Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

FactsAreUseless posted:

The gas chamber isn't supposed to be readable.

That’s too bad cuz there’s some funny stuff in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, but sadly he’s not the only source of that intellectual sewage.
So what? You don't have to argue with them either. Just go do other poo poo with your time.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

So what? You don't have to argue with them either. Just go do other poo poo with your time.

Just walk away from the screen?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
If I had better things to do with my time I never would have joined the internet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I was conscripted.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Ariong posted:

I wasn’t sure whether to post this in the Schad thread or here. 8-Bit Scholar just caught a ban and a month over an incredible new thread. I’ll link it, but first I’ll go ahead and boil down the OP for you.

Okay, now go skip the real OP and check out this rear end in a top hat getting made fun of for 8 pages.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853900
Wow, what a complete turd.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Ariong posted:

I wasn’t sure whether to post this in the Schad thread or here. 8-Bit Scholar just caught a ban and a month over an incredible new thread. I’ll link it, but first I’ll go ahead and boil down the OP for you.

Okay, now go skip the real OP and check out this rear end in a top hat getting made fun of for 8 pages.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853900
I was doing a full on Gruntilda the Witch cackle reading this yesterday, it's incredible :allears: 8bs was a garbage poster even back in Old SA when he was known as RentCavalier, he can't escape his own lovely opinions by rebranding

e: Actually he jumped ship to a new username after a ban, so look forward to hearing unusually familiar opinions from a "newbie" soon I guess

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The star citizen subforum makes a lot more sense when you consider one thing.

Most of the posters used to be in for hundreds of dollars, and were producing space guild propaganda videos before they had second thoughts and got refunds.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The SC main thread in the subforum is impossible to follow unless you've been in it from the beginning or from wherever the thread about it originally came from. I check in on the thread that chronicles the only interesting poo poo that happens in it up maybe once every 3 months or so but it's really not even worth doing that

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

Most of the posters used to be in for hundreds of dollars, and were producing space guild propaganda videos before they had second thoughts and got refunds.

One of the mods of the forum posted about getting a $550+ refund from the game (he did not clarify whether or not this was a full refund) and also brewed and mailed a six-pack of craft beer to Chris Roberts to thank him for making the game, before his heel turn.

They’re all basically the game’s angry ex-boyfriends.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

syscall girl posted:

Just walk away from the screen?
Play video games.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Turn off you're are screen.

And see the cool and intelligent person that you are.

Turn it back on, and realise that random arseholes on the internet don't deserve your response.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Strategic Tea posted:

I migrated into it from the Ouya clusterfuck and yeah, a good number of the people now revelling in the mess of it all were so deep in Star Citizen they were there in the initial threads trying to run out the one or two posters who even in the kickstarter were saying "hey, this is a loving mess waiting to happen".

Like many of the huge threads in the forum it eventually became so filled with its own jokes and culture (for lack of better term) to be impenetrable for the most part, then it got the influx of offsite posters who don't read any other thread, and then it got split off from whatever subforum it was originally in and the most notable posters given mod powers, with the insularity and density growing at each step. The vast majority of the posts are just pure white noise generated from the lack of a video game to play.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I remember there being a bitcoin thread also and I thought it'd be funny to read but it's just impossible to get a bearing on and people are speaking in this endless jargon and it's a 5 year long 47830 page thread or w/e.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jumping into long threads is easy. Just read the OP, read the middle page, then skip to the next to last page and go from there. Anything even remotely interesting that happened in it will be mentioned at least 3 times with a few days.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Alternatively, just bust in like kramer and post post post. Knowledge, wit and reasoning are not requisites

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I was doing a full on Gruntilda the Witch cackle reading this yesterday, it's incredible :allears: 8bs was a garbage poster even back in Old SA when he was known as RentCavalier, he can't escape his own lovely opinions by rebranding

e: Actually he jumped ship to a new username after a ban, so look forward to hearing unusually familiar opinions from a "newbie" soon I guess

IIRC RentCavalier was banned because he was one of those people that GIP hates who are family of military but kept expecting people to have sympathy and honor for them as though they were in the military themselves. Like they want respect as though they were in the military themselves just because they are related to someone who serves or served.

I remember this solely because he was in the middle of doing some LP i was following (I don't even remember what) and suddenly got banned.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Oh no poo poo, that's the same guy? Lmfao that explains a lot.

It also answers my long-running question of "how have you not been banned yet."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Garrand posted:

I remember this solely because he was in the middle of doing some LP i was following (I don't even remember what) and suddenly got banned.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2, IIRC. Don't ask me how I know that, because I don't know either.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Possibly 1000 probation requests coming from that thread?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

One of the mods of the forum posted about getting a $550+ refund from the game (he did not clarify whether or not this was a full refund) and also brewed and mailed a six-pack of craft beer to Chris Roberts to thank him for making the game, before his heel turn.

They’re all basically the game’s angry ex-boyfriends.

This is true. Also, the other mod of that subforum never brewed Chris Roberts beer, but was in for around $1K because he's an idiot.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Top goon on the list: $11,180

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
RentCavalier, christ, I remember the name but can't remember why. Were they especially prolific?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

i never bought star citizen. But i have gotten my money's worth of entertainment out of it.
to be honest early/mid 2017 were dark times for the star citizen thread as CIG stopped loving up by virtue of not releasing anything. Expect videos about their pipelines.
late 2017 was good again because CIG was forced to release something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCbvu-uF4o&t=5812s

2015-2016 were the golden times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeVuMMf-jyQ

and 2018 is turning out to be epilogue of some sort. With crytek lawsuit and stuff. People have grown used to plagiarized final fantasy ships and space tanks that nothing really is shocking or surprising anymore.
And Bootcha(ex-star citizen investor) started doing serious 17 part documentary on this whole fiasco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPxnBAdbbo

If CIG survives 2018 then it faces the Godus ending basically getting slowly forgotten.
But overall its been fascinating and weird saga.
Explaining the gist of star citizen is impossible, its a storm of century, where incompetence, greed and dreams manifested in single project,but its also so much more.

Dark Off has a new favorite as of 06:23 on Apr 12, 2018

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Bhodi posted:

Alternatively, just bust in like kramer and post post post. Knowledge, wit and reasoning are not requisites

as he finally nails a window and falls out you think you hear him exclaim “I’m a feminist, that’s what’s so CRAZY about this” on the way down

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A friend of mine tried so hard to get me to buy SS and went "don't believe in the internet hate machine" on me because "I'll check it out if it ever releases" is apparently too ridiculous a thing

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

EmmyOk posted:

I remember there being a bitcoin thread also and I thought it'd be funny to read but it's just impossible to get a bearing on and people are speaking in this endless jargon and it's a 5 year long 47830 page thread or w/e.
So its like the Blockchain of forum threads??

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

So its like the Blockchain of forum threads??

>=[

Does anyone have some highlights from that lad who was a an otter who had autsim or whatever it was.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It was Avshalom and every post was fantastic

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah I remember i was her just curious if there are any arvchived threads or w/e that were particularly good

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
They posted in E/N constantly so you could search for enhydra lutris in e/n or just search the name in general

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah I remember i was her just curious if there are any arvchived threads or w/e that were particularly good
I can't find the one that led to BYOB being briefly renamed Beware Your Own Butt but I can find this typical example of an enhydra lutris post:

Enhydra lutris posted:

I do not want to read a Fan Fiction; I do not enjoy the Works of George R. R. Martin and my enjoyment of the Works of his Admirers would be inferior even to my enjoyment of the Primary Canon; I simply want to know the definition of a Hodor Basket; such an Object does not appear in the Series To My Certain Knowledge; further more I want to understand the relevance of a Hodor Basket to Online Dating; i.e. Tinder; as Online Dating is an area in which I am interested and eager to learn Techniques however I am limited by the fact that many Techniques have Obscure Names that defy all Reason; and Good Sense.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
While I understood why Avshalom's perma has to stand, I got so much joy out of the enhydra lutris gimmick that I can't help but be a bit wistful.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wyntyr posted:

While I understood why Avshalom's perma has to stand, I got so much joy out of the enhydra lutris gimmick that I can't help but be a bit wistful.

its ok she shows up all the time

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

its ok she shows up all the time

Oh, I know.I just wish she could gimmick post as an overly literal otter and not rant foaming at the mouth about things that would get our favorite cyborg another visit from law enforcement about his dead gay forums.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

She's back with admin approval so hold on to your buttes!

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

She's back with admin approval so hold on to your buttes!

Which admin?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Goku is the alien from space who came to earth as a baby just before his home planet was destroyed, who grew into a tall buff human looking guy who has superhuman strength and can fly, and protects the world from evil aliens and wizards and poo poo with his team of super friends

Man superman really ripped off the Monkey King pretty badly, huh.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

funmanguy posted:

Which admin?

kinda

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm not going to make any promises but if you manage to avoid threatening the president then we probably won't have any reason to re-ban you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Doesn't seem right, trying to force someone to go against their nature like that.