Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Larryb posted:

Who's the guy in purple and the pink haired girl next to Glomgold?

Professor Exclamation from Hamster and Gretel, and one of the antagonists from Descendants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Related, it’s weird we still don’t have a release date for Molly McGee S2 despite Disney putting out two clips of it already and IMDB already having an (allegedly) complete episode list available

As for the topic of the thread, it’s looking like The Owl House will finally be closing its doors early next month (I’m hoping the finale’s a little longer than the previous two episodes as we’ve still got a lot of ground to cover)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

TwoPair posted:

It makes so much sense that proto-Lilith was gonna be the principal. It fits with her season 1 cold professional vibe

A lot of Lilith makes more sense if she was supposed to be anything other than head of the Emperor's Coven.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Funky Valentine posted:

A lot of Lilith makes more sense if she was supposed to be anything other than head of the Emperor's Coven.

Honestly that makes sense from her end. Lilith has always been something of a Teacher's Pet. Of course she'd want to be with the ultimate "teacher."

Meanwhile, Belos wanted her close to him to keep an eye on her and to make sure things unfolded in a way to make sure she and Luz went back to the past to provide the key to empowering him... so that he could murder almost everyone in the Boiling Isles.

God, Belos really is such a spiteful bigoted rear end in a top hat, isn't he?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Everyone posted:

Honestly that makes sense from her end. Lilith has always been something of a Teacher's Pet. Of course she'd want to be with the ultimate "teacher."

Meanwhile, Belos wanted her close to him to keep an eye on her and to make sure things unfolded in a way to make sure she and Luz went back to the past to provide the key to empowering him... so that he could murder almost everyone in the Boiling Isles.

God, Belos really is such a spiteful bigoted rear end in a top hat, isn't he?

Maybe we can get Teacher Lilith in the post-ending time skip?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m almost positive we get some kind of timeskip at the end though I’m not sure where Luz will ultimately end up (I’m guessing either teaching at Hexside or taking over the titular Owl House from Eda). I hope we get to see Vee one more time as well

I could also potentially see the coven system sticking around in a limited form (so no more magic sealing and membership is optional)

As for the actual finale I hope Luz’s two moms get to team up (Season 3 Camila is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 3, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The final episode has an official name and release date:

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVANews/status/1633503594790961154?s=20

Also to clarify, the release date is April 8th as opposed to August 4th (the person who manages this account isn’t American)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 9, 2023

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

11 years ???

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sockser posted:

11 years ???

I assume they mean 11 years of Disney TV animation (as with this Disney has nearly killed off all of its serialized shows)

Also the person running this account isn’t American so they go date/month instead of month/date. The finale will air on April 8th

The final message of the show is “Thanks For Watching” (they’re going by the first word this time instead of the first letter)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 8, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
"Serialized animation is some of our most popular programming ever which is why we are completely shitcanning it :downs: :downs:"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Happy Landfill posted:

"Serialized animation is some of our most popular programming ever which is why we are completely shitcanning it :downs: :downs:"

Technically they’re just shuffling it all over to D+ now, still stupid though

Nice that we’re getting basically an hour long finale though and hopefully they can at least give the show as good a sendoff as they can given the circumstances

I’m still hoping they release some kind of book later on like Gravity Falls, Star VS, and Amphibia did though (Phillip’s journal, Amity’s diary, or an actual Azura book could be neat)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 8, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I would read the poo poo out of an Azura book

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Happy Landfill posted:

I would read the poo poo out of an Azura book

Apparently there was actually going to be one a little while back but if I recall correctly they pulled out after it became clear the publisher they were working with was screwing them out of wages

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Larryb posted:

The final episode has an official name and release date:

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVANews/status/1633503594790961154?s=20

It's coming out in August?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Covok posted:

It's coming out in August?

April 8th, as I mentioned in another post the person who manages the account isn’t American and thus writes the date as day/month

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Slightly off topic but Disney animation Production workers are trying to Unionize and are collecting signitures, if anyone wants to add their name

https://twitter.com/vicehii/status/1633538560946233346?s=20

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Happy Landfill posted:

Slightly off topic but Disney animation Production workers are trying to Unionize and are collecting signitures, if anyone wants to add their name

https://twitter.com/vicehii/status/1633538560946233346?s=20

I hope they strike, the last time Disney animators struck they made fun picket signs.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And the April 8th date for the finale has been confirmed:

https://twitter.com/danaterrace/status/1634114987554922497?s=46&t=ba5Kkp5VQUwSNk2YvlDo6w

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 10, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also as one would expect, Dana has finally left Disney:

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 10, 2023

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
wow. I am so surprised. can't believe a creator would bail on a company that unceremoniously shitcanned her show. :geno:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TwoPair posted:

wow. I am so surprised. can't believe a creator would bail on a company that unceremoniously shitcanned her show. :geno:

I’m hoping she at least finds a better company to work with and does another project one day (she hasn’t mentioned anything about her post TOH plans has she?)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also to be more specific, she’s leaving because her contract ended and she wants to take a break for a little while (she’s expressed interest in possibly doing more stuff in the future like comics and a young Eda series)

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Larryb posted:

Also as one would expect, Dana has finally left Disney:

Wish nothing but good things for her in the future. Hate how things ended but I'm glad she can take some time for herself

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Happy Landfill posted:

Wish nothing but good things for her in the future. Hate how things ended but I'm glad she can take some time for herself

Same, and I’m hoping the finale’s as good a sendoff as it can be given the circumstances (and if she later decides to go through with some of the ideas I mentioned above then all the better)

I’ve actually been liking Season 3 so far for the most part (unrestrained Camila has quickly become one of my favorite characters and I hope she gets to interact with Eda at some point) so I have faith in the crew at least.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah, Season 3 is good despite Disney loving them. Would have been awesome to see more of the magic kids in the human world. It sucks to see that they had so much planned and had to cut it.

Also wonder if Vee will get some payoff. Would have loved to see the extent of her storyline

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Happy Landfill posted:

Yeah, Season 3 is good despite Disney loving them. Would have been awesome to see more of the magic kids in the human world. It sucks to see that they had so much planned and had to cut it.

Also wonder if Vee will get some payoff. Would have loved to see the extent of her storyline

I’m actually curious how much of Season 3 (and even Season 2 for that matter) had to be rewritten/reworked due to the show getting cut short, it might be nice if Dana gave us some info on what could have been once all is said and done

And yes, I’m also hoping Vee gets some role in the finale as well (we also still don’t know why the Collector got sealed in the first place since the most recent episode makes it seem like he ISN’T the same one that helped the Titan Trappers and captured the owl beast)

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'd be really interested to hear about how much the story changed with the cancellation. I know The Collector stuff got added, but I'd love to hear more about how they pulled things together. I don't envy that task but given the circumstances they did a pretty good job. Since she's still interested in the possibility of comics, maybe should could go back and backfill some of the Season 3 stuff they didn't get to do--like the cut human world stuff and things like Hexside rising up. There's a lot of ways that could go.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The full Phillip/Caleb/Evelyn story could make for a good comic as well

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/1634298084598358025?s=20

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

That was a nice read. There's another couple of questions in the comments if anyone missed em.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looks like it’s gonna come down to the OG trio in the end, seems appropriate:

Hopefully Camila, Amity and the rest of the kids get some decent stuff to do as well and aren’t turned into puppets or something

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Molly McGee resumes a week before TOH ends and Disney just released the official trailer for it. As such, I imagine we should be getting something for this as well fairly soon now

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the finale will be up on D+ the day after it airs:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Larryb posted:

Also the finale will be up on D+ the day after it airs:

In the US. What about the rest of us? Are they going to put it up on Youtube like they did with the Amphibia finale? (please say yes).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yvonmukluk posted:

In the US. What about the rest of us? Are they going to put it up on Youtube like they did with the Amphibia finale? (please say yes).

Literally every other episode from Season 3 was officially up on YouTube at least a few days after it aired on TV so I’m not sure why this would be any different

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
God knows how long it will stay on Youtube or when it will go on D+ though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

God knows how long it will stay on Youtube or when it will go on D+ though.

Are King’s Tide, Thanks To Them, and/or For The Future still up on Disney’s Youtube page out of curiosity? I’m not sure how long they keep those uploaded for

Also for that matter, is the rest of Season 3 on D+ outside of the US yet?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Larryb posted:

Are King’s Tide, Thanks To Them, and/or For The Future still up on Disney’s Youtube page out of curiosity? I’m not sure how long they keep those uploaded for

Thanks to Them was up right before the premiere of For the Future (I re-watched it as a refresher), but when I checked back again right after the premiere, it was privatized, and the new episode was up in its place.

King's Tide doesn't seem to be there either, though I'm not certain it ever was on youtube in full, at least not on their official channel.

For the Future currently remains up on their official youtube channel in full (and with close to 6m views). I'm assuming they're gonna privatize that too once the finale premieres and then have the whole thing on D+.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CidGregor posted:

Thanks to Them was up right before the premiere of For the Future (I re-watched it as a refresher), but when I checked back again right after the premiere, it was privatized, and the new episode was up in its place.

King's Tide doesn't seem to be there either, though I'm not certain it ever was on youtube in full, at least not on their official channel.

For the Future currently remains up on their official youtube channel in full (and with close to 6m views). I'm assuming they're gonna privatize that too once the finale premieres and then have the whole thing on D+.

I seem to recall them releasing King’s Tide on YouTube just a little bit before Season 3 started but I could be wrong. But yeah, I see no reason for them to not to put the finale up there temporarily as well.

I expect we’ll be getting a trailer before too long now as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Larryb posted:

Also for that matter, is the rest of Season 3 on D+ outside of the US yet?
Nope, at least not in Australia.

It seems like Disney Channel stuff is handled differently. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur isn't on D+ here yet either, despite what a bunch of boticles claim (though not the boticles that say D+ isn't here at all).