Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Rollersnake posted:

Despite not categorically hating it myself, I think all of America can agree that St. Louis has the worst style of American pizza. Super-thin crust, provel (provolone-flavored American cheese) instead of real cheese, and laughably overpriced most places.

Yet the Imo's near me gives you the option of ordering it with mozzarella and a thicker crust, and it is somehow worse.

Also if you can't appreciate a good Chicago deep dish, I don't even wanna know you. It's not my favorite pizza or anything, but it's not a casserole anymore than New York pizza is grease-soaked cardboard.

Edit: Why isn't there more of a pizza rivalry between New York and New Haven? It's much closer, and holy poo poo I have never had better apizza anywhere than I've had in New Haven.

New Haven is almost universally considered to have the best pizza in the country among pizza nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
New Haven has its own arguably terrible local specialty in the steamed cheeseburger. I honestly really enjoyed mine, but everyone else I went with hated it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rollersnake posted:

Despite not categorically hating it myself, I think all of America can agree that St. Louis has the worst style of American pizza. Super-thin crust

But actual thing crust properly cooked is how pizza is supposed to be and actually really loving good?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

big mean giraffe posted:

But actual thing crust properly cooked is how pizza is supposed to be and actually really loving good?

I guess, but this is not what you get at the St. Louis-style pizza chains.

I don't know that I've been anywhere else in America where the local cuisine ended up so distinctively wrong as in St. Louis, and the pizza is is the most flagrant example of this. Also one of the defining characteristics of St. Louis barbecue is that you cook the meat in the sauce. And then there's the egg foo yung sandwich on white bread that they named after the wrong city.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Rollersnake posted:

New Haven has its own arguably terrible local specialty in the steamed cheeseburger. I honestly really enjoyed mine, but everyone else I went with hated it.

Wait, so "steamed hams" are an actual thing?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wait, so "steamed hams" are an actual thing?

steamed hams are clearly grilled

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
White Castle does steam grilled.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfHGqyMxuqI

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rollersnake posted:

it's not a casserole anymore than New York pizza is grease-soaked cardboard.

I agree. New York pizza is a grease soaked cardboard and Chicago pizza is a casserole.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

quote:

Provel is made by a subsidiary of Kraft
What a shock.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Trent posted:

does this sort of thing let the atoms out?

Looks like they left the lid on the jar.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeHm-tp_E0c

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Rollersnake posted:

So they actually do this somewhere other than Ted's in Meriden?

When I was working in Westport one day I took a lunch field trip to Ted's just to see wtf. It was very nice, I'd have it again, in fact I'd really like some of that weird rear end cheese right now. I just can't fathom what kind of goofy game of Martian telephone must have transpired to bring their system about.

Beto Rocha
Jan 2, 2010
You guys talking about pizza?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'd love to see the box this one comes in

e: is it resting on a bed of spaghetti?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

that pizza looks like it's been sitting out for a couple days

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Beto Rocha posted:

You guys talking about pizza?

I have no, or few, qualms about the first two.

Data Graham posted:

So they actually do this somewhere other than Ted's in Meriden?

When I was working in Westport one day I took a lunch field trip to Ted's just to see wtf. It was very nice, I'd have it again, in fact I'd really like some of that weird rear end cheese right now. I just can't fathom what kind of goofy game of Martian telephone must have transpired to bring their system about.

I've never actually been to Ted's. I went to some other place I can't remember the name of which had better urbanspoon reviews, or something.

Edit: K. LaMay's, also in Meriden. And yeah, the huge excess of soft melty cheese was definitely more polarizing than the steamed burger itself.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 01:42 on May 7, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I've been to St. Louis many times, but have never gotten pizza. I kind of want to try it now, just to see how bad we're talking...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

That photo looks like someone's suicide note.

Vicodiva
Sep 27, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Hey the flavored vodka scene is pretty advanced, I don't think you're gonna be able to make fruit - loops or chocolate whipped cream vodkas easily on your own

Just get a bottle of Mr bottom shelf Boston Vodka and....

You could make Vodka Alfredo http://naturesflavors.com/organic-alfredo-flavor-concentrate-28342

Banana Split Vodka http://naturesflavors.com/organic-banana-split-flavor-concentrate-27348

Curry Vodka: http://naturesflavors.com/organic-curry-flavor-concentrate-28485

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

That reminds me of this post in the Ambien thread:

Above Our Own posted:

Cooking with the walrus: I mixed tuna fish, green beans, and a heap of cinnamon into tomato soup and went on to text friends about how I was preparing food for the king.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

PIZZA HITLERS

ALL OF YOU

SHUT UP

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks for the cool food post

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Trent posted:

Thanks for the cool food post.
Fine then.
http://imgur.com/P6slgTc

Ortolan, motherfuckers.

E: also, admittedly, there has been almost as much horrifying food as derail. It's me, I'm the Pizza Hitler.

Bibliotechno Music has a new favorite as of 04:59 on May 7, 2015

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

QuelleFuck posted:

PIZZA HITLERS

ALL OF YOU

SHUT UP

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

THE MASOCHISTS FLESHLIGHT.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

That reminds me of this post in the Ambien thread:

Got a link? I used to take that poo poo before I got up in the middle of the night and tried to drive.

NM forgot quotes do links now. Don't take Ambien, kids.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I want a delicious super easy

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

FlyinPingu posted:

I want a delicious super easy

You really don't

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
WTF is that thing and where is it sold?

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

pookel posted:

WTF is that thing and where is it sold?

Looks to be cheeze wiz ontop of bread with vienna sausages and some sorta pickle.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I still don't understand what that contraption is doing

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

rodbeard posted:

I still don't understand what that contraption is doing

It's making an elongated pre-cooked egg tube.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Looks to be cheeze wiz ontop of bread with vienna sausages and some sorta pickle.
I should have quoted, I meant the Fleshlight.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
this is what you want

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

pookel posted:

I think it's some kind of egg/springroll maker, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

pookel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XILbEZlS0U

• Locked thread