Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

do you think martin short watched the baby when he was preparing for his role in clifford

He prepared for the role by taking Ritalin, eating ice cream out of the tub, and watching documentaries with lots of indigenous nudity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A MORBIDLY obese monkey named Godzilla has died after eating himself to death.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Kingo Ligma posted:

HDR is loving garbage, turn that motion smoothing tier poo poo off and retrain everybody in marketing to undertake more important work as scaffolding for coral reefs to grow on.

Amen, brother.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've never owned an hdr capable device but it sounds good in theory. Whiter whites and blacker blacks could make for a more dynamic picture for anything that's not a movie. and motion smoothing is good specifically for sports and video games.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

kalel posted:

and motion smoothing is good specifically for sports and video games.

absolutely not.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
correct, it's good for everything

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J0Dan0WaZk

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

khwarezm posted:

I shouldn't be bitching about some of the wonky looking effects in the trailers?

You shouldn't watch ads at all, but if you do you definitely shouldn't say anything, but if you do it definitely shouldn't be whining about the least important element of all media.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I rescind that statement since I don't actually watch sports, ime every TV playing sports seems to have motion smoothing enabled. but I shouldn't have presumed for the meatheads itt.

however, motion smoothing is the only way I can get bloodborne at 60 fps. therefore by induction it cannot be ontologically pure evil, q.e.d.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

kalel posted:

and motion smoothing is good specifically for sports and video games.

:mods:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

kalel posted:

I rescind that statement since I don't actually watch sports, ime every TV playing sports seems to have motion smoothing enabled. but I shouldn't have presumed for the meatheads itt.

however, motion smoothing is the only way I can get bloodborne at 60 fps. therefore by induction it cannot be ontologically pure evil, q.e.d.

just post through it

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Khanstant posted:

You shouldn't watch ads at all, but if you do you definitely shouldn't say anything, but if you do it definitely shouldn't be whining about the least important element of all media.

No, sorry, if a special effects heavy movie has ropey and awkward looking effects I'm well within my rights to notice, especially if it looks that way in a trailer.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

yeah i'll have 2 quesalupa's and some of that new flesh i hear you got

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Apes movie talk:

It’s amazing that the incredibly seminal review by the Onion Film Standard of like the only the second of now four of the actually what 11th apes film was like 10 years ago now.

I hope that Peter K. Rosenthal is doing okay with his endless erection of making up literary film criticism on the spot about this trash. I hope he is not homeless from all of those paychecks that he has burned while jamming these apes films up his rear end back to back to back.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad watching Prime gives me ads before the movie now, it's nice.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

jeeves posted:

Apes movie talk:

It’s amazing that the incredibly seminal review by the Onion Film Standard of like the only the second of now four of the actually what 11th apes film was like 10 years ago now.

I hope that Peter K. Rosenthal is doing okay with his endless erection of making up literary film criticism on the spot about this trash. I hope he is not homeless from all of those paychecks that he has burned while jamming these apes films up his rear end back to back to back.

the onion just got bought out by people who want to revive ONN so I assume there will be lots of new reviews coming

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm glad watching Prime gives me ads before the movie now, it's nice.

Yeah my first reaction after getting shown an ad for a cellular service that isn’t even available in my area was “welp, back to piracy!”

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

jeeves posted:

Apes movie talk:

Jeez, sorry I asked.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Seeing the Marky mark planet of the apes in theater has given me an aversion to ape movies.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm just not really into apes.

I mean I get it. I get apes. Just have to pass.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

We can’t pretend even the original apes movies were some highbrow cinema. They are what they are and they lean into it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The OG movies had Roddy McDowell at least, yeah after the marky mark one I haven’t watched any of em.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Planet of the vapes

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024

Mr. Meagles posted:

I'm just not really into apes.

I mean I get it. I get apes. Just have to pass.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mordja posted:

Planet of the vapes

This is an actual business that sells, guess what

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

kalel posted:

I've never owned an hdr capable device but it sounds good in theory. Whiter whites and blacker blacks could make for a more dynamic picture for anything that's not a movie. and motion smoothing is good specifically for sports and video games.

Wtf

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Vaporware?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hdr is good and has nothing to do with motion smoothing. it just allows for it to be really bright in one spot and really dark in another spot at the same time

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

Yeah I like hdr mostly, theoretically, although like every visual innovation, dumb bastards crank it to 110% and make it garish. My problem is just subtitles being set to 100% nits peak brightness or whatever and loving up a dark good looking image with the tv equivalent of aftermarket high beams. Just cause it's an accessibility feature doesnt mean it has to be garish and tasteless.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Planets

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

No one's guessed right yet :smugbird:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its very funny how many ape-themed vape shops popped up during the NFT craze. im sure they're all doing great

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
meanwhile the Snape Vape keeps trucking right along

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I still don't understand why my Vapes 4 Snakes business failed

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

1-877-vapes-4-snakes

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Improbable Lobster posted:

No one was ever quite sure if the business was providing vapes for snakes to use, or if you would send in your snakes and the company would send an equivalent value of vapes back to you.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

vapes!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Kingo Ligma posted:

Jeez, sorry I asked.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ty I was getting worried I'd have to answer it myself.

I enjoyed the Bad Asses On the Bayou, it's entirely ridiculous and no one takes it too seriously (especially Trejo and Glover) so it works. I seem to remember the first one taking itself a bit seriously but they discarded any pretense of anything making sense in the third one. I can't remember the second one at all but I know I've seen it.