Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Pyrolocutus posted:

All I'm saying is, he plays the faction with Old Witch in it.

On an actual WMH note: how does Kraken play with the Goreshades/pSturgis/Gaspy3 and maybe Scav/Vene in Mk3? There's a discounted one at a store that I'm thinking of getting (discounted in anticipation of the Kraken/Sepulcher multikit, I'm betting).

1) It is one of the best warjack options in cryx. It is fantastic with Gaspy3 due to the additional movespeed and ARM.

2) The multikit is already out.

3) I like the Kraken better than the Sepulcher. Sepulcher is better at range, but Kraken can reach stupidly high levels of POW in melee on its own, before cryx debuffs. It doesn't even prevent soul/corpse collection anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Supulcher also sucks because mechanithralls now suck real bad and it's necrofactory ability got nerfed as well iirc

Kraken, meanwhile, is baller.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

albany academy posted:

Supulcher also sucks because mechanithralls now suck real bad and it's necrofactory ability got nerfed as well iirc

Kraken, meanwhile, is baller.

Yep. I'd have no qualms about picking up a heavily discounted Kraken instead of the multi-kit.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So, i was talking with my boss last night and he mentioned that some/most Hordes armies have some kind of Fury mitigation units, I was wondering if Trolls was one of them

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Literally The Worst posted:

So, i was talking with my boss last night and he mentioned that some/most Hordes armies have some kind of Fury mitigation units, I was wondering if Trolls was one of them

Trolls have always had the worst fury management in Hordes. Trolls only has whelps that they can eat during the Maintenance or control phase to reduce fury, but that is very unreliable for fury management.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Khisanth Magus posted:

Trolls have always had the worst fury management in Hordes. Trolls only has whelps that they can eat during the Maintenance or control phase to reduce fury, but that is very unreliable for fury management.

Rip me I guess

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Actually, Trolls now have access to the Swamp Gobber Chef, which lets you remove a friendly warrior model from play to remove fury from a warbeast of the same faction as the removed warrior model (it grants Comfort Food to friendly warrior models in its command, then warbeasts that are friendly faction to the model with comfort food can eat 'em). Gives you more options with the cheaper per model units as far as fury control goes.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

How does this look for an anti-infantry list? The plan would be to jam with the Karax, use the Bloodrunners/tormentor/void spirit to pull out troublesome solos, march the Titans into a zone or rough up the enemy while the shaman/cannoneer/extoller provide some ranged destruction (the shaman casting far strike for range 14 ghost shots, the cannoneer 16" grievous AOEs). And then Makeda kills everyone.

Fuel Cache - Steamroller Objective

Makeda & the Exalted Court - WB: +24
- Makeda & the Exalted Court (Cont.)
- Titan Gladiator - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 14)
- Cyclops Shaman - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Titan Cannoneer - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)
- Bronzeback Titan - PC: 18

Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4
Void Spirit - PC: 4
Extoller Soulward - PC: 3
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor - PC: 4

Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7
Praetorian Karax - Leader & 9 Grunts: 11
Paingiver Bloodrunners - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

head58 posted:

How does this look for an anti-infantry list? The plan would be to jam with the Karax, use the Bloodrunners/tormentor/void spirit to pull out troublesome solos, march the Titans into a zone or rough up the enemy while the shaman/cannoneer/extoller provide some ranged destruction (the shaman casting far strike for range 14 ghost shots, the cannoneer 16" grievous AOEs). And then Makeda kills everyone.

Fuel Cache - Steamroller Objective

Makeda & the Exalted Court - WB: +24
- Makeda & the Exalted Court (Cont.)
- Titan Gladiator - PC: 14 (Battlegroup Points Used: 14)
- Cyclops Shaman - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Titan Cannoneer - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 2)
- Bronzeback Titan - PC: 18

Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4
Void Spirit - PC: 4
Extoller Soulward - PC: 3
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor - PC: 4

Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7
Praetorian Karax - Leader & 9 Grunts: 11
Paingiver Bloodrunners - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9

I like most of the list but I think you could easily lose the Will breaker unless you really wanted to.have access to puppet strings.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

waah posted:

I like most of the list but I think you could easily lose the Will breaker unless you really wanted to.have access to puppet strings.

What would you put in its place? Another void?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

head58 posted:

What would you put in its place? Another void?

To be honest I am not sure. Maybe you can get something out of it but my games with a Will breaker, his biggest benefit was if I had a fury 5 caster and I wanted to stretch the table.

The problem is that you are right about what else do you put there for 4 points. A void spirit sounds good, but if you are facing non-living or zombified infantry, then your biggest benefit is having two incorperal models to cause headaches. That is probably a better option than a second PGMT. If you end up with a ton of single wound infantry then you destroy everything, but that's kinda what you want Makeda to do so she can surf.

Zaadesh doesn't help you because you want Makeda's BG as large as possible for feat.

Dakar doesn't help because no guns.

That leaves you to minions. Croak Hunter is a worse option than a second Void Spirit.

A Mist Speaker *could* do some cute things since you have shooting units with eyeless sight. Don't think I am sold on if though.

A witch doc helps you in no way.

Hell no to river raiders.

And Victor Pendrake doesn't really fit for what you are building for.

So that leads me to my hipster choice: Maximus.

In your list your solos are fire and forget. Maximus benefits from this. He has spell ward, which keeps debuffs off him. Makeda isn't gonna cast anything on him anyways so nothing lost. But the most important thing for you I think is that he is a pow 13 weaponmaster with 2 inch reach and a magical weapon. He also has berserk which will help with some infantry clearing while leaving some for Makeda still. Even better, instead of having a PGMT being good against only single wound infantry, or a void spirit being good against only living models, you get a model that is good against medium based infantry and can contribute against light warjacks/warbeasts. 13/16 will get him killed though, but at least he has unyielding so if you can keep him in combat, he's 13/18. You can use that to your advantage by running him into a ranged unit instead of charging. You get protection from shooting, and no ranged unit really wants to be taking pow 13 weaponmaster attacks.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

There's also Saxon Orrik. He can give Pathfinder to the Karax for the initial jam and then go gently caress off to clean up a a damaged warbeast or something. You can swap him out vs jacks.

Does Mak3 count as a warrior unit? Saxon Orrik doesn't say "non-warcaster/warlock" so he could give them Pathfinder too.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

GoodBee posted:

There's also Saxon Orrik. He can give Pathfinder to the Karax for the initial jam and then go gently caress off to clean up a a damaged warbeast or something. You can swap him out vs jacks.

Does Mak3 count as a warrior unit? Saxon Orrik doesn't say "non-warcaster/warlock" so he could give them Pathfinder too.

She does, yes.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

GoodBee posted:

I like this more than Maximus only because I don't own Max yet but I have Saxon.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Indeed. Saxon is probably the best choice overall since you can give Karax pathfinder, or Makeda pathfinder even if both of her dudes are dead.

Don't know how I forgot to mention him

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Cygnar continues to be best faction with Jakes 2 getting Field Marshal: Sprint.

Why yes, I would like to play MK2 Vayl2 with my giant stompy robots.

http://privateerpressforums.com/sho...l=1#post3628224

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

My local store doesn't really bother with keeping a good stock of WMH, so yesterday I bought out their entire stock of Ret. The new battle box, an extra Shyeel heavy, and Kaelyssa. I had been planning to go Helynna/Ossyan with the new army but I felt bad leaving just one sad little warcaster representing a while faction. So, what do I do with Kaelyssa in MK3?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
Shick spoiled Jakes as having field marshal sprint. Gross

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

theironjef posted:

So, what do I do with Kaelyssa in MK3?

Be goddamned amazing, that's what.

e: It's Ret, the answer also involves Dawnguard Sentinels.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 28, 2016

Quest Jefferson
Mar 27, 2010

theironjef posted:

My local store doesn't really bother with keeping a good stock of WMH, so yesterday I bought out their entire stock of Ret. The new battle box, an extra Shyeel heavy, and Kaelyssa. I had been planning to go Helynna/Ossyan with the new army but I felt bad leaving just one sad little warcaster representing a while faction. So, what do I do with Kaelyssa in MK3?

She got some pretty great buffs in MK3 and I like using her as an all-comers matchup because she can do well against skews.
I've been doing pretty well with this list:
Kaelyssa
-Manticore
-Manticore
-Banshee
-Sylas
3 Arcanists
2 Magisters
Artificer
Ghost Sniper
Max Sentinels w/Officer and Standard
HSBM

The Manticores are there for covering fire or laying on Phantom Hunter to snipe out solos. Blur goes on the Sentinels which lets them get up the field safely, most of the infantry is blast immune or can be made blast immune from the Artificer, who I usually have hanging around Kaelyssa and the arcanists. The battle mages usually do a good job of reeling things into my heavies and sentinels or by pushing jacks and beasts out of charge range. I like to play aggressive with Kaelyssa with Refuge up and strip upkeeps.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

Shick spoiled Jakes as having field marshal sprint. Gross

Only if the rest of her backs it up. Kraye does that better if she doesn't make our dude's hit harder, so we'll see. Sounds good though.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Quest Jefferson posted:

The Manticores are there for covering fire or laying on Phantom Hunter to snipe out solos. Blur goes on the Sentinels which lets them get up the field safely, most of the infantry is blast immune or can be made blast immune from the Artificer, who I usually have hanging around Kaelyssa and the arcanists. The battle mages usually do a good job of reeling things into my heavies and sentinels or by pushing jacks and beasts out of charge range. I like to play aggressive with Kaelyssa with Refuge up and strip upkeeps.

People poo poo on Manticores all the time, but covering fire works really, really well on her feat. Most of the time your opponent's only option is running to engage and they do a good job of shutting that down.

Refuge on Kaelyssa is the best. Not only does she strip upkeeps, but providing stationary vs jacks or disrupting fury generation (while gaining focus) is great considering how safe she is able to be while doing it.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

S.J. posted:

Only if the rest of her backs it up. Kraye does that better if she doesn't make our dude's hit harder, so we'll see. Sounds good though.

Rumor is Positive Charge which works well with Sprint after killing something with the Jack you cast out on.

I hope the rumor pans out.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
I can't remember what Jakes got in the WM:Tactics campaign as she leveled up but I wonder if that would be any indicator. I know she got Acrobatics.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

fnordcircle posted:

I can't remember what Jakes got in the WM:Tactics campaign as she leveled up but I wonder if that would be any indicator. I know she got Acrobatics.

Taken from the forums and spoiled just in case (?)

Spd 6, Mat 7, Rat 5, Def 16, Arm 14 Focus 6.

[Field Marshal] Sprint

Sprint

Acrobatics

Parry

Feat: Powerhouse- Friendly Faction models gain Immune to electricity, melee weapons gain rng 2 and electroleap.

Weapons:
x2 Blades: 1 has electro leap, the other disruption (P+s 13 I believe)

x2 Hand Cannons

Spells:
Energizer
Wall of Steel (Now called Bulwark, battle group models gain +2 def and no knockdown while base to base)
Lightning Storm
Positive Charge
Electrify

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rantmo posted:

[Field Marshal] Sprint

Sprint

Acrobatics

Parry

Feat: Powerhouse- Friendly Faction models gain Immune to electricity, melee weapons gain rng 2 and electroleap.

Weapons:

x2 Hand Cannons

Spells:
Energizer
Wall of Steel (Now called Bulwark, battle group models gain +2 def and no knockdown while base to base)
Lightning Storm
Positive Charge
Electrify

Some interesting stuff...but wtf is what that feat?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Could be nice on Trencher Commandos maybe? And nowhere else.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

It increases the melee range of almost all of our infantry and a lot of our jacks but that's pretty underwhelming. Energizer is good for both getting in first or back away further after sprinting though, so that's nice. And Bulwark is fantastic. It'll be nice against lots of infantry though.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 28, 2016

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Uh, I am gonna go with that feat is interesting and will cause many many players to play it wrong or will need a rule clarification. I don't think models killed from electroleap count for granting Sprint correct? It has to be the actual melee attack that gives sprint c/d?

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

waah posted:

Uh, I am gonna go with that feat is interesting and will cause many many players to play it wrong or will need a rule clarification. I don't think models killed from electroleap count for granting Sprint correct? It has to be the actual melee attack that gives sprint c/d?

Sprint as it appears on the Warpwolf Stalker: "At the end of an activation in which it destroyed or removed from play one or more enemy models with melee attacks, a model with Spring can immediately make a full advance, then its activation ends."

Electro leap as it appears on Lightning Shroud on Nemo1: "When a model is hit by a basic attack made with a weapon with Electro Leap, you can have lightning arc to the nearest model within 4" of the model hit, ignoring the attacking model...Lightning arc damage rolls are not considered to have been caused by an attack"

So yeah that looks like electroleap does not proc sprint. I could see it for delivering infantry in an alpha strike to dislodge some models in a unit, sprint back, then alpha again? Since it hits all FF models. Looks like they're positioning her to mulch infantry on the first hit, then sprint back to either deny the counter attack or sprint past the destroyed models to jam up really good.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Had my first "negative play experience" today. Week 3 of journeyman and I ask a guy who is hanging out near the tables if he needs a game. He responds: "sure, I hate my loving caster". Whatever, I need 3 games and no one else was around. He is Menoth. Turn 0 he is clearly on tilt, and I realize that if I just keep calm and play my game he will beat himself. He constantly complains over how nerfed Menoth is, and repeatedly shuts me down when I try to commiserate because Cryx also took some hard nerfs but its for the health of the game, right? Turn 3 or so I clean his light flamethrower boy and his 3 big armor boys out of the center zone and score a control point. I say I score a point as I tell him its his turn. He bricks up with 2 big jacks (I don't know Menoth), his choir, and his caster on a hill outside of the zone, and passes turn back to me. I write down a control point and he freaks out and calls the TO over who says "yeah, week 3 is scenario.". He argues that no one else has played scenario (every table has a 12" zone on it), and says fine we will keep going, but I should have told him. I manage to slam one of his jacks over his caster and get a leap with Stalker for GG. Guy grabs his caster and throws it straight in the middle of the table and it shatters. TO asks him to leave.

Win for me I guess and now I have someone to dodge games against.

Edit: and I get home and my missing parts order went through and my Gaspy3 hand is sitting in my mailbox.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 29, 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

lokipunk posted:

Had my first "negative play experience" today. Week 3 of journeyman and I ask a guy who is hanging out near the tables if he needs a game. He responds: "sure, I hate my loving caster". Whatever, I need 3 games and no one else was around. He is Menoth. Turn 0 he is clearly on tilt, and I realize that if I just keep calm and play my game he will beat himself. He constantly complains over how nerfed Menoth is, and repeatedly shuts me down when I try to commiserate because Cryx also took some hard nerfs but its for the health of the game, right? Turn 3 or so I clean his light flamethrower boy and his 3 big armor boys out of the center zone and score a control point. I say I score a point as I tell him its his turn. He bricks up with 2 big jacks (I don't know Menoth), his choir, and his caster on a hill outside of the zone, and passes turn back to me. I write down a control point and he freaks out and calls the TO over who says "yeah, week 3 is scenario.". He argues that no one else has played scenario (every table has a 12" zone on it), and says fine we will keep going, but I should have told him. I manage to slam one of his jacks over his caster and get a leap with Stalker for GG. Guy grabs his caster and throws it straight in the middle of the table and it shatters. TO asks him to leave.

Edit: and I get home and my missing parts order went through and my Gaspy3 hand is sitting in my mailbox.

Feel the joy of breaking a rager's spirit. There is no better feeling than outwardly maintaining your cool as someone you dislike melts down in front of you. Getting him to spike his caster into the table is worth like, a million points

susan
Jan 14, 2013

PaintVagrant posted:

Feel the joy of breaking a rager's spirit. There is no better feeling than outwardly maintaining your cool as someone you dislike melts down in front of you. Getting him to spike his caster into the table is worth like, a million points

Also, free Malekus, and Malekus is baller.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Aiakos giving +3 speed and assault.

"Yeah. You know what Reapers like? Assault.

You know what Reapers like even more? +3 SPD and Assault."

TheInvisiblePooka
Dec 18, 2012

rantmo posted:

[Field Marshal] Sprint

Sprint

Acrobatics

Parry

Weapons:

x2 Hand Cannons

Spells:
Energizer
Lightning Storm
Positive Charge
Electrify

"I need two guns so that I'm not off balance while murder-parkouring myself around the battlefield."

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

lokipunk posted:

That sounds like living the dream to me. Only way it could get better is either him storming off and leaving his army or a legit table flip.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah the only way that gets beaten is if you get a free army out of it :v:

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Yeah, I mean serious "achievement unlock" moment. It was stressful and unpleasant to deal with then but now its hilarious. Oddly enough I am kind of a school/work/gym shut in and was seriously worried about some dumb sperglord poo poo happening if I actually go to gamestore.

Other than this guy the worst thing is the older gentleman telling me all about game of thrones after I said I didn't read the books and not really picking up on the "I'm not interested" vibes.

hooman posted:

Aiakos giving +3 speed and assault.

"Yeah. You know what Reapers like? Assault.

You know what Reapers like even more? +3 SPD and Assault."

Oh yeah, I am excited for this. I may need to pick myself up some more Reapers. It would be even better if he had some Malice and/or black ogrun boarding party synergy for maximum yank jank.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 29, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
wait until you're dodging a guy who has figured out that you're buying back in but not that the reason you're dodging all his questions is that you don't want to play or discuss the game with him, because he's an idiot and an rear end in a top hat

good times

good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

lokipunk posted:

Yeah, I mean serious "achievement unlock" moment. It was stressful and unpleasant to deal with then but now its hilarious. Oddly enough I am kind of a school/work/gym shut in and was seriously worried about some dumb sperglord poo poo happening if I actually go to gamestore.

I haven't seen that level of meltdown yet, though I have come across people taking Journeyman way too seriously and getting pissy when they lose. I just don't see the point in getting worked up over a game, especially in JM league when so much is dictated as a "just because" thing for fun (list-building I mean).