Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

But more to the point what on earth is the harm in telling us

There's no harm really. Not telling you guys yet might be working out for me, though, in terms of the discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

There's no harm really. Not telling you guys yet might be working out for me, though, in terms of the discussion.

depends on your definition of "working out" I suppose cuz it's a suspiciously weird move at this point in the game

##vote rwc

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Tired Moritz posted:

Well I'm not scum so Idk where this pressure is coming from

You have been absent the entire game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Well it seems like everyone were solving scum correctly, so why should I chime in with possible misreads

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
If there's any leftover investigative roles, they can check me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Imo this is GG for scum if it's between RWC and me

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Well, that didn't work. Sorry, Anarc. I tried to fix their tummy with my delicious brussel sprouts, but I guess it was too powerful...

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

I can't count so consider this a ghost vote on RWC for being weird about results because I don't want to accidentally put them in hammer range when it's only 4 to hammer. Votefinder hasn't updated in 7 hours rip.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Oh I'm dumb there's only one actual vote on RWC, everyone else was just talking about it. Toldja I couldn't count! ##vote rwc

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

..So TMor you wanna actually show up and say anything now that all your scumbos are out of the game?

Also I guess, investigators, got anything?

I tracked Mycelia, and they went to ANarc. I couldn't figure out why to do that, but I suppose:

mycelia posted:

Well, that didn't work. Sorry, Anarc. I tried to fix their tummy with my delicious brussel sprouts, but I guess it was too powerful...
this does make sense.

I asked mod what a doc visit on an already poisoned target would do, and got a cat gif back. Guess now I know.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

I don't want to vote for Rhymes yet, hoping they tell us the results from last night soon.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also I've flat out figured out everyone's role in the game besides TMor anyways so there's really no sense in hiding who you picked.

See, I keep thinking that as well, then someone flips and turns out I had it all wrong.

I fully thought SiV was the Selfish JOAT.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

...God I hate that our Gunsmith is staying quiet and our Tracker is only verifying other people's results after they posted it. I also REALLY wish I knew why your action failed on N2, Spork, cause unless you were jailed, that means the Selfish JOAT is around.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Well, we can't do anything until they posted which seemed to be deliberate. Imo we should wait but if they don't come back before deadline, we know what to do.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey TMor do you wanna just go ahead and claim at this point?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
normally I wouldnt mind but I need to see what RwC would claim first

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I kinda wish mycelia hadn't clamed until Spork gve results, but oh well.

The thing about cops/gunsmiths is that we can only completely trust guilty results, because godfathers exist. I'm a little leery of this because in a previous game I cleared one person when I outed a guilty one, and everybody relied on it till the end, leading to a town loss.

But my results show MQ as innocent.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Well, we can't do anything until they posted which seemed to be deliberate. Imo we should wait but if they don't come back before deadline, we know what to do.

I read this as "let's get her results before we kill her"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
....isnt this game an open setup? do we have a godfather in this game?

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

....isnt this game an open setup? do we have a godfather in this game?

In most cases the mod doesn't come right out and tell you if there's a GF. I know SIV doubged here was one, it being a WIFOA, but I don't know.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
anyway, im the no-execute.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I kinda wish mycelia hadn't clamed until Spork gve results, but oh well.

The thing about cops/gunsmiths is that we can only completely trust guilty results, because godfathers exist. I'm a little leery of this because in a previous game I cleared one person when I outed a guilty one, and everybody relied on it till the end, leading to a town loss.

But my results show MQ as innocent.

Millers exist too. But that's why the meta of millers claiming in their 1st post is around.

Regardless, I don't think there are millers or godfathers in this game.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

anyway, im the no-execute.

Tired Moritz posted:

normally I wouldnt mind but I need to see what RwC would claim first

If you're the no-ex, then why did you care about RWC's cliam?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

SporkChan posted:

If you're the no-ex, then why did you care about RWC's cliam?

because i know there would be people nagging me for picking the no-execute and I was worried people would forget about RWC and theyll lurk till the next day

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I have not been anything close to lurking, this whole game! Why would you think that?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
well, if youre scum, this would be the perfect time to do so, no?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

because i know there would be people nagging me for picking the no-execute and I was worried people would forget about RWC and theyll lurk till the next day

I know I wouldn't have forgotten a floating investigation check.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

i can at least confirm i got my first pick

Why was No-Execute your first pick?

You were 6th in the pick order, you had a pretty good chance of getting something better.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

SporkChan posted:

Why was No-Execute your first pick?

You were 6th in the pick order, you had a pretty good chance of getting something better.

do you want to play with a scum no-ex

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

do you want to play with a scum no-ex

No, but I didn't want to play with a scum Paranoid Poisoner or Votebomb either.

I can see what you were going for though; I was picking roles that I wanted, not roles I didn't want scum to get.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I really think Hal has been demonstrating a scummy mindset today. Also what kind of scum team leaves Hal around until D5?

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I really think Hal has been demonstrating a scummy mindset today. Also what kind of scum team leaves Hal around until D5?

what about his mindset today is scummy? it seems like he mostly called you out for withholding info

also I'm curious why you gunsmithed me instead of him, since you said earlier in this game that the main reason you hadn't checked Hal was fear that he was the PGO, which wasn't a consideration last night

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

MockingQuantum posted:

what about his mindset today is scummy? it seems like he mostly called you out for withholding info

also I'm curious why you gunsmithed me instead of him, since you said earlier in this game that the main reason you hadn't checked Hal was fear that he was the PGO, which wasn't a consideration last night

I checked you because you vigged Keats, who had claimed gunsmith and watcher, on D2. I knew he wasn't the gunsmith, obviously, but you didn't. And then there was something else, which I have forgotten. Also he pretty much dared me to check him, so I didn't.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Oh, the scum mindset was when he suggested I could be afraid of getting called out for lying. Only scum would have known if I cleared someone who wasn't town but it seemed to me like he thought that was obvious.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

The above shoudl have had Hal's name in it somewhere.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

to clarify, I think I make sense as someone to rule out as scum, I just want to hear the reasoning of why me over hal, who we (I think?) basically know nothing about, mechanically speaking. he said something earlier in the game that could be interpreted as saying he's a role that visits people at night but that's all I can remember seeing

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Hal got masoned with Zoya, I guess I assumed he did that. Unlike some, I have not figured out all the roles.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Oh, the scum mindset was when he suggested I could be afraid of getting called out for lying. Only scum would have known if I cleared someone who wasn't town but it seemed to me like he thought that was obvious.

yeah this doesn't track to me, I had the same thought that the only reason I could think to not give out your results was getting caught in a lie somehow, that does not speak to scum knowledge imo

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Rhymes With Clue posted:

Hal got masoned with Zoya, I guess I assumed he did that. Unlike some, I have not figured out all the roles.

it's possible, there are three in the game. voodoo was one, plastic has claimed being one, so there's still a third one floating around

technically the baby JOAT had a mason one-shot as well, somebody already flipped as that though

I suppose it's possible Hal got masonized via being target of the lightning rod that one night though, lol

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

oh nope, lightning rod works the other way, nevermind my hypothesizing

also Egalz was the baby JOAT. also the pies role isn't specific on what its masonizer abilities are, it's possible they can masonize other people. in any case it would be wild to me if multiple scum were masonizer roles, I can't imagine it was intentional if so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

actually none of the masonizer role descriptions are explicit about whether they are part of the masonries that they form, so idk if Hal being in a masonry is an indication that he's one of those roles, based just on what's in the OP at least

anyway this is all woolgathering for me at this point, I can't see myself voting anywhere but RWC or spork today barring some big revelation or slip or something