Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ZenVulgarity posted:

How did he have time counting down your favorite hits

Welp. Now every time I see him get sacked I have to say "All your favorite hits, from all your favorite stars" in a Casey Kasem voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Coaches are loving retarded sometimes:

quote:

[The Packers] tried rookie receiver Davante Adams on punt returns in last week's preseason opener at Tennessee, but it was a disaster. The second-round pick muffed both of his attempts and then injured his wrist on the second one.

To be fair, Adams had not taken a single rep with the punt return team in practice leading up to that game (he had caught punts on his own off the side) and then was thrown in during a heavy-rain storm in Nashville.

When asked why he put Adams out there for the first punt, Slocum said: "It's a tough game played by tough men. You've got to step up and respond."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It builds character.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Sometimes you just do not have a punt returner on your roster. See the 2013 Washington Redskins.

It was so bad the coaches were telling them to just let the punt bounce and let the other team down it. :downs:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Should've had him just rub some dirt on that wrist

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Parlett316 posted:

Sometimes you just do not have a punt returner on your roster. See the 2013 Washington Redskins.

It was so bad the coaches were telling them to just let the punt bounce and let the other team down it. :downs:

Packers have Cobb, so it was more of a dick move by the coach than that I think.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It's preseason who gives a poo poo? Play jazz out there.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Packers have Cobb, so it was more of a dick move by the coach than that I think.

Cobb is an actual receiver now, no reason to risk him on returns.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

CharlestheHammer posted:

I see this sentiment all the time. Is the injury rate on returns really that much higher than the injury rate for catching balls? Cobb lost 10 games last season on a routine catch.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Brannock posted:

I see this sentiment all the time. Is the injury rate on returns really that much higher than the injury rate for catching balls? Cobb lost 10 games last season on a routine catch.

I would think its just that the payoff for kick/Punt returns are much lower. They can be useful, but for the most part they aren't. Especially for a team who has a decent offense.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Sure, but if the team wants a shot at a good return, Cobb is the only Packer I know of capable of doing that. Eagles were using Desean sometimes last year; I imagine Cobb will get his reps on ST.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Hyde was pretty good last year.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

MourningView posted:

Hyde was pretty good last year.

Seems like they'll be using Harris on kickoffs and Hyde / Cobb on returns. McCarthy made some comments to the effect of "you've got to use your best guys," so unless a rookie steps up it'll likely be them again. Both are good punt returners.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Falcons sign veteran tackle Pat McQuistan

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/8/18/6032941/falcons-place-sam-baker-on-injured-reserve-sign-veteran-tackle-pat

Cowboys fans, break my heart.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Turn off safe search.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
At Giants camp. Eli looks great when nobody is rushing him.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

davecrazy posted:

Ugh. I really hope last year didn't break him for good.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

As long as he's not expected to do anything in an actual game you'll probably be ok

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rasczak posted:

As long as he's not expected to do anything in an actual game you'll probably be ok

I guess he's being signed to compete for the depth slot being vacated by whoever is being promoted to first-team right tackle.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

davecrazy posted:

Well then there's nothing to worry about.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@ArmandoSalguero 18m
Joe Philbin says Dolphins "don't have a first-team right guard right now."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

It's a good thing you've got a lot of confidence in the offensive line. Bullet dodged there, man.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So rookie slot receiver and punt returner Jalen Saunders got into a non-vehicle accident on the way to the Jets practice facility on Friday. Police said he had a "medical incident" that caused him to go off the road and was conscious when medical personnel arrived. He was held at the hospital for monitoring and released yesterday. Rex already ruled him out for Friday's game as a precaution but they still haven't said what the cause was.

Seizure? Either way it doesn't bode well.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...al_event_w.html

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Eli high fived me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

davecrazy posted:

Eli high fived me.

Who was he actually trying to connect with?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

E:phone posting

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

drat

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

FizFashizzle posted:

Excellent. :golfclap:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chris James 2 posted:

@ArmandoSalguero 18m
Joe Philbin says Dolphins "don't have a first-team right guard right now."

Because it's an open competition between two or three guys.

Shelley Smith will probably get his shot with the first team in the next game.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

That is beautiful.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ozu posted:

So rookie slot receiver and punt returner Jalen Saunders got into a non-vehicle accident on the way to the Jets practice facility on Friday. Police said he had a "medical incident" that caused him to go off the road and was conscious when medical personnel arrived. He was held at the hospital for monitoring and released yesterday. Rex already ruled him out for Friday's game as a precaution but they still haven't said what the cause was.

Seizure? Either way it doesn't bode well.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/20...al_event_w.html

A girl I knew in high schoold had something similar happen, except that it was a brain aneurism and she died either from that or from then running her car into a ditch at over 45 mph.

So, the good news is that he lived!

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Ehud posted:

Because it's an open competition between two or three guys.

Shelley Smith will probably get his shot with the first team in the next game.

Billy Turner is the right answer.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FizFashizzle posted:

:derp::derp::derp::derp::derp:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

FizFashizzle posted:

:drat:
Ice cold

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
For some reason Panthers fans love Kealoha Pilares and it blows my mind.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he has a pretty cool name, idk man

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Colt Lyerla was waived by the Packers.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
For poor performance or character issues? Or are the packers bringing Finley back?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

For poor performance or character issues? Or are the packers bringing Finley back?

ACL/MCL/Cocaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

zimbomonkey posted:

I think it's an injury cut. He tore up his knee pretty badly.

• Locked thread