Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

exquisite tea posted:

Life is Strange isn't a Telltale game.

I never said it was? It's in the same genre, even if it has slightly more gameplay and exploration than current Telltale games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

RBA Starblade posted:

Speaking of which didn't Walking Dead Season 3 come out? Did anybody at all care?

I have been playing it. I'm having a good time with it so far.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Renoistic posted:

Just to make it clear: Tales of Borderlands has around 10 minutes of "puzzle solving" and the rest is QTEs or dialogue options. It's also extremely shallow and I forgot everything about it the minute I finished playing. It's pretty entertaining while it lasts, though.

It also has a better gunfight scene than most of the actual Borderlands games :v:.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-QgJ-EFq7A

With great 90s comic book style comes "great" 90s comic book dialog

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Got plat on Cosmic Star Heroine and thought the game was pretty great. Only had one crash and no boss fight bugs, so I'm assuming they patched those issues. Changing abilities was a little buggy/finicky though. Took about 17 hours to get plat. If you enjoyed Cthulhu Saves the World and/or Breath of Death VII this was more of that same goodness.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I wish Darksiders 2 was a better game. :smith:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
For some reason despite loving the first Darksiders, I was never able to really get into Darksiders 2, have yet to encounter the first dungeon boss. Doesn't feel that different than the first so I am still not sure why I don't ever feel like playing through it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

katkillad2 posted:

Got plat on Cosmic Star Heroine and thought the game was pretty great. Only had one crash and no boss fight bugs, so I'm assuming they patched those issues. Changing abilities was a little buggy/finicky though. Took about 17 hours to get plat. If you enjoyed Cthulhu Saves the World and/or Breath of Death VII this was more of that same goodness.

I got to the sub and sort of lost interest. How much is left and do the story and battles escalate or become more interesting?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Twibbit posted:

For some reason despite loving the first Darksiders, I was never able to really get into Darksiders 2, have yet to encounter the first dungeon boss. Doesn't feel that different than the first so I am still not sure why I don't ever feel like playing through it.

For alot of people it was just all the random loot drops and there wasn't any incentive to explore unlike the first game.

I hope the 3rd one remedies that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It should be illegal to call all CG crap a 'trailer'

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

All video games... are computer generated. :aaa:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Renoistic posted:

I got to the sub and sort of lost interest. How much is left and do the story and battles escalate or become more interesting?

That's probably around the halfway mark or a little less. There are still more party members to get who play pretty differently than the other characters, but no you've probably seen most of what the game has to offer at that point. For better or worse you can trivialize combat if you get a little creative with some of the character abilities and programs.

It was just a really nice change of pace coming off back to back open world games for me.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

katkillad2 posted:

That's probably around the halfway mark or a little less. There are still more party members to get who play pretty differently than the other characters, but no you've probably seen most of what the game has to offer at that point. For better or worse you can trivialize combat if you get a little creative with some of the character abilities and programs.

It was just a really nice change of pace coming off back to back open world games for me.

I thought the second hardest difficulty was too easy, so I think I'll try the hardest and see if the enemies actually have additional attacks as the description suggested. I enjoy the battle system but the game hasn't really given me a reason to do much with it yet.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Darksiders 2 has some neat puzzle design and just really loving awful combat. You can get most of the way into a dungeon and get to a combat encounter where you're just horribly underlevelled and it's not really a skill-based situation. It's just super lame.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That too. Didn't help that weapon had stats. I'm pretty sure the first one had nothing like that but it's been a while so correct me if I'm wrong.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

hey dorks: how's omega quintet?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

Completely not worth your time unless you've played like every single loving JRPG on the PS4. It's a painfully mediocre game that isn't even bad in interesting ways.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shindragon posted:

That too. Didn't help that weapon had stats. I'm pretty sure the first one had nothing like that but it's been a while so correct me if I'm wrong.

It didn't. The first one was straight zelda formula- get halfway through a dungeon, earn a weapon or power that gets you through the next half and some new bit of the overworld. I think the weapons were upgradeable but it was all pre-set.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I think he means prerendered trailer that doesn't show any actual gameplay.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

A completely generic Idea Factory game. Don't play on anything above easy (it has one of the shitiest mechanics I've ever seen in a turn based RPG) and it's amusing enough I suppose, assuming you've played every other good game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

FMV supremacy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shindragon posted:

The first one was just god of war combat. You could get stronger weapons but it was mostly skill based

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Completely not worth your time unless you've played like every single loving JRPG on the PS4. It's a painfully mediocre game that isn't even bad in interesting ways.

Sakurazuka posted:

A completely generic Idea Factory game. Don't play on anything above easy (it has one of the shitiest mechanics I've ever seen in a turn based RPG) and it's amusing enough I suppose, assuming you've played every other good game.

This. Don't spend more than, like, $10 on it.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it's $6, but time is really the concern. thanks for the warnings.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
From the new thread title I guess the thread has reached a new all-time low since I went to bed?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I was surprised at the level of restraint the thread showed this time actually.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

bloodychill posted:

I was surprised at the level of restraint the thread showed this time actually.
Oh, okay. I was worried that words had literally stopped meaning anything anymore here.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nah.

We hit that point a few days ago.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I enjoyed what I played of the Prey demo, the volume of some of the dynamic music notwithstanding. Not sold on the combat.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah I like the atmosphere but the game isn't interesting enough for me right now. It's not a day one buy for me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mick Gordon of DOOM and Wolfenstein did the music 😳😳😳

He's brilliant.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Oh hey Nier Automata for 33% off. Not a bad deal. DQB, FF15, Tales of Berseria, DBZ Xenoverse 2, and a few other anime games on sale too.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 3, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He's brilliant.

The music was cool but holy poo poo it was not mixed well into the demo. Just blasts your ears off at random intervals and smstops out of nowhere.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He's brilliant.

BFG Division is on my running and weights playlist :black101:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I honesty hate that style of music but it worked so well in Doom I've actually blasted in my car a few times.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uncle w Benefits posted:

BFG Division is on my running and weights playlist :black101:

Hahah I did a whole week of running just to the DOOM OST

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

RBA Starblade posted:

Port Royale 3 looks like Sid Meier's Pirates though. I should get a PS3 at some point.

You know, I thought the same thing when I purchased it on Steam for a fiver.

Unfortunately, it's nothing like Pirates.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Darksiders 4 will be with a new company and publisher

Darksiders Avengers where you get to play as your favorite Darksider will be a Vita exclusive

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Rinkles posted:

I enjoyed what I played of the Prey demo, the volume of some of the dynamic music notwithstanding. Not sold on the combat.

The demo really sold me on getting it for PC. Picking up items and poo poo in those kinds of games with a pad is so tiresome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm curious to see if people bite on COD WW2 and how it will be handled. I just don't think the gameplay can really handle a historical game at this point without either making all of the guns suck or keeping them the same and having it feel ridiculously inauthentic. I guess it might work I dunno. I feel like battlefields gameplay has more room to get away with that stuff.

Also, man they are kind of making themselves look bad basically copying BF's strategy months after BF1 came out. From an outsider perspective it kind of seems that they are getting bested by Battlefield and trying to compete.