Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Timo

"Oh, my, yes. Kreiger seems to be one of those blindly loyal types, far as the boy's concerned. I'm sure you know the kind, yes?" Timo walks forward with his hands out, in front of him, eyes wide and smile wide, saying, "Child-emperor, Sigmar-reborn, child-emperor, Sigmar-reborn," over and over, finishing it with a light laugh. "Daft lot of pillock-headed ninnies, ya askin' me. And Kreiger, he's the most powerful of the lot. Yes? Yes."

"But dumb? No. Ain't like a poor soldier boy to leave a monogrammed some-such somewhere. Poor soldier boys spend their money get somethin' with their letters on it, they don't leave it nowhere 'less they's claimin' the place as they own, and this don't seem like no place no one wants ta claim. No? No."

Assuming Doc or Thalandril will tell Timo at least a bit about what's going on. Just a 'we're investigating possible corruption' sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Petra Von Carstein

Petra can't help but fill disdain at the new halfling Timo. Halfings have a bad enough reputation, and here is one elbow deep in poo poo. At least he can lead them to this location where Krieger went, and if he proves to be a liability, make a meal of him.

She's not one bit surprised at the ritual area they find, what with there being rumors of a Nurgle cult and all. The glove looks like it clearly belongs the Krieger, though she is slightly concerned. He had been looking for the glove this morning. The cultists have done a good job at remaining hidden, and this, this seems to convenient, too tidy. Here they find a ritual location clearly dedicated to Nurgle, and Krieger's glove there?

Regardless, she goes about studying the scene, seeing if her limited, and unwanted, knowledge of Necromancy may be of aid to see exactly what kind of ritual this was.

So going to try academic knowledge (necro) at a 43 and/or magical sense at wahtever the gently caress magical sense is.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Geoffray Dwarf-Friend

Refusing to speculate about Krieger's guilt or innocence prior to actually obtaining evidence either way, Geoffray begins a meticulous search of the area. The obvious footprints are obvious, but perhaps there are signs of others coming and going as well, whether on the ground or even in the trees...

Check it out, this Scout doesn't have Follow Trail yet, but what he does have is Perception: 1d100 22 vs. 36. One (additional) degree of success.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Thalandril, Impartial Spectator

The one lesson that he had learned best from his Verenean handlers was to approach every case without judgement. Thalandril scoped around the scene, his face completely placid to the horrors. It was a state of mind which let him ignore the mundane horrors around him and stay focused on the smaller details of the area. The glove was excellent evidence, whether it was damning to Kreiger, or helped them find a possible frame job. Thalandril focused on the muddy footprints and began to take measurements of their lengths and widths. Perhaps he could match them to Kreiger, or use them to help exonerate him. Lastly he searched the brushes and trees around the strange alter, looking for any bits of cloth of blood which may have been left behind.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

Orzad joins with Geoffray, looking for any other clues. The halfling was right, this "clue" was too obvious for it to really be Krieger. Plus, Orzad's met the man. If he's really a worshiper of the dark gods...well, he's a better actor than Orzad is

Perception 34

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Marcus

Marcus keeps his crossbow not aimed exactly at the new halfling, but certainly in his general direction.

"Random beings popping up unexpected have a tendency to make our lives miserable. Who are you?"

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Timo

"Said my name, already, haven't I? Yes? Yes. I'm Timo." He gingerly picks around the site, careful not to step in anything untoward, and looks around for any other clues he might find. Footprints, left behind baubles, master plans. He'll find them all, given enough time. "Notin' as well, I am, that I didn't come ta you. Oh no, no. I was already workin', but you came ta me. Muddlin' about near my boxes, talkin' your plans, makin' decisions." He pauses to look at each member of the group before looking back to Marcus.

"This yer whole crew? Nicely sized. Small enough ta move quiet-like, yes, but large enough ta get it done."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Spreading out, Thalandril, Orzad, and Geoffray begin to carefully search the brush around the circle, trying to find any further signs pointing to who did this, but in spite of their keen eyes and training, they find nothing they wouldn't normally find in a wooded area. The only prints they find are those belonging to whoever did the ritual, as well as their own.

Petra, meanwhile, stands before the scene, trying to make sense of it. While she knew some dark magic of her own, primarily due to her vampiric nature, she wasn't much of an adept in its usage. But she knew a sacrifice when she saw one; she recalls a similar scene some time ago, though the when is muddied, where a maiden had been offered up to one of the vampire lords in a similar fashion. The girl had been tied to a post in the middle of a circle, surrounded in messages of gratitude and placation, and triumphant declaration of the lord's unlimited power.

The scene was a call for favor, to have the guiding hand of some greater power reach down and guide or protect those who made the sacrifice. But beyond the meaning of it, she can glean nothing further; whoever had done this had worn gloves and a helmet, and even her keen senses couldn't pick out anything beyond the horrid stench of decay.

At the very least, one of the inner circle should be informed of this.

Sorry for the delay, been a rough week!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Sven

Investigating scenes of rituals wasn't one of Sven's specialties. In fact, Sven was quite useless when it came to visual investigation. The situation did remind him of a story, and he decided to share the lengthy story with the others. When it was clear no one was paying attention to the story, he weighted in his opinion of the situation.

"It can't have been Krieger. He does not seem like a man to smear his own glove in slime and poo. Yet he is the only one whose been seen going to the woods. I believe he may have also been searching for evidence of the cultists, but we found it first. I believe he is on our side and we should talk with him first."

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
Doc Johann

"Yep. I still say it's a setup. Which means that they expected us, or someone else, to find all this and jump to blame him. Else they wouldn't have left the glove there," Doc says, crossing his arms. "And I bet Krieger has his own suspicions that can probably point us in the right direction."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Petra Von Carstein

Hmm, favors usually were not a good sign. "It appears to me this was a favor, a type of ritual asking a higher power for help and protection, obviously to Nurgle, though I'm not familiar with Chaos magics." She stares at the grisly scene for a few minutes, thinking. "If we think it is a set up, we should go warn Krieger and let him know. I do not know one way or the other; I still think we should steal away with the boy and get him away from everyone in this crusade. to the extent no one else wants to pursue that plan, then let us go warn the man."

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Alina

"I don't think we should take this to Krieger, at least talking to someone else first. Whether he's behind this or being framed for it, being seen associating too closely with him might be a hindrance, whether the task ends up being to implicate him or to clear his name. We should take this to someone else, someone who hasn't shown any previous interest against Krieger. I suggest we go find Helmut or Eisenbach and tell them what we've found."

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Geoffray Dwarf-Friend

"On the contrary," Geoffray responds, "I think Krieger is the perfect one to confront with this evidence. Let us make a big show of it as well, so that the entire camp knows we have found the guilty party. If, as most of us think, this is a ploy, then the true followers of Darkness will believe that we have fallen for their ruse. If they believe they have a free hand to act, they will no doubt become careless, and then we can catch them unawares. Once we have done so, then we reveal that Krieger was part of the plan all along, and bravely allowed his reputation to be sullied in order to protect the boy. Truly all would recognize such a gallant sacrifice and hold him in even higher esteem once the cultists are crushed.

"If, on the other hand, we discover Krieger to actually be guilty, then through our swift and decisive action we will have succeeded in protecting the boy from the threat that had wormed its way close to him. Either way, the means to ending the threat lie through Krieger."

TychoBrahesNose fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 6, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Since this is a pretty important decision I don't want to exactly railroad you into going to Kriger or going to someone else, but I also don't want to wait too long since I have let this game sort of stagnate and we got other people wanting in. :v:

So I'm gonna let you guys discuss it and give you until Friday evening to come to a decision. I'll go with majority if there isn't one, and right now that's looking like 'go to Krieger.'

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Marcus of Middenheim

"Assuming, of course, that the mob doesn't immediately tear Krieger to pieces based on our accusations." Marcus muses as he searched the area. "I'm also not entirely convinced of his innocence. Remember Helmut's comment regarding the boils on Krieger's men; others of this cult are also display boils that they can bite down upon and kill."

Perception 34, +20% with Super Numerate since I'm trying to get a sense of how many people were here.

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Thalandril

The elf scowled down at the filthy glove and rubbed the back of his neck. "This is a difficult situation. I don't believe we have enough information in either direction to truly determine whether Krieger is an innocent of guilty party, but with the loyalties in the camp how they are I'm not sure who we could take this information to and keep it in confidence." Then, Geoffray's suggestion gave him an idea. "Wait a moment...What about the boy? Karl has tremendous sway over the people and Krieger is, as far as we know, totally devoted to him. What if we brought the information to Karl and let him demand an explanation of Krieger? The dwarves already have a rapport with him. They could deliver the news in secret, leaving out involvement secret and still bringing Krieger under scrutiny."

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Timo

"Oh yeah, yeah. That's a right good idea. Ya get the honorable savior of all mankind, a nine year old lad barely taller than I, alone in a room an' discuss the treasons of his personal guard an' various other high-rankers who may have converted their worship of the lad to the worship of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Wiped. 'Cause that'll happen." He shakes his head, and offers, "I say ya all talk to Krieger, see if ya can get him alone ta do it. If he panics or it turns out its him, slice him up right proper. If he's also investigatin' it, now ya've got a high-ranker of yer own. Mean-wise, ya get yer sneaky-types ta search the bits and bobs of the others what ye might suspect, fancy tents an' all, and then bring yer evidence to Karl (savior of all mankind, don'cha know) in front of his whole crew. Let the dogs tear the dogs apart, an' ye'll be none the worse for it."

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

"Sigmar reborn or not, Karl is still a little boy. He doesn't have the judgement to deal with this. And Kreiger is a mentor and paternal figure to him. Karl would not react well to these allegations, I think. As for going to Kreiger, do you think cultists aren't trained in deception? What do you think will happen? We'll say, 'So, Kreiger, just out of curiosity, are you a worshiper of the plague god? Because we found your glove in a shitpile where a ritual happened.', and he'll answer, 'Why, you know, I happen to a be a member of that particular faith. Thank you for finding my glove for me.' We have evidence, but not conclusive proof yet."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
After much deliberation, the group decides its best to deliver the evidence to Karl and Helmut; even though someone must be setting Krieger up, Helmut is the most likely to be impartial and take matters into consideration. Tucking the glove into a waxed satchel, they make their way back to the crusader's camp, where people are now fully awake and going in full swing. Many guards mingle about, and a few greet the returning heroes from the forest.

Making their way to the inner circle, the group makes their way to Helmut's tent, where Karl is currently studying deeply into one of the many tomes of Sigmar that the old priest keeps handy. When he understands what the visit is about, he quietly sends Karl off to play, which the boy takes to quite happily. Once Karl has left the tent, Helmut takes the bag and peers into it, a grimace appearing on his face. He listens to the reports of what was found out in the circle and sits down, heavily, in one of the available chairs. He ties the sack off and sets it down, before running a hand through what's left of his hair. "It is difficult to believe that.. that Krieger could be behind any of this. But the evidence against him would warrant some investigation. This is most troubling news, indeed; he has always been so close to the boy.." Helmut trails off, looking back down at the ground. After a moment he takes a deep breath and stands, turning to his desk and drawing out a satchel of coins. "I thank you for your diligence. Your probation within the Crusade is hereby lifted, as you have shown your unwavering dedication to it and Sigmar Reborn. Here, a gold coin apiece; it isn't much, but we are not a rich Crusade."

Helmut leaves, taking some of his guard with him, and he gathers Eisenbach and Jan, along with several of their guard, before heading to Krieger's tent. Following behind, Krieger stand stoically before Helmut as he recounts all that has been brought forth; he denies all charges, but when shown the glove, cannot deny it is his, actually producing the twin to it to show so. Jan is furious, shrieking about how close the man had been to Karl and the danger he and his chaos addled minions bring to the Crusade; Eisenbach calms the man, reminding him that the rest of the crusade still exists out beyond the walls of the inner camp. Helmut regretfully asks that Krieger and his men, who are guilty by association, submit to being imprisoned until the matter can be investigated further. Krieger nods, stating that his innocence will be proven, and he has no qualms with being locked up.

Krieger and his closest men are rounded up and secured in a single tent, which is surrounded by a mix of Eisenbach's knights and Jan's mercenaries. Helmut, having only a handful of Hammer Bearers, cannot spare but one, who he places at the tent's entrance.

Morning soon gives way to afternoon, and the group is sent from the inner circle to go out into the rest of the camp and keep watch. Ahmed approaches Thalandril, offering him a very handsome sword for sale, with a rock bottom price that the elf knows cannot be beat. However, before he can make the sale, a knight who had been shoving through the crowd spots Ahmed and yells at him to return his sword. The Strigany drops the blade in a panic and sprints off, holding his hat to his head; the knight snatches the blade from the ground and returns it to his sheath, screaming anti-Strigany slurs at the fleeing merchant.

Night Two will be coming up shortly; this is a time to react to what happened to Krieger and all that, then after this night we get our other three guys in. Sorry it took so long!

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 11, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I feel really bad about letting Jan's people watch the tent. Can we come up with some way to avoid that? Or at least keep an eye on them, maybe offer/insist on having some of us watching the tent too?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
If you had some evidence as to why they shouldn't, of course. But the inner circle currently have their most trusted men guarding Krieger and that's good enough for them; no need to waste any adventurer's time.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Timo

"Nice thief ya got," Timo complements to Thalandril. "Obvious, though. Strigany should lighten the skin a bit, lose the accent, dress more Reik. Otherwise, he's gonna catch too much attention." He nods sagely -- clearly this is fantastic advice -- and once the group is alone he says, "Didn't go quite as planned, but now we've got options. If the filthiness keeps afloat, we know it weren't Kreiger, since Kreiger's in the pit. That alone should be enough ta get him out, needs be." He nods, tapping his brow thoughtfully, and then says, "I've got me own crew I could bring in, ya know. Regal Breton-type, a bit too bearded an' noble fer his own good. Oh, an' one of them orange dwarves always lookin' ta kill a dragon or an army armed only with his own balls an' teeth. Natural drinker, ain't much to look at, but I'd never wanna be within earshot of a man sayin' such, for fear of catchin' a nice splatter across me own face, if yer understandin' my meanin'. An' a fancy, schmancy knife-ear with a glorious hatred for meself. Useful type, though. S'a fine gatherin' now, but if yer tryin' ta root out the lord of the roots left behind, might be ya could use yerselves a bit of help. An' I'm still thinkin' checkin' out the tents and supplies of yer other high rankin' subjects might be worth it. Or see 'em at a bath, maybe. Them N'uglies are covered with spots enough, so maybe so too would they be."

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Thalandril, Master of Thieves

The elf sighed and watched the irate knight stomp away with his sword. "He's not supposed to be my cut-purse. He's supposed to be an informant. I told him I would pay him if he came to me with anything worth while. I may have chosen a poor agent." He speculates about their steps now and thoughtlessly sweeps his hand back over his shortened blond hair. "Even if Krieger was in charge, the followers of Chaos are nothing if not ambitious. He will be swiftly replaced. We need to find the body of the hydra, or it will just keep growing heads. But perhaps..." Timo made a crack about seeing the members of the inner circle bathing and had yet another bright idea. "That might just be it! Before the camp makes its next move perhaps we can organize a blessing. Have Karl and the inner circle say some pretty words and anoint the followers. Nothing elaborate. They could just dab water on their heads, or bless their feet for the road. They could just use censers and splash water out into the crowd. Then we just follow anybody who is repelled by the water or those who don't line up to be blessed and hope they lead up back to their little hive of evil."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Marcus

"I like it. If anything giving some of these folks a bath might not be the worst idea. Perhaps we can have it be blessed ahead of time by another priest to give it a little extra oomph."

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Geoffray Dwarf-Friend

Approaching the guards, Geoffray makes to enter the tent where Krieger and his men are being held.

Anybody else who wants to is welcome to join me. My goal is to question Krieger a bit on who he thinks the real bad guy is, who might have had access to his personal belongings, etc. If the guards try to stop me, I plan to talk my way in…we were the ones who apprehended Krieger after all, so that should give us a bit of leeway.

My personal take on this clusterfuck is that Waci is right: based on his reaction, Jan is obviously the dirty dirty Nurglite, though Geoffray certainly doesn't know that yet.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Approaching the guards, Geoffray reaches the expected resistance, but his attempts to talk his way through are mostly ignored by Eisenbach's knights. "You only JUST came from under probation, sir; only the inner circle may enter, and only together. Helmut's orders, and as such, Eisenbach's orders." One of the mercenaries hired by the merchant, Jan, snickers at this, but shuts up when one of the knights elbows him and gives him a nasty look.

When explained that he was one of the ones to catch Krieger, the guard laughs. "So? Go get a medal from the blacksmith. Until the circle's investigation is done, no one gets in, because we don't know who to trust or what to expect." The knight adjusts his helmet and motions for Geoffray to move on. No level of protest seems to sway them; the only way in is through the inner circle, and with the level of guard around Krieger, it's highly unlikely they'll trust ANYONE near him.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Timo

"Them's bungholes," Timo says, nodding once at the end of his statement as if he's just discovered a sure fact. "What now?" he asks to the group when Geoffray returns. "Can't get in the tent to see Krieger. We just gonna wait out here and twiddle our diddles?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The day passes without further event; Geoffray keeps his eyes on the tent, while Alina keeps her attention open to the magical world to keep her own watch on the tent. Despite a few curious passer bys, mostly other guards and knights who are curious about the vanguard. Rumors circulate out in the rest of the camp about Krieger's capture, but very few people know who was involved in the bust or even exactly what went down. Some tales speak of Karl himself sensing the wickedness in Kreiger's heart and purging it with a single swing of his hammer, and others tell of the captain's horrible transformation into a monstrous being of pure disease that found it could not approach the camp due to the pure light of Sigmar Reborn.

Thalandril finds himself being offered more information by the Strigany, but finds only variations of the tales he's heard around the camp, but amusingly finds one that hits close to home; Ahmed believes that some mercenaries may have found some sort of evidence against Krieger, and that it's what put the sorcerous man under guard. The man crosses himself with Sigmar's hammer and speaks a prayer in his native tongue, before looking up at Thalandril with concern. "I fear terrible things, my elfin friend; if he is truly to be blamed, then a simple tent and a handful of guards will not hold him if he thinks there is any chance he will fail, or he will be truly outed. Please, be careful." He presses a small, tin hammer pendant into the elf's palm and walks off, looking more nervous than ever before.

Night falls in the camp, and Helmut prepares several tents near his own for his personal heroes. Jan, too, is thankful, and makes sure that his gold goes its furthest with the vendors within the camp to ensure the finest wines and meats for those that have ensured Karl's safety. There is music and revelry, and a chance for Orzad and Sven to try their routines out on a very willing audience. Helmut, oddly, finds their routine absolutely endearing and amusing, laughing and clapping along; he confides with the dwarves that, as a former Sigmarite high priest, he spent much of his life with the dwarves and learned to appreciate their humor. Eisenbach and Jan do not see the humor, though Jan laughs at small bits of slapstick and the dirtier jokes that he can translate. Karl sits with the others, asking questions about the jokes and stories, but on some is merely patted on the head by Helmut, who gives a stern look to anyone who would actually explain them to the boy.

With the moon high above the camp and the long dinner finally coming to an end, Helmut quietly carries the now sleeping Karl back to his tent, holding him gingerly and with reverence; the old man seems more like the boy's grandfather than the stern bodyguard he usually puts off. Eisenbach has long since returned to his tent to sleep, and Jan stumbles off drunkenly into the night, holding his head in agony. He stops to empty his stomach not-so-quietly, and his men help him stay on his feet and keep his enormous, floppy hat out of his face.

Suddenly, the quiet is ruined by a horrific scream coming from across the circle, ending in a faint gurgle. More cries go up and there is the sound of weaponry clashing; moving quickly, the group rounds the corner to find Kriger's tent torn to shreds, with Krieger himself standing over guard with his throat gashed out, wielding a stolen halberd. His face is set in rage and agony, and he and his men descend upon the guards with a fervor, their skin covered in boils and buboes which erupt in noxious slimes that burn the skin of those it comes in contact with. Helmut comes sprinting from his tent, partly disrobed from his armor but his hammer in his hands, and comes to a skidding halt as he stares aghast at Krieger.

Krieger cries out as he runs a guard through his halberd, tears streaming down his face. "A rat! A bloody rat! Who would do this to me?!" He looks over to Helmut, his face pained, and the old man tenses, raising his hammer, expecting a charge from the guard captain. Krieger hunches over and cries out as his skin splits, his muscles swelling and becoming visible through his flesh as dark energies mutate him; Alina and Petra both feel the horrid energy emanating from the man and his guards, as black as pitch, but feel no other source for it. Krieger's men mutate as well, their screams becoming inhuman as their bodies twist in unnatural ways. They lash out at the guards who overcome their fear to attack, striking them to the ground with crab clawed arms and unnatural strength. Kreiger turns his gaze upon Geoffray and the others, his teeth bared.

Jan, finally rounding the corner, stops again to puke in thanks to the sight before him, and he points to Krieger, crying out weakly. "You see! Proof that they are cultists! The curse of their god has come upon them! They.. oh Ranald.." He vomits once more, before staggering to his feet and motioning his men away from him. "Stop the mutants, you idiots, I am fine! It's only vomit!" Jan's mercenaries hesitate a moment, before the merchant sighs. "I'll triple the pay of any man to survive, and give the man who kills Krieger the pay of his fallen fellows! Go!" This seems to revitalize the men, and seven men charge forward against the eleven, including Krieger. The odds do not seem to be in their favor.

You guys count as having surprise initiative, Krieger and his men have mutated and killed their captors and are now armed and a little more powerful than before.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

"By Grimnir and Valaya!", Orzad cries out in shock. He hardly thought that Krieger could be guilty of such sins as he had been accused of, but now, there seemed to be no doubt. Crying out, he lifts his axe and charges at Krieger, by all appearances, the most dangerous of the group.

Charging Krieger (WS 52 +10): 1d100 60
Hits his head.
Damage: 1d10+4 6
6 damage

pre:
Primary   : | WS | BS | S  | T  | AG | INT | WP | FEL |
Current   : | 52 | 41 | 40 | 42 | 37 |  34 | 36 |  34 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB | M  | MAG | IP | FP  |
Current   : | 1  | 14 |  4 |  3 |  3 |   0 |  0 |  2  |

Weapon: Axe (1d10+4), Silver Dagger (1d10+1), Crossbow (1d10+4)
Armor:  Full Mail (3 All)
Traits:  Night Vision, Stout Hearted, Magic Resistant

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 23, 2014

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Geoffray Dwarf-Friend

Well then, Geoffray thinks to himself even as he nocks arrow to bow, no matter who was behind this initially, Krieger and his men need to be put down. Before firing, Geoffray runs to the side to get a clearer view of his target.

Since I don't have Rapid Reload yet, I'm taking a Half Action to load my bow and a Half Action to Move so that I can participate in the fighting but still see Jan.
What, you thought my target was
Krieger? He might be where I'm aiming my arrows at the moment, but Geoffray is now even more convinced he's not the one we're really after.

I'll just leave this here in case it becomes relevant to discovering what Jan (or others around the combat) are up to:
Perception: 1d100 59. Dammit. 2 DoF. Unless Jan is particularly unsubtle, I will probably miss whatever it is he's doing, since I'm actually trying to fight as well. Unless...
Perception (Reroll with FP): 1d100 82. Welp, so much for that idea.

pre:
Geoffray Dwarf-Friend
ex-Vagabond, Scout
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	WP	Fel
36	52	36	36	47	36	32	39	Current

A	W	SB	TB	M	Ma	IP	FP
1	15	3	3	5	0	0	1/2	Current

Relevant Talents:
Very Strong (+5% S)
Very Resilient (+5% T)
Fleet Footed (+1 M)
Marksman (+5% BS)

Relevant Skills:
Perception
Dodge Blow

Relevant Trappings:
Medium Armour (Mail Shirt and Leather Jack), Shield
Bow and 10 Arrows
Hand Weapon

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Marcus of Middenheim

Marcus swears a mild oath as the powers of Chaos overwhelm the men in front of him. Biting down the onset of horror, he takes aim at the nearest threat and looses a bolt.

Aiming and firing at the nearest guard. BS 62+20.
"Aim and Shoot!": 1d100 51
Damage 1d10+4 to the head.
1d10+2 to the Head: 1d10+2 12

pre:
Marcus of Middenheim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Current   : | 36 | 62 | 36 | 30 | 42 |  34 | 40 |  27 |

Current   : | 2  | 15 |  3 |  3 | 4  |  0  |  1 |  3  |

Armour: 3 All
Dodge Blow: 42

Combat Talents 
Rover (+10% Concealment and Silent Move in rural locations)
Sharpshooter (+20% Ballistic Skill bonus when aiming)

Melee Weapon  	|   Group    | Damage | Qualities
Dagger		|  Ordinary  | 1d10   | 
Sword           |  Ordinary  | 1d10+3 | 

Ranged Weapon  	|   Group    | Damage | Range | Reload | Qualities
Bola		| Entangling | 1d10+1 |  8/16 |  Half  | Snare
Repeating Xbow  |  Crossbow  | 1d10+2 | 16/32 |  Free  | Reload: 4 Full after 10 Shots
Crossbow	|  Ordinary  | 1d10+4 | 30/60 |  Full  | 
Net		| Entangling |    -   |  4/8  |  Full  | Snare
Whip            | Entangling | 1d10-1 |  6/-  |  Half  | Fast, Snare
Pistol          | Gunpowder  | 1d10+4 |  8/16 | 2 Full | Impact, Unreliable

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Petra Von Carstein

As the Chaos creatures burst out of the tent, Petra can give only a sigh. They wouldn't have to deal with any of this if they would have listened to her, kidnapped the boy, and took him away from here. The longer the boy is in the open the longer that Chaos, or worse, are going to try and get at him.

Drawing her sling, she begins to pelt rocks at them from a distance, not wanting to have to "go all vampire" like she did the other night, and there is no way she would ever get close enough to those things; even Nurgle's Blessings can burn a Vampire.

Going to go slinging rocks with the sling, BS of 45.

pre:
--------------------
Starting  : | 34 | 40 | 33 | 36 | 55 |  38 | 45 |  55 |
Advance   : | 10 | 10 | 20 | 15 | 20 |  10 | 10 |  10 |
Taken     : | 05 | 05 |    | 05 | 10 |  05 | 05 |  05 |
Current   : | 39 | 45 | 33 | 41 | 65 |  43 | 50 |  60 |

Starting  : | 2  | 18 |  2 |  2 |  4 |   2 |  0 |  2  |
Advance   : | -  | 04 | -- | -- | -- |  -- | -- |  -- |
Taken     : | -  | 02 | -- | -- | -- |  -- | -- |  -- |
Current   : | 2  | 20 |  2 |  2 |  4 |   2 |  0 |  0  |

Traits:
Blood Gift (Blood Drain, Natural Necromancer, Vampires' Curse, Pass as Normal, Defy the Dawn)
Undead

Talents:
Night Vision: Can see up to 30 yards in natural darkness
Orientation: +10 to navigation tests
Etiquette: +10 to Charm and Gossip when dealing with nobility and other situations
Resistance to Chaos: +10 to WP to resist magic and chaos effect, immune to mutation
Specialist Weapon Group (sling, parrying, fencing):
Seasoned Traveler: +10 on common knowledge and speak language skills
Warrior born: +5 to WS (factor into starting WS
Keen Senses: +20 to all perception tests
Natural Weapons (Claws, Fangs)
Frightening: Cause fear
Disarm: opposed agility test to disarm opponent
Public Speaking: affect 10 times the normal number with charm
Master Orator: Affect 100 times the normal number of people with charm
Schemer: +10 to intrigue related charm tests and on WP to resist.

Magic talents:
Petty Magic (Arcane)
Dark Lore (Necromancy)
	-Dark Magic
Arcane Lore (Death)

Spell List:

Arcane Lore (death) spells
-Acceptance of Fate: TN 14, 1.5 actions, coffin nail +2, 6 rounds all allies gain Fearless
-Animus Imprisoned: TN 29, 2 actions, ribcage of dead jailor +3, seal target soul in a jar
-Death's Messenger: TN 6, half action, sharp knife +1, gain +10 on initmidate tests for 6 rounds
-Death's Door: TN 20, 1 action, embalming fluid +2, lasts 6 rounds x MAG, any ally slain gets one final half action before succumbing to death
-Deathsight: TN 5, 1 action, grave dirt +1, you can see souls and ghosts and poo poo spooky oooo
-Knocks of the Departed: TN 18, 1 action, scrap of cloth from deceased +2, seance with dead guy
-Limbwither: TN 11, 1 action, cold iron nail +2, deaden an enemy's limb for 6 x Mag rounds
-Reaping Scythe: TN 8, half action, mini iron scythe +1, create magic weapon with 1d10+5 and Fast, gain +10 to WS while wielding, 
lasts rounds equal to mag
-Steal Life: TN 16, half action, vial of blood +2, cause 1d10 wounds ignoring TB/AB unless they pass WP test, heal as many wounds as inflicted
-Youth's Bane: TN 23, 1 action, ivy from a priest's grave +3, age a dude if they fail WP test, they permanently lose 1d10 Str and T

Plus Dark lore and petty magic from core book.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Father Felix

"EVIL IN THE CAMP! PROTECT SIGMAR REBORN! FOR THE CHILD!"

For the past two days, Felix had taken to acting as Karls full time bodyguard and tutor, feeling unsure if he could assist in the investigation. Even with the capture of the supposed cultists, he felt that his holy duty lay in protecting and educating his charge. So when the sudden pulse of dark magic became a beacon that blazed not twenty yards from where he stood, he found his legs racing towards the source of the foul darkness, hammer at the ready.

I'm back bitches. Amazing what a difference antidepressants make. Felix is running towards the combat and will probably charge somebody next turn.

pre:
Current   : | 46 | 45 | 34 | 37 | 34 | 41  | 39 | 49  |

Current   : | 1  | 14 | 3  | 3  | 4  | 0   | 0  | 3   |

Fortune Points: 3/3
Wounds: 14/14
Armor: Arms 3, Legs 3, Body 5, Head 0

Melee Weapon  	|   Group    | Damage    | Qualities
Hand Weapon     |  Ordinary  | 1d10 +SB  | Best Quality (+5 WS), Pummeling

Perception at 41
Sense Magic at 39

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
As Krieger stalks towards Helmut, his face twisted in pain and frustration, Marcus and Geoffray raise their bows. The ranger fires on the move, his bow twanging as his arrow hurtles through the air and buries itself in the side of Kreiger's neck, eliciting a roar of fury from the now monstrous guard captain. He turns his torso towards the offender, and as he does, Marcus lets his own bolt fly, burying it in the man's chest beneath his chin. Krieger continues his tantrum, but pauses once a rock pelts him in the temple and bounces off harmlessly; he turns his attention to Petra, his eyes narrowed at her and his teeth bared; her attack seemed to have only annoyed him, at least.

It is during this moment of distraction that the dwarf, Orzad, busts his way through the line and leaps towards the villain, his axe raised. He brings it down with all of his might, carving into the beast's shoulder, and Krieger stumbles back, raising his halberd to bring it down upon the dwarf. But before he can, Felix emerges from a near by tent, fervor in his eyes as he rushes to protect not only Karl, but one of his dwarven friends. The blow from the priest's hammer staggers Krieger back, the monster's eyes glazing as he stumbles; he is rattled and he swats at his own face, muttering and growling as he does.

Petra and Alina feel the swell of magic in the air, and the Kislevian woman turns her attention towards Jan, who seems quite a bit more sober now. He speaks quickly in the arcane tongue, the golden wind of Chamon swirling about him as he holds a rusty nail before him. The air bursts with magic as he aims for Krieger and throws the nail with amazing accuracy; the nail buries itself in a chink in the captain's armor, and after a moment, bursts in a cloud of rust. In moments, the captain's armor falls apart as it rapidly rusts and degrades, and great pits form in the metal of his halberd before the blade simply falls from the end as a useless, rusted chunk of metal. Jan stands for a moment, feeling the winds circle around him, before they finally relent and let him fall back to the ground. He looks over to Alina and gives her a forced grin, before motioning towards Krieger. "He won't stay unarmed for long! Press the advantage! Save the boy!"

Around Krieger, the other mutated guards lay into the mercenaries that rally against them, but the fighting is mostly a stand still; one mercenary lops off the now apelike head of one of Krieger's men, while another screams as he tries futilely to remove the crab claw that is slowly crushing his throat. The mercs and the mutants seem to be fairly evenly matched, but the mutants continue to mutate and grow, and before long, will likely gain an advantage.

Geoffray hits Krieger in the head for 6 damage. Marcus hits him in the same for 7 damage. Petra.. Petra hits him in the head but deals less damage than his TB. Good job, bloodsucker.

Orzad deals 1 damage to Krieger's head, and Felix deals a whopping 6 damage. Jan then uses a Lore of Metal spell to rust away Krieger's weapon and armor, leaving him unarmed but still a freakishly massive monster.

I'm gonna try to update combat daily or after I have more than two people post an action, to keep it rolling and get it over with. I will likely introduce the newest players either during or after this fight, depending on how it goes; not sure Korhal or Swags' buddy are still around but Monion will definitely be in!

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Thalandril

A lot had happened in the span of a few seconds. The two sides were in a pitched battle, but the ring leader, Krieger, was momentarily divested of his weapons and armor and the elf finally had his pistols ready. While Krieger stumbled away from the rest of the fray Thalandril drew his first pistol and took aim. There was a thunderous report and the warden's first ball of ammunition flew towards Krieger's chest.

Firing a pistol at Krieger. Pop, pop, pop, watchin' mutants drop.

pre:
Thalandril, The Night Owl
Current   : | 38 | 54 | 46 | 37 | 58 |  41 | 41 |  35 |

Current   : | 2  | 14 |  3 |  3 | 5  |  0  |  0 |  1  |

Armour: 2 Chest and Arms
Dodge Blow: 58

Combat Talents 
Excellent Vision - +10 on perception tests involving sight or lip reading
Night Vision - See up to 30 yards by starlight

Cudgel		|  Ordinary  | 1d10   | 
Sword           |  Ordinary  | 1d10+3 | Also apparently sweet and magic 

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Geoffray Dwarf-Friend

Geoffray nocks another arrow and fires at the hideous thing that had once been Krieger.

Or if Krieger is dead, shooting one of the other fleshy-headed mutants. BS is 52.

Since I've worked to get to a different vantage point from the others, can I also see where Karl's tent is, and if anyone is making their way towards it, or if anything suspicious is going on near/within it?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Marcus of Middenheim

The sight of the winds of magic casually stripping the armor from Krieger is unsettling to Marcus. To see so much craftsmanship disappear into rust and layers of protection fade away makes the hunter wonder how easily it could happen to him. He grits his teeth and continues to fire, hoping to take advantage of the exposure.

Firing twice with BS 62. I am posting from the road so I can't roll. I can't aim and shoot twice, right?

pre:
Marcus of Middenheim
Current   : | 36 | 62 | 36 | 30 | 42 |  34 | 40 |  27 |

Current   : | 2  | 15 |  3 |  3 | 4  |  0  |  1 |  3  |

Armour: 3 All
Dodge Blow: 42

Combat Talents 
Rover (+10% Concealment and Silent Move in rural locations)
Sharpshooter (+20% Ballistic Skill bonus when aiming)

Dagger		|  Ordinary  | 1d10   | 
Sword           |  Ordinary  | 1d10+3 | 

Bola		| Entangling | 1d10+1 |  8/16 |  Half  | Snare
Repeating Xbow  |  Crossbow  | 1d10+2 | 16/32 |  Free  | Reload: 4 Full after 10 Shots
Crossbow	|  Ordinary  | 1d10+4 | 30/60 |  Full  | 
Net		| Entangling |    -   |  4/8  |  Full  | Snare
Whip            | Entangling | 1d10-1 |  6/-  |  Half  | Fast, Snare

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Harrond

Appearing from the shadows between a pair of tents, a stranger in a hooded robe rushes forward. With his arms held out in front of him, he begins muttering to himself in a strange tongue before a black crossbow bolt launches itself from between his hands and flies unerringly toward the mutant Krieger.

Channelling @ 55: 1d100 44
Magic Missile (CN 6): 2d10+2 15
Magic Missile damage: 1d10+3 8

pre:
Name: Harrond
Race: Elf
Career: Apprentice Wizard > Journeyman Wizard

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 130lb
Hair Color: Ash Blond
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks: Curious Smell

Number of Siblings: 1
Star Sign: Mammit the Wise
Birthplace: Reikwald Forest

Experience: 0/1200

Advances:
 Apprentice Wizard
AG +5                 Free
INT +5                Free
INT +10               100
WP +5                 100
WP +10                100
WP +15                100
FEL +5                100
W +1                  100
W +2                  100
MAG +1                100
 Journeyman Wizard
Arcane Lore (Shadow)  100
MAG +2                100
WP +20                100
Charm                 100

Characteristics:
Primary    WS   BS   S    T    AG   INT  WP   FEL
Starting   29   38   36   31   36   29   30   28
Talents    --   --   --   --   --   5    5    --
Advance    5    5    --   5    10   20   25   10
Taken                          5    10   20   5
Current    29   38   36   31   41   44   55   33

Secondary  A    W    SB   TB   M    MAG  IP   FP
Starting   1    10   3    3    5    0    0    2
Talents    --   --   --   --   --   --   --   --
Advance    --   3    --   --   --   2    --   --
Taken           2                   2
Current    1    12   3    3    5    2    0    2

Skills:
Academic Knowledge (Magic)
Channelling
Charm
Common Knowledge (Elves)
Magical Sense
Perception
Read/Write
Search
Speak Arcane Language (Magick)
Speak Language (Classical, Eltharin, Reikspiel)

Talents:
Aethyric Attunement
Arcane Lore (Shadow Cardinal)
Coolheaded
Excellent Vision
Fast Hands
Night Vision
Petty Magic (Arcane)
Savvy

Spells:
Drop
Glowing Light
Magic Dart
Marsh Lights
Sleep
Sounds

Cloak Activity
Doppelganger
Eye of the Beholder
Illusion
Mindhole
Mockery of Death
Shadow Knives
Shadowsteed
Shroud of Invisibility
Throttling

Trappings:
Quarter Staff
Backpack
Grimoire
Printed Book
Writing Kit

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Orzad

Orzad swings again at the now armorless Krieger, swinging his axe into the now mutated man's torso.

Aiming and Attacking Kreiger (WS 52+10): 1d100 26 Hit his body
Damage: 1d10+4 7

pre:
Current   : | 52 | 41 | 40 | 42 | 37 |  34 | 36 |  34 |

Current   : | 1  | 14 |  4 |  3 |  3 |   0 |  0 |  2  |

Weapon: Axe (1d10+4), Silver Dagger (1d10+1), Crossbow (1d10+4)
Armor:  Full Mail (3 All)
Traits:  Night Vision, Stout Hearted, Magic Resistant
[/quote]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.

Thorm Ragnarsson

A war bellow echos out from somewhere in the camp, impossibly loud yet getting louder by the second while being difficult to pinpoint until the culprit reveals himself. A stocky flash of muscle and orange hair flies out of from between a grouping of tents, bee lining for the Chaos monstrosity that has made itself known to the camp. The Dwarf launches himself into the hair with a leap and slashes downwards at the apex of his jump with a massive great battle-axe. Intent on rending the beast in two with a mighty strike.

Charge against Krieger, 52 + 10 = 62, 1d100=37
Hit on the body
1d10 + 4 + 1= 14 damage

pre:
Name: Thorm Ragnarsson 
Player: Korhal
Race:  Dwarf
XP:  0
Career: Troll Slayer -> Hydra Slayer

Physical Characteristics
--------------------------
Height: 4'8 (6'10 including mohawk)
Weight: 175 lbs
Hair Color: Orange
Eye Color: Purple
Distinguishing Marks: Tattoos and scars covering majority of body

Origins and Family
-------------------------
Number of Siblings: 1
Star Sign: Dragomas the Drake
Birthplace: Karak Kadrin the Stronghold of the Pass (World's Edge Mountains)

Character Profile
--------------------(Mercy on Str roll)
Starting  : | 42 | 31 | 31 | 43 | 23 |  38 | 33 |  22 |
Talent    : | -  |  - |  - |  5 |  - |  -  |  - |  -  |
Advance   : | 25 |  0 | 15 | 15 | 10 |   0 | 20 |   0 | 
Taken     : | 10 | -- | 10 |  5 | 10 |  -- | 10 |  -- |
Current   : | 52 | 31 | 41 | 53 | 33 |  38 | 43 |  22 |

Secondary : | A  | W  | SB | TB |  M | MAG | IP | FP  |
Starting  : | 1  | 13 |  4 |  5 |  3 |  0  |  0 |  2  |
Talent    : | -  |  1 |  - |  - |  - |  -  |  - |  -  |
Advance   : | 1  |  6 | -- | -- | -- |  -- | -- |  -- |