Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/AndreSegers/status/854133823755309056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Good. Hopefully Splatoon 2 follows suit. It needs that option even more.

It sounds like the Mercedes DLC probably isn't in Deluxe.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

0/10

Wonderboy is super :3: you guys

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

Good. Hopefully Splatoon 2 follows suit. It needs that option even more.

I read that it is but it was in a reddit post so who knows how accurate that is.

Now I might be buying the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope Mario Kart gets DLC for even MORE tracks.

That would be tops.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

I hope Mario Kart gets DLC for even MORE tracks.

That would be tops.

ya

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

All the Rainbow Roads

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Jarogue posted:

All the Rainbow Roads

I want them to play this over the credits or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0

mineral
Apr 10, 2006

ˇquiero dulces!
Switch System 2.2 Update Live now.

quote:

General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience

I hope this fixes wifi connectivity...

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

mineral posted:

Switch System 2.2 Update Live now.

I hope this fixes wifi connectivity...

Great patch notes Nintendo. :thumbsup:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I still haven't found a need to update mine. Don't have money to bother with the store and botw still runs fine.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i just traded in my wii u and got $150 nintendo credit for it

not bad for something that would have just gathered dust forever

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
should i trade in my Nintendo New 3DS XL

is that console dead yet

RFX
Nov 23, 2007
Sometimes when my switch is in the dock, the screen flashes on and off, just to show a battery icon in the top left. I could see it as a charging thing, but sometimes it happens 24 hours after it's been in the dock so I assume it's fully charged (and the battery icon it displays looks full to me). Is there something else going on here that I'm missing?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I almost feel like they are gonna try to keep the 3DS alive

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

eonwe posted:

They totally are for a while, there's still a bunch coming out for it and it's probably going to remain alive until Pokémon makes the jump.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Holy poo poo Renegade Roundup looks fun as heck.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

General Morden posted:

should i trade in my Nintendo New 3DS XL

is that console dead yet

im going to keep mine so i can play ds games

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I can't wait to see nerds rend their clothes and wear sack cloth when Gamefreak announces Gen 8 Pokemon Womb and Pokemon Tomb for New 3ds, and Pikachu's Shocking Rice Cafe for Switch and new 3ds and Android and iOS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

I read that it is but it was in a reddit post so who knows how accurate that is.

It would be weird if they were unlockable. They're probably gone.

Apparently the game runs great and looks fantastic in 1080p.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the next pokemon game is for the Switch, yes?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

eonwe posted:

I expect that we won't see the 3DS stop receiving software until 2018 at the earliest, possibly 2019.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Y'all think there's enough interest for a new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Switch Edition thread?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

ghostwritingduck posted:

I found a Switch today using http://www.istocknow.com/live/. Unfortunately my left joy con has the connectivity issue. I don't want to wait another week to play the thing!

How does this site even work? You click on a tab, see that they have Switches available, click the 'retail' tab, find out the site is inaccurate and there are no switches to be found, repeat until you die of frustration.
Doesn't really matter. Coverage map looks like somebody detonated a switch-annihilating missile around my area.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Y'all think there's enough interest for a new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Switch Edition thread?

There should be. I'd love to play with goons this time.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Why are there no Kirby icons to choose from with the switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

a.lo posted:

Not a major enough character, they only publish like 5 Kirby games a year.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

There should be. I'd love to play with goons this time.

Alright, I'll get some started!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

With over 70 million units sold, of course they will produce games for the 3ds and keep it alive

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

I wish Nintendo didn't consider the Switch to be a console first since then maybe we'd get a Kirby game before the Switch's last year of life.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the 3ds will be kept alive for its obligatory year or two after a new console launch, as is the case with every console that is made obsolete, but i would not expect to see any really major releases on there going forward

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
As long as there's however many millions of 3DS' out there, third parties will keep making GBS threads out some games.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
This new stuff coming out is probably what's been in dev before the Switch took off.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cardboard Box posted:

the 3ds will be kept alive for its obligatory year or two after a new console launch, as is the case with every console that is made obsolete, but i would not expect to see any really major releases on there going forward

They seemed to dump a lot of 3DS games in that last Direct like they were just getting them out of the way. I wouldn't be surprised to see nothing for it at E3 other than maybe a final major release like a third version of Pokémon Sun/Moon along with a few more eShop games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Alright, I'll get some started!

Make sure to include the classics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxDuNFBVj8

http://i.imgur.com/ec2r9Fv.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_43cq3DalZw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Get Mario Karted is controller-through-the-screen levels of bullshit

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Cojawfee posted:

As long as there's however many millions of 3DS' out there, third parties will keep making GBS threads out some games.

If you sold your game to 3.5% of 3ds owners, you would have sold more games than there are Nintendo Switches out there. It's that crazy. I feel like you have to be closer to 15% to 25% for games to stop being developed, and that means close to 15 million or more Switches produced.

At the current rate that probably means good games for the 3ds being made through 2 years from now.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Considering the 3DS is the only handheld and is a shovelware graveyard anyways, I'd hold onto one if I had one.

Hopefully soon the Switch will become the catch-all for every AAA Nintendo title as well as the toilet that lovely game companies flush their doodoo down. Like a combination Gameboy / Wii.

Can't wait for Metroid Prime 4 and Elf Bowling 3.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

If the switch is as much easier to dev for as some indie devs have already claimed, I'd honestly be surprised if they bothered to spend the extra time/effort to dev for the 3ds going forward, especially if the switch consoles keep flying off the shelves like they have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

This is why I don't like playing Mario Kart. It's one thing to be rubber banded or to lose a spot to bullshit. But going from 1st to last is just bad and I'm not interested in a game that does that.

• Locked thread