Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

penus de milo posted:

this one might be a social issue, idk

in germany and the netherlands it's normal to ring your bell while cycling to alert people that you're there so they can act appropriately, but if you try it in the uk people react like you just shouted "HEY FUCKWIT I'M BETTER THAN YOU"

the official books put out by the DMV where i learned to drive say you need to use the horn basically any time. before moving from a stop at a stop sign, before backing out of a space, really any time that you want to indicate that youre about to do something

yet the reality is using your car horn is considered the equivalent of spitting in another drivers face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

just imagine it, though

imagine ringing a bell, a bell that you carry solely for this purpose, to tell people to get out of your way because you need to keep running

now imagine what kind of person would actually do this

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

penus de milo posted:

this one might be a social issue, idk

in germany and the netherlands it's normal to ring your bell while cycling to alert people that you're there so they can act appropriately, but if you try it in the uk people react like you just shouted "HEY FUCKWIT I'M BETTER THAN YOU"

they always think they're so much better, ringing their bells at me, but with that i can ring back, frankly it's genius

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
tbh on bikes it's one thing, you're moving much faster than walkers and slower than cars and you take up a lot of space. it's good that people are aware of you because it's in everyone's best interest to keep you moving and out of their way

as a runner you're just an rear end

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Adult Sword Owner posted:

the official books put out by the DMV where i learned to drive say you need to use the horn basically any time. before moving from a stop at a stop sign, before backing out of a space, really any time that you want to indicate that youre about to do something

yet the reality is using your car horn is considered the equivalent of spitting in another drivers face

in the manuals our MVC put out, you're just supposed to honk when someone else is loving up.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Install Windows posted:

in the manuals our MVC put out, you're just supposed to honk when someone else is loving up.

and in the end nothing they say matters because you can follow the book to the letter yet still violate traffic laws, and if you say 'well the dmv told me to do it' thats actually no a defense at all

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Werthog 95 posted:

just imagine it, though

imagine ringing a bell, a bell that you carry solely for this purpose, to tell people to get out of your way because you need to keep running

now imagine what kind of person would actually do this

i do this but on my bike. if you say "on your left" about half the time people jump to their own left just because they are thinking "left".

runners are the worst though because they can't hear even the bell over their headphones.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Adult Sword Owner posted:

and in the end nothing they say matters because you can follow the book to the letter yet still violate traffic laws, and if you say 'well the dmv told me to do it' thats actually no a defense at all

never illegal to just blast that horn on the open road tho and with few exceptions its rarely illegal on surface roads

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

you had to laugh at the saints row four opening because your brain had to justify your purchasing it at its released price

or maybe you rented it, idk

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
i watched it on youtube cause of this thread and i laughed

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

yeah it's dumb as poo poo and i really wanted to hate it but when the aersomith kicked in i lost it

yeah, same. i was playing it like "ok, this is stupid but it's not self-aware stupid like sr usually is" and then aerosmith kicked in and i loving lost my poo poo

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

BONGHITZ posted:

you had to laugh at the saints row four opening because your brain had to justify your purchasing it at its released price

im not a big bideo shames guy but honestly SR4 is really good

edit: if you didn't laugh at the sexy dance scene with "simply irresistible" blasting in the background kill yourself because you're a humorless abomination of god

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Proteus4994 posted:

yeah, same. i was playing it like "ok, this is stupid but it's not self-aware stupid like sr usually is" and then aerosmith kicked in and i loving lost my poo poo

the part near the end w/the transformers song was p funny too

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

BONGHITZ posted:

got it in the steam sale :smuggo:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
the opening to sr3 is p amazing too

i miss the sr series already :(

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
the saint's row games are okay. some really good highs and some really tedious, awful, unfunny lows

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

the saint's row games are okay. some really good highs and some really tedious, awful, unfunny lows

they get a massive plus for being aaa games that aren't brown

also for fully and totally committing to utter, utter dumbness

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Vicas posted:

tbh on bikes it's one thing, you're moving much faster than walkers and slower than cars and you take up a lot of space. it's good that people are aware of you because it's in everyone's best interest to keep you moving and out of their way

as a runner you're just an rear end

maybe you should slow the hell down on your bike

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

out of my way pedestrians i'm on my velocipede

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
lol if you think i ride a bike, they're for poors anyway

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

out of my way pedestrians i'm on my velocipede

i prefer to perambulate in one of the new autogyros powered by ammonium distillate and i will not have my experience tarnished by these confounded velocipedes which have no business on the thoroughfair altogether!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i prefer to perambulate in one of the new autogyros powered by ammonium distillate and i will not have my experience tarnished by these confounded velocipedes which have no business on the thoroughfair altogether!

-phinneas shaggar, 1912

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

who took this picture? his social worker?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

hubris.height posted:

who took this picture? his social worker?

i'd assume the Fora System's Pleasure Bot Photographer model

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Yodzilla posted:

i don't disagree but the fact that it has ANY really good highs instead of just being a sloggy boring mess from top to bottom puts it in the top 10% of video games

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Proteus4994 posted:

the opening to sr3 is p amazing too

i miss the sr series already :(

that mission with the plane right off the bat, holy poo poo it kinda blew my mind, and i didn't play it until after i'd finished sr4 :swoon:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i like deadlands too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fool_of_sound posted:

i like deadlands too

the adventures of brisco county jr: the game

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the adventures of brisco county jr: the game

that was a good tv show

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

prefect posted:

that was a good tv show

i thought so too, then i tried to go back and watch as an adult.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Proteus4994 posted:

i don't disagree but the fact that it has ANY really good highs instead of just being a sloggy boring mess from top to bottom puts it in the top 10% of video games

agreed

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

sho'nuff is still p funny in it if you're drunk

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

dang. i think it's awesome that they got john astin for it :allears:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

goddamnedtwisto posted:

they get a massive plus for being aaa games that aren't brown

also for fully and totally committing to utter, utter dumbness

pierce and the radio

and now my brain is trying to think of all the stupid great jokes and it won't stop

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

sr4 is pretty great for not giving any shits about balance or pacing and just giving you a bunch of cool poo poo right off the bat

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

The Beeb's shilling another crap flash drive Indiegogogog as the savior of staving Africans...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27346567

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

it is loving olpc without the ol.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jamsta posted:

The Beeb's shilling another crap flash drive Indiegogogog as the savior of staving Africans...

article continues the streak of "if an article has a question mark at the end, the answer is no"

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Jamsta posted:

at least it will hurt less than OLPC falling from helicopter height

seriously sick of clueless nerds who think technology enables prosperous stable societies when really its the other way around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
no you see africa is clearly full of old computers sitting around with plentifiul electricity, but they're all too snobby to use windows xp on them in 2014 so a linux liveusb is needed to use the computers

• Locked thread