Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
1 x 11 - Tidus BSB2 dupe

10 pulls without a single disco, 9 of which were 1/11 with just 1 rainbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Galuf USB, WoL GSB, and a dupe Seph SSB. Not bad. The USB is really good for Torments because now I don't need Gogo or Krile for hastega.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Galuf LMR dupe, Hope LMR.

Phbbbbbttttt

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Cloud Glint, Hope SSB. Well, one's not bad.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Squall USB1 (dupe), Pecil BSB1. Disappointing.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bartz BSB4 (the fire one), Sephiroth USB1. Decent.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Bartz BSB1, Squall SSB. Ergh. I was even hugging my cat for luck.

Free stats at least.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 22, 2018

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Palom ssb. Also a dupe.

Never pull.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Tidus chain and bartz bsb3 but unfortunately both dupes

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

pecil bsb1 / 11

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
Pceil USB1 (dupe), Hope LMR, Tidus BSB1, and Hope BSB1(dupe).

I don't know what it is, but if Hope is on a Lucky Draw, I'm getting a relic for him. I now have a BSB+ complete Hope and I'm still too cheap to make a second Madeen for him.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
3/11: Dupe Squall BSB2, Pecil LMR, Warrior of Light USB

Ok :confused:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

galuf SSB (dupe), squall OSB and a dupe LMR for someone; that disco was such a tease

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Hope USB and Galuf BSB. I can live with that.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
is it actually worth pulling on this lucky draw?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Unless you are a relatively new player, generaly no unless you happen to get lucky.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

fridge corn posted:

is it actually worth pulling on this lucky draw?

I'm of the opinion that it's almost always worth pulling on luckies. This one has a fairly narrow pool with a lot of really good ones in it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Hmmm, something to think about. in other news since I've finished farming Isgebind looking to put together a taimat team. Is taimat mostly physical or magic? What resist accessories? Heard last stand is really good for this fight but I don't have any instant cast source of it so I was gonna double up on healers again and so something like this :

Squall: BSB2, enIce LMR, LD
Snow: CSB, BSB
Ramza/OK: Shout, LMR/ pUSB (no LMR :() - entrust bot
Aphmau: USB
Lenna: USB

but dunno if there's enough dps in this team, also fairly soul gauge heavy. Looking for at least a ~35s clear or less, any more than that and its too unpredictable/waste of time. Laguna CSB would solve all my problems, whens the next chance at that?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Mixed offense, it mainly spams an aoe wind magic move & and an aoe physical fire move - you'll want wind resist on accessories & some dampen fire on your magicide. Tiamat will also randomly debuff one of your characters, if Squall gets hit with the first atk debuff might as well just restart. Same if it silences your healer - yea it can randomly decide to do that, too. :argh:

What eventually worked for me was running two entrusters instead of two healers - might give a light entrust to Snow to get his chain going, after that you'll be double entrusting your healer to just spam their medica each turn. Squall would ideally start with snowspell strikes until he can bsb and should be self sufficient.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Hmmm, something to think about. in other news since I've finished farming Isgebind looking to put together a taimat team. Is taimat mostly physical or magic? What resist accessories? Heard last stand is really good for this fight but I don't have any instant cast source of it so I was gonna double up on healers again and so something like this :

Squall: BSB2, enIce LMR, LD
Snow: CSB, BSB
Ramza/OK: Shout, LMR/ pUSB (no LMR :() - entrust bot
Aphmau: USB
Lenna: USB

but dunno if there's enough dps in this team, also fairly soul gauge heavy. Looking for at least a ~35s clear or less, any more than that and its too unpredictable/waste of time. Laguna CSB would solve all my problems, whens the next chance at that?

Check my post history for the advice I gave a few days ago. You've got Aphmau USB, Squall BSB, and an ice chain so you can easily sub 30. Also don't bring Shout or any other buff that's just +ATK because Absorb Strength will overwrite it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Avalerion posted:

Mixed offense, it mainly spams an aoe wind magic move & and an aoe physical fire move - you'll want wind resist on accessories & some dampen fire on your magicide. Tiamat will also randomly debuff one of your characters, if Squall gets hit with the first atk debuff might as well just restart. Same if it silences your healer - yea it can randomly decide to do that, too. :argh:

What eventually worked for me was running two entrusters instead of two healers - might give a light entrust to Snow to get his chain going, after that you'll be double entrusting your healer to just spam their medica each turn. Squall would ideally start with snowspell strikes until he can bsb and should be self sufficient.

good stuff thanks

Fister Roboto posted:

Check my post history for the advice I gave a few days ago. You've got Aphmau USB, Squall BSB, and an ice chain so you can easily sub 30. Also don't bring Shout or any other buff that's just +ATK because Absorb Strength will overwrite it.

Yeah, just had the thought of bringing Tyro (with wall and LMR) as my entruster and RWing Fabula raider instead of the wall

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
This shucky paw gave me Cloud's BSSB1 and Tidus' Glint.

Tidus becomes even more water Rambo for me, I have his USB, OSB, and BSSB2. How would I fit the Glint into this? Use that then USB then whichever the fight dictates to use?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

did a what the hell why not pull on the lucky draw

no dupes

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Lucky draw got me Cloud LMR (the dualcast wind one), Butts wind BSB, and Warrior of Light chain (my fourth chain!). Decided I was feeling lucky, threw 50 more mythril at ff7 banner 1, and got a dupe Angeal BSB, plus Cloud USB1, so between that and the dualcast LMR, my cloud's worth using now, as well!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Bartz Water Burst dupe but whatever, always lucky pull is my policy

e: also Jenova Synthesis and Bizarro Seph were nice to see at last and they got the music right. not done the harder difficulties yet, knocked out more realm stuff and got like two XIII2 Elites left. The latest Tactics Elites are rude. Which fits I guess since it's the notorious demon assassin twins

McDragon fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Aug 22, 2018

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Lucky Draw gave me Cloud's AOSB, Warrior of Light 1st-gen Chain. I'm pretty happy with this result!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cloud’s overstrike, which i already had. oof.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

dupe chicken suit, but that spear is probably going to be my best physical lightning tech

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I can’t do this pull with VIII coming in a few weeks!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

how good on a scale of 1 to Bartz is clouds USB2?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I got this from my draw last night as well and I'm curious how best to use it. I also have his USB1 and BSB2. As far as I can tell, the only relevant ability Cloud has to take advantage of the chase is the 5 star wind quadstrike, which unfortunately doesn't work with his LM2. It doesn't seem like it'd be worth the effort to build 2 bars to take advantage of the BSB commands being combat.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

fridge corn posted:

if he had 6* wind abilities like Snowspell Strike, he'd be about 1/4th of a Bartz. He doesn't, so he's slightly worse than that, which still puts him in contention for second best physical wind dps

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

fridge corn posted:

It's pretty good, especially considering the pool of other physical wind dps, it sucks he doesn't get SSS but rolling the 5* wind is still good, especially if you have his LM4.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

fridge corn posted:

I'd assume comparing just their USB's, Cloud would come ahead for having enwind.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Cloud gets enwind while Butz gets 2x cast speed, which is about 14% in Cloud's advantage (but only if there is no +wind gear equipped or now chain active). Cloud also has 20% more average damage on his chase. Cloud also does a lot more hits per second so he's better for chaining (but only if Butz doesn't have an LD). That being said, like others pointed out, the main point in Butz's favor is that he can use SSS, which is 38% more powerful than Raging Quadstrike and provides 20% more SB juice. The other big difference is that Butz can dualcast spellblades with a legend dive, while Cloud cannot. In a vacuum, I think Butz comes out ahead, so I'd give Cloud an 8 out of Butz.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Does anybody know the name of the track that plays on the The Boys Are Back screen?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It's FFX's version of the series perennial "(The) Prelude".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oDJE7TrXjI

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I have Cloud USB1, LMR1, LMR2, BSB2 and GSB. If going straight wind dps, what do you think my best LM options are? I'm guessing LM1 and LMR2 with the spellblade. Is LMR1 actually viable over LM1?

For reference LMR1 is chance to speedcast wind. LM1 is boost to physical dps.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Use LM2 (w-cast combat) and LMR2 (w-cast wind), build up 4 bars through whatever means, and then do USB->BSB->CMD1 spam. CMD1 is a wind combat ability, so it can proc both materia and have a chance to triple cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

The FFI event is dawning in JP and the Mobius cast gets some nice new toys, Master picks up some elements, Sarah gets some top-notch white mage/bard tech, and even Warrior of Light and Garland get new LMs! Poor Thief (I).
Most everything on banner 1 is new (Meia's LMR returns); Warrior of Light and Garland's LMRs are the only new relics on banner 2. Wol finally gets his legend spheres, too.
:siren:Balance Change: Wol gets Support 5.:siren:

Wol Legend Materia posted:

Wol LM1: PHY Damage +10%
Wol LM2: Haste & Instant Cast 3 at the start of battle
Wol LMR: Once per battle when HP falls below 20%, All Elemental Damage +25?%

Banner 1 posted:

Master's Kaiser Knuckles [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Earth/Fire/Lightning Overflow physical attacks
Meia's Sventovit [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Water Overflow magic attacks

Meia's Mellow Mermaid [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Water/NE magic attacks, En-Water & Lussack to user
Lussack: After using Water abilities, Casting Speed x2.0/2.5/3.0 & chases with 5 single-target Water/NE magic attacks
Echo's Fairy Echo [USB, +10 MAG] - MAG & DEF +30%, Protect, Haste and Quick Cast 2 to party
Wol's Sargatanas [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, ATK/MAG/MD -50%, Quick Cast & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Heavy Abilities
Level 0: Single-target Earth/Holy physical attack
Level 1: 3 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, DEF -40%
Level 2: 6 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, DEF -40%
Level 3: 10 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, ATK/MAG/DEF -70%

Sarah's Shining Staff [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal & Last Stand to party, Instant Cast, Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use White Magic or Bard abilities
Level 0: Single-target h25 heal, Instant Cast
Level 1: h25 heal to party, Instant Cast
Level 2: h55 heal to party, Instant Cast
Level 3: h55 heal & Instant Cast to party, Instant Cast

Master's Faerie Claws [Glint, +10 ATK] - Critical Chance +100% for 2 turns & Weakness Damage +30% to user, Instant Cast
Meia's High Tide [Glint, +10 MAG] - 6 single-target Water/NE magic attacks, Instant Cast, En-Water & En-Water Stack to user
Sarah's Rune Staff [Glint, +10 MND] - Shell, Haste & 30% Stoneskin to party, Instant Cast

Wol's Rogue Guise [BSB, +10 ATK] - ATK +50% & Haste to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, +1 Heavy
Defend -> 4 single-target Earth/Holy physical attacks, ATK & MAG -?/?% under 1/2 Heavy, resets counter

Master's Soldier's Gloves [LMR, +10 ATK] - PHY Damage +20% with Fist equipped
Wol's Sirius [LMR, +10 ATK] - Once per battle when HP falls below 20%, All Elemental Damage +25?%
Echo's Nirvana [LMR, +10 MAG] - Haste & Instant Cast 1 at the start of battle
Meia's Vesna Krasna [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Water for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Banner 2 posted:

Warrior of Light's Save the Queen [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Holy Overflow physical attacks
Garland's Chaosbringer [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Dark Overflow physical attacks

Garland's Rune Axe [CSB, +10 ATK] - 22 single-target Dark physical attacks, activates Dark Limit Chain (99) & 20% Dark Field

Garland's Rebellion [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark & Grip of Chaos to user
Grip of Chaos: After using Darkness abilities, Quick Cast 1 & chases with 2 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks + restores HP for 20% of damage dealt
Warrior of Light's Guise [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, En-Holy & EX "Prophesied Warrior" to user
EX "Prophesied Warrior": Knight Ability Boost & chases with single-target Overflow attack when status is removed, damage is equals to 35% of Holy damage dealt during it
Matoya's Gaia Gear [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning magic attacks, MAG & RES +30%, Crystal Power & Tceles Nottub B to user
Crystal Power: Quick Cast 1 after using Witch abilities
Tceles Nottub B: If weakness is exploited, chases with 4 single-target Fire/Ice/Lightning magic attacks

Garland's Claymore [BSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, En-Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, +1 Chain Cast, maximum 3 stacks
Defend -> 4~7 single-target Dark/NE physical attacks, number of hits/multiplier/critical rate is dependent on Chain Cast Level

Sarah's Light Robe [BSB, +10 MND] - h55 heal & Magic Blink 1 to party, MND & RES +30% to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h80 heal & High Regen, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Warrior of Light's Crystal Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - When receiving damage from enemy, ?% chance to chase with 3 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks + 1500 heal to party
Garland's Demon Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Warrior of Light's Flame Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Garland's Demon Mail [LMR, +10 ATK] - Once per battle when HP falls below 20%, auto 100% HP recovery and Quick Cast for 25 seconds
Sarah's Princess Veil [LMR, +10 MND] - When using Bard abilities, 25% chance to cast h25 heal to party
Matoya's Hat [LMR, +10 MAG] - Witch Damage +25% with Staff equipped

It's fairly a lot of elemental gear, too:
Meia AOSB: Water+ Rod
Meia USB: Water+ Light Armor
Wol USB2: Earth+ Dagger
Wol BSB2: Earth+ Light Armor
Meia LMR: Water+ Light Armor

Warrior of Light AOSB: Holy+ Sword
Garland AOSB: Dark+ Sword
Garland USB: Dark+ Sword
Warrior of Light USB2: Holy+ Heavy Armor
Garland BSB2: Dark+ Sword
Sarah BSB: Holy+ Robe

Garland CSB: RS Dark+ Axe
Matoya USB: Petrify- Robe
Warrior of Light LMR3: Dark- Shield
Garland LMR3: Holy- Shield
Warrior of Light LMR2: Fire- Shield
Sarah LMR: Dark- Hat

Few other balance changes coming:
Balance Change:
Element icon is now 1/2/3/4/5/6 instead of +/1/1+/2/2+/3
Balance Change: Air Time can no longer be manipulated

There'll be a Niconico Livestream on 10th September, 2000hrs JST - 4th anniversary will be covered.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 23, 2018