Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Polgas posted:

How do I pitch the series to someone completely in the dark? I was telling my friend that I've been playing the new extella game and saying that it's part of a wider series they seemed interested but I don't know where to begin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnVwcUhxt1k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

"A bunch of wizards summon the ghosts of legendary heroes to battle for a wish and we follow one of them."

Fate/Stay Night has a simple, easily explainable concept and all that other stuff doesn't need to be brought up because it's part of the story, not the concept.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I don't have the picture handy, but...

Seven Fourteen A bunch of (usually) wizards summon the ghosts copies of the spirits of historical sometimes mythical, sometimes historical heroes just about anyone to do battle for a wish from the all powerful decently limited holy grail.

What's even the point then?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The problem with emphasizing the HGW is that it sells false expectations, and makes people question what's up with the ginger weirdo.

It's about one guy struggling to realize his identity in the midst of a magical free-for-all with superghosts.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i just finished f/ha and adding onto the lancer talk i like that presumably after all of that his life is now just awkwardly getting bounced around between caren and bazett while he just wants to fish and work part-time jobs

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

The Colonel posted:

i just finished f/ha and adding onto the lancer talk i like that presumably after all of that his life is now just awkwardly getting bounced around between caren and bazett while he just wants to fish and work part-time jobs

Being Lancer is suffering.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Polgas posted:

How do I pitch the series to someone completely in the dark? I was telling my friend that I've been playing the new extella game and saying that it's part of a wider series they seemed interested but I don't know where to begin.

"Wizards are terrible and broken people, behold a vast cornucopia of their awful life decisions"

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Polgas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Eq8TUki44

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Colonel posted:

And taiga too

Blessed existence imo

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Colonel posted:

Watch Emiya Gohan next for good Lancaa!

Unless you already did.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Taiga and Cu are BFFs and I think that's hella rad

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they're loving

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cursed

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

butcher those who recommend abriged series as starting points

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Stairmaster posted:

butcher those who recommend abriged series as starting points

except for DBZ where the Abridged series is actually a legit respectful and well-done re-edit that's just also funny as gently caress

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

except for DBZ where the Abridged series is actually a legit respectful and well-done re-edit that's just also funny as gently caress

Or SAO where the abridged series is an improvement from the original.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dbza sucks

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you're gonna get into a thing watch the thing

even ignoring that abridged poo poo is dumb, why does it ever enter into these sorts of discussions? they're derivative works that are often referential or take creative liberties so they have no value as an actual substitute for the thing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Stairmaster posted:

they're loving

I'm not opposed to this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Aurora posted:

dbza sucks

stfu bitch

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Plutonis posted:

stfu bitch

wake me up when it doesn't have the awful gay and trans jokes in it anymore asswipe

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aurora posted:

wake me up when it doesn't have the awful gay and trans jokes in it anymore asswipe

they dropped that poo poo entirely after Frieza iirc. DBZA is more than a decade old at this point and the people who make it have grown and changed a lot

e: unless you're saying you don't have time for it unless they go back and redo the Saiyan and Namek sagas, which, given it took them like 6 years to make those the first time around I really don't think that's ever gonna happen

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i mean I'm not going to invest time in something i would only watch 1/3 of

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ehhhhh at this point it's more like half? saiyan is 10 eps, namek/frieza is 20, Cell is 30

e: Buu will probably be 40 if the pattern holds, in which case it'll be 70/30 good/bad, which is not a bad ratio

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We don't need this conversation here.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Avenger Goku would have a rank A++ Noble Phantasm for going super Saiyan

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Goku would be a Foreigner.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Would Vegeta be Avenger or would that be Future Trunks

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

They would all be Berserkers. Every last one of them.

Except Krillin. He would be the only non-Servant.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vegeta would be a Lancer

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Fate/Stay Night
A coming of age story where a kid gets thrown into a war and has to deal with his survivor guilt and Goku

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
A story about a young woman who overcomes supernatural danger and most heinous misogyny to teach a dumbass how to be a wizard, and sometimes they kiss.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Fate is just Apex Legends with mythical/historical figures instead of Legends, and with mentally-twisted adults/idealistic teens instead of the players themselves.

Battle royales are still cool, right?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

BB seems to think so given the current EN FGO event

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/ufotable/status/1121075308273123328

Heaven's Feel 2 bluray comes out in Japan on 21st of August.

cergos
Apr 23, 2019

The hush of the night sky is the silence of a graveyard.
Who's most likely to take up the Fate franchise if ufotable ends up dropping it?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

cergos posted:

Who's most likely to take up the Fate franchise if ufotable ends up dropping it?

The other studios who are already making fate stuff, like clover works

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
troyca also emulates part of what people associate between Ufotable and Fate, being co-founded by the Fate/zero director.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
twice pieceman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It'll be weird if ufotable ever stops doing Type-Moon stuff, honestly. I feel like I pretty much associate the studio with that nowadays.