Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

Did I just do your job for you?

Tired Moritz posted:

idk, just make a throwaway email and attached it to a random nintendo account?

Voodoo posted:

If you mash same-star units, you get the +1, etc. Is that just "additional stats"?

I would guess if you use a 3rd party program to browse into your phone's files, you could in theory backup/remove/replace the player data .xml file that is basically your account file.

Thanks,

Used email method for now. May try the second when I'm in front of a computer. hopefully Nintendo doesn't ban me. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Voodoo posted:

If you mash same-star units, you get the +1, etc. Is that just "additional stats"?

I would guess if you use a 3rd party program to browse into your phone's files, you could in theory backup/remove/replace the player data .xml file that is basically your account file.

Doing this automatically gives you 803-3001 fwiw. Don't do this. Make a throwaway nintendo account and link it there if you wanna hold onto it, or leave your window open and click buttons every now and then and open a new instance of the emu.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
As someone who's never played an FE game before, the combat is loving awesome.

I'm currently running a 5* Camilla along with a 5* singer (forget the name...), a 4* mage, and a 3* healer. Camilla is a beast -- She basically solos maps with the Singer giving her an extra move (I love that ability) and the healer keeping her topped off. Enemy damage is getting pretty intense now at world 5.

Are there any particularly strong skills/abilities/passives you guys have found?

e: typos

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 3, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This game seems alright.

Opened 3 five star dudes right off the bat

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
asked this before but didn't get an answer. if I use the nox emulator for rerolling can I transfer that account to an ios device or is it for android only?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Mr. Unlucky posted:

asked this before but didn't get an answer. if I use the nox emulator for rerolling can I transfer that account to an ios device or is it for android only?

Syncing to a nintendo account should allow you to share an account on iOS and Android afaik.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Norns posted:

This game seems alright.

Opened 3 five star dudes right off the bat

The truest mobage experience

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
loving lol close counter on takumi

ive never really had a lucky start on mobile games but Roy/Lyn/Takumi/Lissa at the moment seems like itll at least carry me through the early throes of the game. would have loved to have a camilla for mobility/triangle coverage but honestly takumi just murderfucks everyone

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Holy crap, healers own

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My current team is 5* Lucina, 5* Takumi, and then two others, which is currently 4* Gwendolyn and Beruka. Once they hit 20, I'm gonna switch them out for two other 4*s.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I rolled up a 5* Roy and threw my code up in the spreadsheet. 9864505882 for anyone too lazy to go check that out. Roy is beastly, but 4* Frederick has been a monster as well. He came with a hammer, so he just shreds anyone in heavy armor. The extra mounted movement is huge too.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
What's the lowest you should settle for on a roll? I got a 4* Gordin and some cool 3*s but I don't know if they matter.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Rolled up a 5* Robin. He's been pretty drat good actually and Blárraven is awesome for killing stuff.

And now I suppose it's time to wait until Christmas so I can get a shot at Christmas!Robin and see whether his christmas tree is supposed to be a sword or a lance.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
So, what's the deal with merging? I got some duplicates, and I was able to merge 2 3-stars together, but I have 2 5-star Marths and 2 4-star Florinas, and the next button is disabled. Do they need to reach a certain level, or is there a cost they're not showing me or something?

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If you are actively rerolling, I would aim for at least one 5*. Since the main way to get feathers right now seems to be through Arena, having at least one 5* unit to get feathers to upgrade your 3* and 4* is probably a good idea. If you just want to get through the story mode, then multiple 4*s is probably good enough.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

TVs Ian posted:

So, what's the deal with merging? I got some duplicates, and I was able to merge 2 3-stars together, but I have 2 5-star Marths and 2 4-star Florinas, and the next button is disabled. Do they need to reach a certain level, or is there a cost they're not showing me or something?

Gotta unfavorite 4+*s if you wanna merge or sell them. Go to their profile and uncheck the hart. Automatically done for those.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I bought 10 orbs because goddammit I wanted to roll and it's a good thing I did because I FINALLY got a healer. 4* Serra, yess

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Senerio posted:

Gotta unfavorite 4+*s if you wanna merge or sell them. Go to their profile and uncheck the hart. Automatically done for those.

That did it, thanks!

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Rolled the 5* Tiki Dragon Scion after 10+ tries. Rerolling tip: if you know that you're rolling for only ex. red characters (Lucina, Tiki, Tharja, etc) you can always just back out of the summoning menus and start a new summon once you're out of that color. You lose some orb efficiency but it's another chance to pull without having to reset

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

aaaand my first 5* unit is Sakura. Thanks game, I really needed that fourth healer. Also the description for Physic is a loving lie

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
How do you save rerolled accounts?

I've got a 5* tiki, a 4* camila, a 4* Roy and another 4* tiki which is a great pull, but equally I really wanted to start with Lucina.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yorkshire Tea posted:

How do you save rerolled accounts?

I've got a 5* tiki, a 4* camila, a 4* Roy and another 4* tiki which is a great pull, but equally I really wanted to start with Lucina.

Make a My Nintendo account with a throwaway email address, and associate the account with that. Note that you probably want to do a full uninstall reroll after that, instead of the root method.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Datamined

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean she's already in the game, just as an enemy

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Just rolled 4* Nowi, 4* Palla and 4* Robin, should I take that to start off or is it really a good idea to go for at least 15* to start off like in P&D for instance?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Does this mean the next step for the Fire Emblem franchise is an Anime?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Reik posted:

They already did that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InDBx0jXKrY

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Reik posted:

You missed out on Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE it seems.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So basically with the whole 803-3101 thing the only answer is to link the game to a Nintendo account and keep uninstalling/reinstalling the game every time it happens until they release a patch?
Because yeah, kinda gently caress that.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh, gently caress yes. I got Marth!!! I love this game.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Tae posted:

Datamined

the datamining that matters is the christmas event art.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Agoat posted:

What's the lowest you should settle for on a roll?

1 healer

Everything else is just waifu-chasing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Note that powerful enough characters can make up for a the lack of a healer for quite a while at least--I didn't get my first healer until chapter 7 and didn't really have any trouble (in normal mode) because of my 5-star Lucina and Oboro with rally defense.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ahahahahahahahahaha

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Not even going to question it, this is what I start with. I even got the Awakening buddy cop team. Lucina can wait.

KingReploid
Jan 18, 2013

"X" possesses great risks as well as great possibilities.
Remember to only roll with 20 orbs so you get all 5 spots! I've added my code to the spreadsheet. I just need to roll a decent healer and AoE now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TFRazorsaw posted:

ahahahahahahahahaha

It's true though

For like, three chapters right at the end of FE6

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

For a non-lord, Catria really has a nice skill list. Rolled a 4* version of her earlier and, while her level ups have only been mediocre (lvl 24 - HP 28, Atk 28,Spd 22,Def 19, Res 13) she's still performing decently because the skills are so complimentary. If I ever get a 5* version, or eventually rank-up this one, I'm hoping the stat ups end up better so she can be the true murder machine she is in the actual game.

She's got the New Moon/Luna special and a Killer Lance, so she's ignoring a huge chunk of Def quite often, and she's got Armored Blow and Seal Attack to charge most things relatively safely and then massively debuff them for their turn.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 3, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Any check out what the later castle upgrades give or is just straight XP boosts? I just did the first two cheap ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

Any check out what the later castle upgrades give or is just straight XP boosts? I just did the first two cheap ones.

straight up XP boosts. A waste if you just want more dudes since they halved training stamina costs.

I did my pull today, only 4 stars but Peri seems really good skill-wise and Lisa/Mari seem like upgrades over Wrys with better skills.