Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

What is best in life?
To disappoint your fans,
see their meltdowns on Twitter
and hear the lamentations of white suburban women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

LabyaMynora posted:

Sounds like poo poo.

im just surprised one of the spin-offs is even getting a pilot, i thought all of them would quietly disappear

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Jose posted:

I don't watch the show and lol at people getting mad at these spoilers but is grrm really not involved at all now?

He doesn't have veto power. They're working with his notes but not bound by them.

Now people are going to be happy when Book Dany dies before setting foot on Westeros, so he's got that going at least...

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

So in all that mess of an episode (it owned, actually) I don't know why the bit I keep wondering about is that random extra in the red keep or near it who when the dragon flies over burning everything exclaims "oh god!!"

Ok, what? Not gods? Or, in kings landing after the queen nuked the pope and the church and presumably has cut down on religion, has she encouraged some new form of monotheism? Is this a rare red god convert in westeros? What is going on here? (bad writing, bad writing is what is going on here.)

Seriously though I really wanted to get at least some hint about how the social fabric of that city changes from being easily swayed by ultrareligious poverty-pope to whatever it is after the queen just blows that whole thing up and probably bans most religious practice. I'm going to pretend that was better writing than it was and the phrase hints at some developments that, just like everything else subtle and interesting, obviously had to occur off-screen.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

jemand posted:

So in all that mess of an episode (it owned, actually) I don't know why the bit I keep wondering about is that random extra in the red keep or near it who when the dragon flies over burning everything exclaims "oh god!!"

Ok, what? Not gods? Or, in kings landing after the queen nuked the pope and the church and presumably has cut down on religion, has she encouraged some new form of monotheism? Is this a rare red god convert in westeros? What is going on here? (bad writing, bad writing is what is going on here.)

Seriously though I really wanted to get at least some hint about how the social fabric of that city changes from being easily swayed by ultrareligious poverty-pope to whatever it is after the queen just blows that whole thing up and probably bans most religious practice. I'm going to pretend that was better writing than it was and the phrase hints at some developments that, just like everything else subtle and interesting, obviously had to occur off-screen.

Don't worry, they'll adress that next episode, the same way the next MCU movie will explore the consequences of the Snap and the Un-Snap.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Thranguy posted:

He doesn't have veto power. They're working with his notes but not bound by them.

Now people are going to be happy when Book Dany dies before setting foot on Westeros, so he's got that going at least...

Book Dany's greatest flaw is shes young and horny. ~~~Daario~~~

Its an apt adaptation that her descent into madness is stupid and horny.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

A Handed Missus posted:

im just surprised one of the spin-offs is even getting a pilot, i thought all of them would quietly disappear

It probably would last as long as Joey.

(I would be fine with a show starring Tyrion moving across the continent and start an acting career.)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Dunk and Egg would be fine as theyre significantly easier to digest. The same universe but during peace time.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

YaketySass posted:

Don't worry, they'll adress that next episode, the same way the next MCU movie will explore the consequences of the Snap and the Un-Snap.

The trailer for Spiderman Far From Home is actually 100% about this lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Jamie and Cersei died like such chumps lmao

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also why did the mountain's face look like a fat angry baby instead of a mound of putrid rotting flesh

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Lid posted:

Dunk and Egg would be fine as theyre significantly easier to digest. The same universe but during peace time.

And it also has the distinction of not being finished by GRRM. Like poetry.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames
Dany's decisions were explicitly stated in the episode. She believes the commonfolk are complicit with Cersei because they haven't risen up against her. It's the absolutely consistent bit of her character in the show.

Defo didn't come out of nowhere.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

halokiller posted:

And it also has the distinction of not being finished by GRRM. Like poetry.

The only GRRM poetry we need is the Pear-Shaped Man

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Unironically about GRRM the man wrote Sandkings which won all the awards and was adapted into the most terrifying Outer Limits episode. The man can write (metaphorically not physically)

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Also why did the mountain's face look like a fat angry baby instead of a mound of putrid rotting flesh

That actually is what a putrid mound of rotting flesh tends to look like - greasy and bloated.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you can oval office off posted:

Dany's decisions were explicitly stated in the episode. She believes the commonfolk are complicit with Cersei because they haven't risen up against her. It's the absolutely consistent bit of her character in the show.

yeah her internal reasoning is sound. shame that her heel turn was rushed and the writing is loving trash

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

final episode: bran wargs into danys dragon and 9/11s her into the side of a mountain. everyone cheers for the new hero. hodor shows up out of nowhere alive and well. he runs up to bran and yells LT. DAN YOU AINT GOT NO LEGS. everyone laughs and smash mouth starts playing. the end.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
What is the point of showing the White Walkers in the prequel?

Either we know they're nothing. Just zombies. So who cares?

or

They show that they have some kind of culture and understanding of what is going on (which they did? sigils and peace pacts and all) which makes them being just zombies in the original show all the more stupid.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Dunk and Egg would make a great cartoon imo. They’ll probably gently caress it up and make it live action and have the rock be dunk or something dumb like that.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Drunken Baker posted:

or

They show that they have some kind of culture and understanding of what is going on (which they did? sigils and peace pacts and all) which makes them being just zombies in the original show all the more stupid.

The last season of the prequel will be the White Walker version of Idiocracy.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

DoctorGonzo posted:

yeah her internal reasoning is sound. shame that her heel turn was rushed and the writing is loving trash

It's not rushed though, that's the point. This has always been her character.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Goreld posted:

That actually is what a putrid mound of rotting flesh tends to look like - greasy and bloated.

I'm glad that of all the decisions in this show, it was chosen to go with realism for the giant zombie man's angry baby face

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Nah

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I was literally about to ask if anyone had a screencap of Dany looking all haggard and crazy-eyed at the beginning of the ep, so tyvm

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol nope. Dany's character has always been "Trying and failing miserably to protect the commonfolk." She's never been outright malicious until just now.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bradzilla posted:

lol nope. Dany's character has always been "Trying and failing miserably to protect the commonfolk." She's never been outright malicious until just now.

that dude's reasoning is wrong but I'd say the fact that every 3rd sentence that's come out of her mouth since like, the 2nd season, has been a variation on "they will bow to me or die/burn" or "I will take back the seven kingdoms with fire and blood" was pretty low-key malicious

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So I was up watching basketball, and by the time the game ended I figured that I would just watch the last 10 minutes of GoT. I saw the hound kill the mountain, I saw Cersei and Jamie get squished, and I saw them set Arya up to kill Danerys. Was there anything I missed? Not exactly motivated to go back and watch an hour of that poo poo. Did they kill Varys?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

O Dany girl
O Dany girl
The kids, the kids are burning

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Did they kill Varys?

yes they very quickly and hamfistedly got that out of the way

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

a new study bible! posted:

So I was up watching basketball, and by the time the game ended I figured that I would just watch the last 10 minutes of GoT. I saw the hound kill the mountain, I saw Cersei and Jamie get squished, and I saw them set Arya up to kill Danerys. Was there anything I missed? Not exactly motivated to go back and watch an hour of that poo poo. Did they kill Varys?

yeah Varys dies like 30 seconds in, Tyrion snitches and right before Varys gets burned to death Tyrion walks up to him and is like "it was me" and for some reason Varys is totally cool with this

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

that dude's reasoning is wrong but I'd say the fact that every 3rd sentence that's come out of her mouth since like, the 2nd season, has been a variation on "they will bow to me or die/burn" or "I will take back the seven kingdoms with fire and blood" was pretty low-key malicious

I suppose that is true. The difference being that before murdering them, she would give them a chance to speak to her directly instead of burning a whole city because they might agree with Cersei.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

She went nuts, OP.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I totally misread the dang shat in field line. If you go back and read now (foreshadowing) it says dany used a dragon to breathe fire on all of kings landing

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Drunken Baker posted:

or

Did you ever watch Caprica?

Game of Thrones is the new Battlestar Galactica, not LOST.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames

lol totally. Her experience of conquest has been freeing slaves, not mostly-free folk who only care about feeding their children. When they didn't meesa meesa her in westeros she took that as opposition, not apathy.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
In one scene i watched, Jon mentions he loves Dany.
When and how did that happen?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Do I support the Lannister who is blasting me in the rear end or the Targ who is blasting me in the rear end I think to myself as my burning skin sloughs off of my skull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

In one scene i watched, Jon mentions he loves Dany.
When and how did that happen?

They fell in love with about the same degree of chemistry and writing as Anakin and Amidala