Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Super No Vacancy posted:

hot take that four way will be really good and it makes sense to get your two new big signings on your ppv in a marquee match and having a few guys trade the title and suggest that they each can win based on matchup or circumstance is a decent way to establish each of them as a threat and manufacture a kayfabe explanation for the multi-man nonsense

It'll be a good match but I don't like them screwing Lee over like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MagicCube posted:

Maybe Rovert can confirm this, but I think the whole reason for the hotshotting was to get the TV Title on someone actually solidly locked down past the new year. Fish's contract is expiring, Ospreay needs to take a break, Dragon Lee isn't exclusively contracted, so that leave Scurll as the most committed for the time being. If yesterday is any indication though nothing is topping The Young Bucks vs. The Briscoes.

Even if that is the case, why bother putting the title on Ospreay in the first place, other than "Thank you for signing the contract, here's a one-day reign with our third-most important title."

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I don't remember it coming up at all during the ASE tapings or Baltimore tapings but that's what Cody tweeted.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bucks/Briscoes is because the Briscoes beat them in a non title match on the UK tour that everyone who saw the show said was really really incredible

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Germansimp posted:

Even if that is the case, why bother putting the title on Ospreay in the first place, other than "Thank you for signing the contract, here's a one-day reign with our third-most important title."

I'm not Delirious or maybe I am because I don't know why these things happen. I assume it was to get a big pop and raise the stakes of Ospreay/Scurll.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oatgan posted:

Bucks/Briscoes is because the Briscoes beat them in a non title match on the UK tour that everyone who saw the show said was really really incredible

The Briscoes came out during ASE TV tapings and named themselves the #1 Contenders for Final Battle. :ssh:

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Sounds like ROH put on some killer shows this past weekend. Final Battle will be no differen5.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Roque11 posted:

Sounds like ROH put on some killer shows this past weekend. Final Battle will be no differen5.

Well the ring will probably stay together.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MagicCube posted:

Maybe Rovert can confirm this, but I think the whole reason for the hotshotting was to get the TV Title on someone actually solidly locked down past the new year. Fish's contract is expiring, Ospreay needs to take a break, Dragon Lee isn't exclusively contracted, so that leave Scurll as the most committed for the time being. If yesterday is any indication though nothing is topping The Young Bucks vs. The Briscoes.

I think it's less that Ospreay needs a break and more that they don't have first priority on his bookings. I would guess they do for Scurll, simply because I don't know who else would.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BU_SCEBo1VE

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lux Aeterna (Trap Remix)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MagicCube posted:

it smells more like they're popping the territory. Probably trying to secure return dates

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MagicCube posted:

I'm not Delirious or maybe I am because I don't know why these things happen. I assume it was to get a big pop and raise the stakes of Ospreay/Scurll.

My thoughts too.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think it's less that Ospreay needs a break and more that they don't have first priority on his bookings. I would guess they do for Scurll, simply because I don't know who else would.

Scurll is moving to the US isn't he?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i think it's good to do a 1 day reign sometimes

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Spermgod posted:

i think it's good to do a 1 day reign sometimes

When the World title scene is so stable you can do anything with the secondary belts tbh.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Looks like the seed has been planted for people to back off on claiming that half the roster will be gone after 12/31. LOL!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

Looks like the seed has been planted for people to back off on claiming that half the roster will be gone after 12/31. LOL!

Do you follow me on Twitter, Roque11. Yeah ROH is about to announce a big resigning.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

rovert posted:

Do you follow me on Twitter, Roque11. Yeah ROH is about to announce a big resigning.

They'll announce this(probably the Bucks) and then every other name that has come out as far as deals coming up. Just as I said all along, as ROH will step up to the plate and there's the power of the New Japan relationship. Wrestlers want to be apart of a revolution and they want to wrestle in Japan, not hang out in NXT or come out to no reaction during cruiser matches.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Rovert vs Roque11 is a bigger money match than anything in ROH this year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque11 posted:

Wrestlers want to be apart of a revolution and they want to wrestle in Japan

I'm glad you're admitting they don't want to be in ROH

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Roque11 posted:

They'll announce this(probably the Bucks) and then every other name that has come out as far as deals coming up. Just as I said all along, as ROH will step up to the plate and there's the power of the New Japan relationship. Wrestlers want to be apart of a revolution and they want to wrestle in Japan, not hang out in NXT or come out to no reaction during cruiser matches.

I agree largely. ROH is still very dysfunctional.

In terms of main eventer types the only one I'd consider a certainty to leave is Adam Cole. The state of play is the same as last year if not worse. WWE is offering even less money. The likes of Nese and Gulak are seen in some circles as undercutting bigger name/higher profile indie stars. WWE low balled Ricochet for example.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol classic wwe. why pay for ricochet when we can get drew gulak for a fraction of the cost!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Super No Vacancy posted:

lol classic wwe. why pay for ricochet when we can get drew gulak for a fraction of the cost!!
He'll come in at lower price because everyone wants to go to the WWE eventually, don't need anymore incentive than that

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

It IS dumb from a talent evaluation POV. But you have to remember WWE is eating the cost of Smackdown going live and aspects of their business are way down. So it does come down to budget too.

WWE downgrading the look and quality of their product/roster is one of the bigger stories of year for me. Moreso the bottom half of the roster than the top obviously. Kinda reminds me of the difference between the WWF 1992 roster and the WWF 1993 roster. There's a lot more people who look minor league on the roster now

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They also obviously value poo poo a lot differently than we do. Ricochet is phenomenal but he really can't talk and they'd neuter most of what stands out about him.

He's a guy that's going to have to bet on himself if he wants to go there.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Roque11 posted:

Wrestlers want to be apart of a revolution and they want to wrestle in Japan, not hang out in NXT or come out to no reaction during cruiser matches.

So, I know they have a not-insignificant working relationship, but can you tell me why someone in that situation would want to sign with ROH over New Japan, especially knowing the backstage politics in ROH are a bit rough at the moment?

^^^^
Also seconding this, though it's worth keeping in mind they've managed to get some amazing promos out of AJ, who I don't think anyone would've pegged as a great talker.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 23, 2016

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

Drew Gulak is prettier than Ricochet.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

terrible troll attempt

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sleepwalkers posted:

So, I know they have a not-insignificant working relationship, but can you tell me why someone in that situation would want to sign with ROH over New Japan, especially knowing the backstage politics in ROH are a bit rough at the moment?

^^^^
Also seconding this, though it's worth keeping in mind they've managed to get some amazing promos out of AJ, who I don't think anyone would've pegged as a great talker.

aj's character work was always good. he was a very good semi-comedic heel on the mic in tna. he wasnt and still isnt good at a straight-ahead babyface promo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super No Vacancy posted:

terrible troll attempt

if Ricochet is so pretty why does he have to wear a mask when he's on national TV?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

japan pays beaucoup bucks for exclusive rights to his face

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

coconono posted:

if Ricochet is so pretty why does he have to wear a mask when he's on national TV?

I would've thought you of all people would've been in agreement with GBH and not given a drat about his face to begin with

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 23, 2016

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

I would've thought you of all people would've been in agreement with GBH and not given a drat about his face to begin with

Am in total agreement. Beautiful(only rear end)

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Thauros posted:

It's me, I am Makabe irl

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Corino is done. Headed to WWE

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
put Whitmer on color commentary now please

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Good thing they still have Mr Wrestling III.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Bard Maddox posted:

put Whitmer on color commentary now please

The obvious choice is Mark Briscoe.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

Corino is done. Headed to WWE

ummm wtf??? roque said he was staying

roque!!! roque??!?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
http://prowrestling.net/site/2016/11/23/dot-net-exclusive-roh-losing-color-commentator-steve-corino-to-wwe/

• Locked thread