Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I'm actually out of Saber Monuments for Mordred's fourth ascension since I leveled up a bunch of Saber servants in preparation for Saber Wars, whoops. Also missing a Heart though, so I would have to wait until Saber Wars anyway.

Nate RFB posted:

By the way, with this update Jack and Tamamo are no longer limited and are in the general servant summoning pool. Also I guess Mash can actually be leveled up to 60 and not 50, because the 50->60 jump was due to an update rather than story unlock and they implemented it now rather than later.
That's good, always leaving Mash behind makes me feel a bit bad. If only her skills were easier to level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dang it i gotta hurry to unlock Uncle Vlad's NP strenghtening

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I take it Lancer Alter is story locked just like normal Saber Alter unless it's on a banner? I sure could use a lancer that can actually do damage since I threw quartz at Scathach and she evaded all of it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Marogareh posted:

I take it Lancer Alter is story locked just like normal Saber Alter unless it's on a banner? I sure could use a lancer that can actually do damage since I threw quartz at Scathach and she evaded all of it.
Yep, and if various tier lists are anything to go by she's one of the best 4* in the game so she might be worth some quartz if you don't have Scathach.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Marogareh posted:

She'll be on part 2 of the London banner soon enough.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So after rolling Mordred on JP, I got her on NA as well.

Difference is, I did not want her on JP, I wanted Ereshkigal :(

Also, I just noticed she yells "Take that fiend" in english, is that a line from the legend or something?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Bholder posted:

So after rolling Mordred on JP, I got her on NA as well.

Difference is, I did not want her on JP, I wanted Ereshkigal :(

Also, I just noticed she yells "Take that fiend" in english, is that a line from the legend or something?

Like a voiced line? Sure you're not misinterpreting japanese as english?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Kyte posted:

Like a voiced line? Sure you're not misinterpreting japanese as english?

Maybe, but sounds really close

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
This past week has been good for my f2p. Pulled banner Artoria with my weekly ticket, and just now pulled Fran with the free 30 quartz.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Edit: Ohmygod Medea's Interlude. Do it as soon as you can.

Agreed, it was a great interlude in which-

Absolutely nothing happened... oddly. :ohdear:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Wasted way too much quartz trying to meet Fran. I already have like 4 gold Zerkers, but she's cute, so I felt like spending. No gold servants, got most of the new CEs. Didn't even get Babage. At least I got my first ever Kaleidoscope and a second Formalcraft?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Lancer Artoria Alter + Tesla banner should be in about a week.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
120 ap to unlock each suit?? Jesus.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Yeah it's a tad excessive. It's going to take me two days of not doing London to get them. I went and got the battle suit first because it looks the most broken.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Thats a bit less than half a day's AP regen per Code, not that big a deal.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Or you could just use a couple of those apples we got from the Christmas event.

I've unlocked the Atlas Academy and Mage Association ones so far, right now I'm working my way through London before I unlock the plug suit.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Are the outfit quests supposed to have high item drop rates? I got a lamp, a demon heart and two of those orange crystals just from doing them.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I think I'm at 45 apples following the last event, it's not that much AP. Already unlocked 2 of them with 1 apple vOv

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I used all of my apples for the Christmas event so it's the slow way for me.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Are the outfit quests supposed to have high item drop rates? I got a lamp, a demon heart and two of those orange crystals just from doing them.

I know the Heart drop is guaranteed at least.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Man, I already have enough high level berzerker and saber servants. Do I really want to dump 30 quartz into the London banner? Or should I just keep saving for Bride Nero?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RanKizama posted:

Man, I already have enough high level berzerker and saber servants. Do I really want to dump 30 quartz into the London banner? Or should I just keep saving for Bride Nero?

From a gameplay standpoint, Modred and Fran are way worse than what's currently available.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tae posted:

From a gameplay standpoint, Modred and Fran are way worse than what's currently available.
I mean, I kind of want to roll for Mordred because I like her character. I'm just not sure if I like her enough to throw that much into the banner. I tend to have poo poo luck.

A GODDAMN TYPO
Oct 22, 2008

Are the outfit quests actually worth doing? I like the skill setup we get for default, what's it like for the new ones?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A GODDAMN TYPO posted:

Are the outfit quests actually worth doing? I like the skill setup we get for default, what's it like for the new ones?

Atlas-

Dust of Osiris
Grants invulnerability to target Servant for 1 turn.
Rain of Isis
Cure target Servant's debuffs.
Eye of Medjed
Reduce the cooldown of all of target Servant's skills by two.

Mage-

Heal All
Recover party's HP.
Spiritron Transfer
Charge target Servant's NP gauge by 20%
Command Shuffle
Randomly deal 5 new Command Cards.

Chaldea-

Reinforce All
Increases party's attack for 1 turn.
Gandr
Stuns one enemy for 1 turn.
Order Change
Exchange the party positions of two target Servants.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Was it just my imagination, or did the first stage in-game for the combat suit mystic code show it was archer tendency instead of lancer/saber tendency? Maybe I should make sure I've had some coffee before playing, because I really thought it had shown archer.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

A GODDAMN TYPO posted:

Chaldea Combat Uniform allows you to swap in an ally, which is an amazing boon for your team compositions. Aside from that it has a guaranteed Stun skill and a partywide ATK boost. Of the three new Codes I'd say this is the best one.
Atlas Association Uniform has a focus on survivability, with a Debuff Clear, Invulnerability skill and a skill that cuts Skill Cooldowns on Allies. I believe it's the favoured Mystic Code for those doing solo runs.
Mage's Association has a Party Heal and a 20% NP Boost, making it really useful for farming.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

A GODDAMN TYPO posted:

People have already mentioned the skills, but also the outfit quests seem to have guaranteed drops including a heart, some crystals, and a handful of homonculus babies, so they're worth doing anyways for just the mats.

e: And I just got 4 Chaos Talons from the Atlas Uniform quest, so definitely do that one. :v:

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Dec 19, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mason Dixon posted:

Was it just my imagination, or did the first stage in-game for the combat suit mystic code show it was archer tendency instead of lancer/saber tendency? Maybe I should make sure I've had some coffee before playing, because I really thought it had shown archer.

Lasr round had an archer enemy with slightly more health. Sometimes I think tendency prioritizes "bosses" over the most common class.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Clothing are ALWAYS good, don’t skip them.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bholder posted:

Maybe, but sounds really close

Mordred 100% says "Take that you fiend!" in really bad Engrish on her Extra attack, you're not imagining things.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Why does everyone hate instinct so much?

It's just very mediocre? It'd be one thing if it were a stronger effect, but it honestly doesn't give enough crit stars to make a difference most of the time. About the only way to make it even sort of useful is to combine it with another servant with a powerful star absorption skill, but even then you might as well just take servant with good stargen instead.

A GODDAMN TYPO posted:

I like the default uniform the best myself, but it's always worth doing the quests to pick up the new uniforms. They don't take up any space or anything, the quests aren't usually very hard or long, and you can sometimes find team comps or bosses where a certain niche outfit will use the best.

The Combat Uniform's stun is really powerful, and you can set up some nice tricks with the team composition. It doesn't have any defense other than the stun, though, so if you can't kill the boss, stun it again, or reduce it's gauge, then you'll have to rely on servant skills to evade their NP.

The Atlas outfit is kind of niche, but the skill cooldown is very powerful and can be used to do interesting stuff like buff stacking or spamming really useful skills in the right composition. It kind of depends on what servants you're using and how far you've developed their skills, because a lot of the time taking a skill from a 5 turn CD to 3 turns is better than a 9 to a 7.

I didn't use the mage outfit for the longest time, but it's NP charge is really useful on farming teams. It plus a waver can give a single servant 70% NP. Assuming you aren't a bourgeois with a million limit broken kaleidoscopes, it can be really helpful to get you 3 NPs right from the start to blow through 3 waves in succession. The same tactic can also be used for those boss fights where you don't get any preliminary waves of trash to build NP against. The shuffle is also kind of nice. In addition to giving you a second chance to make that arts or buster chain that you need, if you understand how the card deck works and remember your cards you can potentially use it to get more use out of a servant's 2-3 turn buffs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the chaldea combat suit is the best mystic code in the game and my default. mage's association is pretty good. atlas academy is kinda bad.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Atlas Academy uniform is great for stall teams. 2 turns of skill charge is great for those, invincibility as well

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hearing some reports of people losing their CEs (not Second Archive, your actual main CE repository) after doing some actions such as starting a quest or fusing CEs together. Might be a good idea to re-up your transfer number just to be safe and if it does happen just try to remember/recreate the steps taken to cause it when you report it to their support.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tarezax posted:

Atlas Academy uniform is great for stall teams. 2 turns of skill charge is great for those, invincibility as well

Also for Solo teams (like Cu).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7kur10/bug_in_fgo_na_craft_essences_entire_inventory_not/
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7kvk6g/for_those_of_you_hit_by_the_ce_wipe_bug_a_few/?st=jbe0s5wg&sh=0e775a59

Might be a good idea to just hold off on playing NA FGO at all for a little while until this gets addressed. Take a couple of screenshots of your CE library in case you want to try anyway.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7kur10/bug_in_fgo_na_craft_essences_entire_inventory_not/
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/7kvk6g/for_those_of_you_hit_by_the_ce_wipe_bug_a_few/?st=jbe0s5wg&sh=0e775a59

Might be a good idea to just hold off on playing NA FGO at all for a little while until this gets addressed. Take a couple of screenshots of your CE library in case you want to try anyway.

Oh wow, that's a pretty lovely bug and hopefully means another free 10 roll.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Gonna take screenshots juuuuuuust in case because that sounds god awful. I have four 2030's and would be mighty pissed if they were gone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looking forward to the two apologems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Do cooldowns still stay the same if you use the Switch command, or do they tick down as if they're in the main party?