Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Install Windows posted:

no you see africa is clearly full of old computers sitting around with plentifiul electricity, but they're all too snobby to use windows xp on them in 2014 so a linux liveusb is needed to use the computers

it's an android os. africa also has abundant internet access and infrastructure to support millions of new users

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

ubuntu is an african word

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

power botton posted:

ubuntu is an african word

if ubuntu linux were a country it would be marked by crumbling infrastructure and shameful corruption

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
so ... the usa, then?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Soricidus posted:

so ... the usa, then?

OH poo poo!!! OH SHIIIIT!!!!!!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

at least it will hurt less than OLPC falling from helicopter height

does anyone have that post about dropping bitcoins from helicopters

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

with god as my witness, i thought bitcoins would go up up UP

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

the best use of music in a sr game will always be bonnie tyler i need a hero

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cat Face Joe posted:

the best use of music in a sr game will always be bonnie tyler i need a hero

also true. it makes me feel like my chest is going to explode :swoon:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

you're the best around during murderbrawl was v nice

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i liked how in sr2 your character would occasionally quietly sing to itself to the song that was playing on the radio

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Ruby got Railed posted:

with god as my witness, i thought bitcoins would go up up UP

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

i liked how in sr2 your character would occasionally quietly sing to itself to the song that was playing on the radio

take on me

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Shifty Pony posted:

it is loving olpc without the ol.

custom 8 gig flash drives are like $2 from china in bulk. with an army of interns who'll cheerfully pad their cvs as "worked for charity" they plan on making a $2 profit.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

i wish they'd do a remake of sr2
i like the mix of seriousness and an insane main character but i'm not a fan of the fact that the engine only works if you sacrifice a goat

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i want sr4 on a just cause 2 sized map

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

i want just cause 3

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

looks like click & grow sent my plug finally, set it up this morning and i think i got it all right, popped water in the front so that little thing in the front floated and it appears the soil is moist

will report when i see some seeds

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
that looks like absolute poo poo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

just imagine toying with a bunch of cheap plastic crap

the seed pods had a satisfying click when i popped em in at least

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

stoutfish posted:

that looks like absolute poo poo
it's made of plastic and styrofoam, so yes

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i don't know what i want from a new saint's row, but i just hope it's as much fun as the last two :pray:

(i played sr2, and it was good with the mods/fixes, but it wasn't as much dumb fun)

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

prefect posted:

i don't know what i want from a new saint's row

geomod engine

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

a vaporwave gun that makes everything move really slowly :v:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

prefect posted:

i don't know what i want from a new saint's row, but i just hope it's as much fun as the last two :pray:

(i played sr2, and it was good with the mods/fixes, but it wasn't as much dumb fun)

nothing because the sr series is over and done

volition will probably make another open world game but it won't be sr

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

gently caress interplay and thq forever for stopping voliton from making freespace 3

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

Sweevo posted:

gently caress interplay and thq forever for stopping voliton from making freespace 3

There's nothing stopping them from making a space game and using Saints Row or Red Faction or a completely new IP.

Maybe they don't think it would sell. I mean as cool as elite dangerous looks to be, I can't see it being a huge blockbuster.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

raruler posted:

There's nothing stopping them from making a space game and using Saints Row or Red Faction or a completely new IP.

Maybe they don't think it would sell. I mean as cool as elite dangerous looks to be, I can't see it being a huge blockbuster.

a space sim set in the saints row universe might be the greatest loving thing ever made and gently caress you for suggesting it because now it's my dream game that will never happen

i guess now i have to do what everyone else with a dream space sim does and give $5000 to chris roberts

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
my only regret is that I have but one life('s worth of savings) to give to chris

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

raruler posted:

also they don't really have to be huge blockbusters, X and its many many sequels haven't sold particularly well, but they've sold well enough to keep the company afloat (although egosoft's "release now regardless of the shape it's in and patch for the next year" strategy is getting really old and they're losing what goodwill they had from the community)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Proteus4994 posted:

a space sim set in the saints row universe might be the greatest loving thing ever made and gently caress you for suggesting it because now it's my dream game that will never happen

i guess now i have to do what everyone else with a dream space sim does and give $5000 to chris roberts

p sure that saits row is supposed to be part of the red faction universe or something o maybe youll get your wish

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

fool_of_sound posted:

p sure that saits row is supposed to be part of the red faction universe or something o maybe youll get your wish

not sure about that since in saints row 4 earth and everyone on it is vaporized

e: i take it all back, wikipedia says there's going to be more saints row games with a new publisher since thq imploded. not sure how i feel about that

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Proteus4994 posted:

not sure about that since in saints row 4 earth and everyone on it is vaporized

the evil company from red faction is the same as one of the corporations in sr4 plus in sr4 they have the time machine thing.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

24-7 Urkel Cosplay posted:

the evil company from red faction is the same as one of the corporations in sr4 plus in sr4 they have the time machine thing.

on the flip side, they could also just say "gently caress it none of that poo poo happened it was all a dream" because it's saints row and who gives a gently caress about continuity?

i'm p sure the red faction corporation reference is just an easter egg anyway

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
I don't think you guys give enough proper respect to the saint row cannon

Dec 26, 2012

Proteus4994 posted:

i'm p sure the red faction corporation reference is just an easter egg anyway

its probably this because who gives a poo poo

same as most other X and Y are totally in the same universe bullshit

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i just want the next sr to have the poop truck game again

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Vintersorg posted:

looks like click & grow sent my plug finally, set it up this morning and i think i got it all right, popped water in the front so that little thing in the front floated and it appears the soil is moist

will report when i see some seeds

"just how environmentally unfriendly can we make growing plants?"

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

coffeetable posted:

"just how environmentally unfriendly can we make growing plants?"

monocultures do more damage than these tiny little things could ever hope to imagine op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

stoutfish posted:

monocultures do more damage than these tiny little things could ever hope to imagine op

monocultures are worth it htough

*eats Cavendish*

• Locked thread