Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
phew i made it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh btw that post EtR edited back on D1 was them immediately linking the scumdoc

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the most powerful of scumslips

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
I wanted to kill jump king nightv2 and others wanted to be nice 2 town >:(

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I can’t believe you guys killed xopods D1 as the prophecies foretold

Also in retrospect I over powered flerp and he shouldn’t technically have won. I treat cults as a passive thing when I use them so they don’t disrupt the game, but technically with Hal being untargetable it probably shouldn’t have worked. Scum still would have won but that last day would have gone different

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
actually, quick question, why did bee minus not flip cult d3 when i culted him n2?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I treat my cults passive so no OOT communication or alignment changes. Unless it’s a cult only game it’s the only way to do it without sour grapes from everyone

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

@Toal/Grandi:

I told you RF likes all town unconfirmed masonries!!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You got lucky :colbert:

I like Masonries that mess with people’s perceptions about what masonries are/should be. Sometimes that’s three all town but not always

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

MisterJed posted:

Cool I was wrong about everything.

Retro Futurist posted:

You were good though, join the new game we need more like you

Agreed! Sorry for calling you scum D1 but it's really a backwards compliment cause I thought you seemed to know the ropes too well for a newbie unless someone was helping you out. Looking forward to seeing how you do in Karens.

And don't feel bad about being wrong about everything. I was wrong about everything too. I PMed RF after I died that the scum would turn out to be you, Grandicap and Jump King. So I batted .000 this game.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

xopods posted:

Agreed! Sorry for calling you scum D1 but it's really a backwards compliment cause I thought you seemed to know the ropes too well for a newbie unless someone was helping you out. Looking forward to seeing how you do in Karens.

And don't feel bad about being wrong about everything. I was wrong about everything too. I PMed RF after I died that the scum would turn out to be you, Grandicap and Jump King. So I batted .000 this game.

Yeah no worries about calling me scum, and thanks for the kind words. I joined Karens on the strength of the OP, and I’ll have some fun with being the life coach.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

xopods posted:

xopods it was so hard on that first day trying to argue you as townie and make the case on ypm while you constantly battled me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh btw that post EtR edited back on D1 was them immediately linking the scumdoc

Absolutely incredible.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

Absolutely incredible.

Truly legendary

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Jump King posted:

xopods it was so hard on that first day trying to argue you as townie and make the case on ypm while you constantly battled me.

Sorry for that. In retrospect though, probably you can see why it would suddenly make me :tinfoil: when I'm casing YPM, some other people are casing me, but we're both pretty far from lunch and someone suddenly goes "welp, looks like it's either xopods or YPM, no one consider any other options... just pick from those two."

I shouldn't have focused on that to the point that it distracted me from YPM. I'd just been set up to lead a Town lunch D1 and then get lunched myself the following day in another game though so I was wary of walking into the same trap again.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I was convinced by the end of day 1 that there were multiple scum teams

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Thanks for the game Opop.

Thanks for the fun discussions mason buddies, I was sad when you died Toalp, and then sad when I died because we had some fun convos.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

I am flowing through this game like a leaf on the wind with like zero loving reads. Everyone feels like they are just chilling and not taking the game seriously.
The YPM thing with me and Toalp is the only thing that has really hinted scum at me but that was probably because I was so close to it. Still my strongest, and only, read of the day.

I like the feel of the drunk chat between flerp and Jump King. The flow was natural, likely due to the drinks, but it didn't seem like there was an undercurrent on either side of scumminess.
I like Mag's claim. I don't think that scum would do that.
So, I guess I have 3 town reads and 1 scum read d1.
Hold on, I'mma list em.

~~Grandicap's Pure Imitation Lumpen ListTM~~
Totally Townie
Me, your lovely neighborhood Grandicap
flerp
Jump King (MMM)
Mr. F (Mags)

Tentatively Trustable
Toalpaz
Sandwolf

Nominally Neutral
ETR/Hal
NLK (AA)
xopods

Suspiciously Sad
b-minus1
Mr. Jed
Tommu

Supposedly Scummy
YPM

That worthless post is my current thoughts on everyone. I feel bad doing it and am using as a replacement for actual strong reads, I feel dirty.

Hmmm, so this is my early case, looks like I did pretty well with my gut shot reads. Jed upgraded to totally townie for a good while, but the Tommu interaction downgraded him back again.

Still, I think this is one of my better accuracy games. Too bad I couldn't get people to follow me this time.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Grandicap posted:

Hmmm, so this is my early case, looks like I did pretty well with my gut shot reads. Jed upgraded to totally townie for a good while, but the Tommu interaction downgraded him back again.

Still, I think this is one of my better accuracy games. Too bad I couldn't get people to follow me this time.

I definitely felt the heat from you. However, maybe I’m wrong, but it seemed like you just kept coming in and saying I was scum without upgrading your case from early day 1 other than saying I was ducking the thread (which wasn’t because of the pressure, I just had some work stuff). I think if you provided some updated reasons you could have nailed me. Maybe I’m wrong though, I wasn’t the audience.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

xopods posted:

Sorry for that. In retrospect though, probably you can see why it would suddenly make me :tinfoil: when I'm casing YPM, some other people are casing me, but we're both pretty far from lunch and someone suddenly goes "welp, looks like it's either xopods or YPM, no one consider any other options... just pick from those two."

I shouldn't have focused on that to the point that it distracted me from YPM. I'd just been set up to lead a Town lunch D1 and then get lunched myself the following day in another game though so I was wary of walking into the same trap again.

Yeah I get that, It's definitely not the type of thing you're supposed to say out loud even if it does seem like it's going to be one of two people. I also obviously couldn't be like "don't worry I'll cop the other one"

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Your Personal Muse posted:

I definitely felt the heat from you. However, maybe I’m wrong, but it seemed like you just kept coming in and saying I was scum without upgrading your case from early day 1 other than saying I was ducking the thread (which wasn’t because of the pressure, I just had some work stuff). I think if you provided some updated reasons you could have nailed me. Maybe I’m wrong though, I wasn’t the audience.

This is a fair statement. Trying to ramp up my energy for this game was harder than usual just because the energy in the game was so much chiller than other games. Especially since I was in Shine and going balls to the wall there.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Grandi, JK, sandwolf, thanks for answering my questions during the game and helping me better understand why you thought someone is scum. It didn’t work lol but it helped

I was following the Social Distancing game in GBS from a few weeks ago, and after the game ended, Lumpen posted his chat log with whoever he was mentoring. He told him at the beginning of the game that since he was a town cop, he should post a lot. I wasn’t a cop but I thought since I had nothing to hide, I should just post. I still think it’s a good idea, but maybe I should post less weird poo poo next time? Eh maybe not

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MisterJed posted:

Grandi, JK, sandwolf, thanks for answering my questions during the game and helping me better understand why you thought someone is scum. It didn’t work lol but it helped

I was following the Social Distancing game in GBS from a few weeks ago, and after the game ended, Lumpen posted his chat log with whoever he was mentoring. He told him at the beginning of the game that since he was a town cop, he should post a lot. I wasn’t a cop but I thought since I had nothing to hide, I should just post. I still think it’s a good idea, but maybe I should post less weird poo poo next time? Eh maybe not

Nah always post more

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

You were great Jed. Don't change a thing.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Your posting, Jed, made it very hard for me to manufacture a case against you. It was only luck that we got the lunch down between you and F at the end.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah Jed you definitely understand this game and posting more is always good.

Honestly I think the lunch on you happened because of how much you seemed to get the game, it felt way like way higher of a level than most newbies are

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Interesting, thanks for your perspectives. I read games back... I don’t know, 2012 or so, but it seemed like it made sense to ask questions and post a lot. I’m looking forward to continuing the fun, and thanks for being so welcoming in this game

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i thought jed was clearly town

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Jump King posted:

i thought jed was clearly town

tbh me too and i felt bad for pushing him

i couldve lunched mr f, but i wasnt sure what the nk would be and wanted to have an out so i went for a different case

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Following along at home I was rooting for Jed, I assumed he was town.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

flerp posted:

You made a good point when I had said that we didn’t have anything to go on, but you reminded me that we had plenty to go on. It was just I had no strong reads on anybody

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

flerp posted:

i couldve lunched mr f, but i wasnt sure what the nk would be and wanted to have an out so i went for a different case

Boo mr f

Also shout out Hal he had me fooled after I was sue on ETR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Jump King posted:

Boo mr f

Also shout out Hal he had me fooled after I was sue on ETR

my tommu analysis was wrong, i admit