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Bellossom gets Quiver Dance now

After five generations it's finally been upgraded from actual trash to a bad Lilligant. Congratulations, you dumb little hula plant.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mantine has extra HP and also has Roost now, so maybe this thing will actually be good :o

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Tyrunt does not get the cool new Psychic Bite type move.

:(

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Oh my god I don't care how garbage he still is, I'm glad my lil pal Magcargo got SOME kind of buff. :3:

Also what the hell did Masquerain do to deserve a fricking FORTY POINT BOOST?? To hell with that thing. :argh:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm glad Guzma and Team Skull clean up their act afterwards

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Dedenne still has 0 special fairy moves.

gently caress you gamefreak

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Gimme the scoop on Breloom. What changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Blaine the Train posted:

Oh my god I don't care how garbage he still is, I'm glad my lil pal Magcargo got SOME kind of buff. :3:

Also what the hell did Masquerain do to deserve a fricking FORTY POINT BOOST?? To hell with that thing. :argh:

Probably he's on the (story) full Bug team that Guzma gets, this would also explain that weird Ariados boost, since we know he has one of those