Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Nerses IV posted:

I often determine fixes to problems by ignoring the underlying causes

Access to guns is absolutely an underlying cause. There are plenty more like lack of access to proper healthcare and a broken public school system but hey good thing we can tackle multiple problems at once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Have Blue posted:

Access to guns is absolutely an underlying cause. There are plenty more like lack of access to proper healthcare and a broken public school system but hey good thing we can tackle multiple problems at once!

So the gun makes them do it

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't know we can tackle multiple problems at once, that's freakin' great

Let's start with healthcare and the justice system, and then see if gun control's still a problem after that

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
In conclusion, the Gun Violence Archive is retarded

TIME ELAPSED: 33 minutes

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
does asbestos affect the brain or is this another outlier

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

other people posted:

They call it "galaxy brain syndrome"

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

other people posted:

I think we have extensive proof that statistics are whatever you want them to be so if you want to say Nerses is retarded due to asbestos congratulations, the statistics support you.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VictorianQueerLit posted:

The D&D special. War through attrition.

The way to do it is to never give up and win by default when people quit arguing with you. It doesn't matter if we are arguing about the specifics of the technical semantics of a tangent of a derail and they are trying to pretend that gun deaths don't matter to a gun death statistic when it doesn't even matter to this pointless argument as it would make America #3 instead of #4 on the list which still disproves their initial assertion.

Obviously for this strategy to work it helps if you are unemployed

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Creamed Cormp posted:

all of that was just hypotheticals in the context of a tyrannical government using drones against their own population though???

like if I said "poo poo yeah I'd shoot hitler if he was still alive" would you report me to the police for conspiracy to murder???

politicians’ families are Hitler now

I mean I’m not an expert on the revolutionary war, but maybe the founders did intend to enshrine the right to terrorism, maybe some war crimes for spice. How many colonial governors’ families did GW order killed?

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Well, they threw some tea in the harbor....

Also, don't lie. Who among us wouldn't murder the Bush family when the sky starts falling

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Wait...so are guns good or bad?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Inarguably good

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

I knew it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Even if we ban guns he could have bombed us... makes you think!

• Locked thread