Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he has a gun so he'd just parry everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Kuvo posted:

that whole segment seems like it was inspired by castle of cagliostro

Works out that way for Great Mouse Detective, too.

Clock tower action scenes seem to be much happier to play with clambering around on giant gears when animated in cartoons or games rather than live acted, for fairly obvious reasons. Live action will happily hang people from the clock hands, though.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Did I do this right

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jIiL9ruJDA

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
If that dog named Victor isn't foreshadowing for the end of this game, I'm going to be severely disappointed.

I would also accept (and prefer) a lemur.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Lemurs are wild animals. Do not make them pets.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Lemurs are wild animals. Do not make them pets.

Or else they'll steal all your apples.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Looks like the clock hand actually would have landed on the roof of the larger tower building. Though now I'm curious if they 1. rendered that, 2. what the tower interior looks like at the end, and 3. what happens if you try to go back to the front door after making such a racket.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Drake, I think if you make the news Elena will find out.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

They don't even have to show Drake on the news. Just footage of an old clock tower from pirate times being destroyed will be enough to tip her off.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thats not an apple
Its a wampa fruit

Incidentally I bet Drake wishes he could double jump

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kuvo posted:

that whole segment seems like it was inspired by castle of cagliostro

I was thinking more this:

Zagglezig posted:

Clock tower action scenes seem to be much happier to play with clambering around on giant gears when animated in cartoons or games rather than live acted, for fairly obvious reasons. Live action will happily hang people from the clock hands, though.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Lemur-related:

http://imgur.com/a/WytNu

(~2mb gif, I don't know if I'm stuck in the early 2000s but that still seems like a lot to me, so I won't embed)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
http://i.imgur.com/MDyCE5t.gifv

Imgur automatically converts gifs to mp4s if you change the filetype extension on them.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
You mentioned it at the top of the tower but Inverse Kinematics, or IK, is used for a lot of different things, not just feet. Dan Floyd over on Extra Credits did a video briefly touching on IK, and it's pretty decent to understand the gist of what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVHM4spXuOM

So yeah, stuff like Nate actually climbing to the top of the tower uses way more IK than just that one point where it broke his foot on the top.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Gorilla Salad posted:

I was thinking more this:

Or killing people with clocks

But what else are ya gonna do when you're the Clock King

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Watch Elena get tipped off from Nate posting a million lemur photos on facebook and instagram.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

bobjr posted:

Watch Elena get tipped off from Nate posting a million lemur photos on facebook and instagram.
Nate actually doesn't know what instagram is
he still posts on Myspace.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah he's still rocking the flip phone too.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
This is pretty much the last game I expected a Papers, Please reference in. :allears: Now I almost want Lucas Pope to add Nate and Sully in as a rare random encounter.

Their paperwork would be totally hosed, of course.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

1stGear posted:

This is pretty much the last game I expected a Papers, Please reference in. :allears: Now I almost want Lucas Pope to add Nate and Sully in as a rare random encounter.

Their paperwork would be totally hosed, of course.

I don't know, their paperwork seems good enough to get them in and out of pretty much any country on Earth from what we've seen across four games. At no point is difficulty crossing borders ever brought up as a concern for the two of them, except for that easter egg. It's kinda weird, thinking about it.

NeruVolpi
Apr 23, 2016
Nate needs to have different coins anf rings and stuff on his pockets when he gives the papers.

Then you have to XRay Sully and he has a huge dong that is actually his cigar!

.... Did i go too far? :stare:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Yes. Don't be weird.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

KieranWalker posted:

I don't know, their paperwork seems good enough to get them in and out of pretty much any country on Earth from what we've seen across four games. At no point is difficulty crossing borders ever brought up as a concern for the two of them, except for that easter egg. It's kinda weird, thinking about it.

The puzzle would be to find a spot to put the stamp because their papers are already full of other stamps.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

After years of fisticuffs, gunplay, rope sliding, and ancient curses, Nate's fingerprints have been worn down to perfectly smooth blots.

And let's not even go near Sully's medical history.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

NeruVolpi posted:

Nate needs to have different coins anf rings and stuff on his pockets when he gives the papers.

Then you have to XRay Sully and he has a huge dong that is actually his cigar!

.... Did i go too far? :stare:

I can believe Sully carries around a giant novelty cigar, I'm sure it's helped him out of a tough spot more than once.

edit: "Sully, we need to get outta here! Give us a smokescreen!"

"You COUGH HACK COUGH got it kid!"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Nate and Sully's paperwork would be pristine and if you let them through there'd be an article in the in-game paper about massive property damage and the disappearance of a national treasure, but otherwise no effect.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
I wonder if Drake keeps a list somewhere that documents all the things he has or has not hit with a speeding car.

Episode 14: Say Cheese!.....Cut Commentary.....Baldurdash

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Way to gently caress up Nathan.

Also, it kinda looks like him in Monkey Island 2.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Nov 14, 2016

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I really appreciate that Elena's reaction is less angry or surprised and far more fed up. They've been through a lot together, and Nate keeps on pulling this crap over and over. It's to the point that she nearly expects it, despite a hope to be wrong.

Juxtaposing that incredible setpiece, a moment of excitement and pure actionized enjoyment, next to that sudden "I hosed up" scene... It's fantastic, really shoving you into Nate's mindset.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

And yeah, she's totally gonna get attacked or kidnapped. Woe to shoreline if she manages to get her hands on a gun though.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

We're Just Running In The 90's
My god what a gorgeous game. The story is great so far, and the action sequences are really cool, but I keep finding myself blown away by the small details. The legible text message, the fire, the facial animations, hell; Elena's eyes actually got redder and glassier as she began to cry.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

They already put Jaws on wheels. Or, to be specific, Spielberg put an evil, unstoppable truck in the water.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Holy moly.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is probably my favorite game this year and this vid has everything I love about it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I find that this where the game goes from very good to great. really good set piece and the character interactions are all great

DialTheDude
Jan 12, 2014

PORK RICE BOWLS

Lipstick Apathy
Yo Naughty Dog,

We get it. You looked up every definition, permutation, and possibility of the word 'detail'. If you kept going any more above and beyond to please us, you'd reach some sort of 4th plane of existence and I'd rather you not see that kind of power and go mad.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Pretty wise of them to draw the line at that game and ignore the rest.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This part is amazing but a nightmare on Crushing mode.

Also we all knew Elena would find out, but I didn't expect it to be that sad.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Eh, looks more like a flooring inspector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

DialTheDude posted:

Yo Naughty Dog,

We get it. You looked up every definition, permutation, and possibility of the word 'detail'. If you kept going any more above and beyond to please us, you'd reach some sort of 4th plane of existence and I'd rather you not see that kind of power and go mad.

Pretty wise of them to draw the line at that game and ignore the rest.

It does have some details that are clearly from the 2010 image, such as the gold striation things on the cuffs and the fuller beard. Then again, that one is clearly based upon the #2 appearance, so good on them either way.

• Locked thread