Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

New Page, welcome to chopstuck

alt text: "Hell hath no fury like a devil scorned. Except Hell 80, there's a lad there that will rip apart anyone you send him after for half a guilder. Right nutter, he is." - Little Finger Yao, Spire Ganger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I hope this satisfies the segment of people who were unhappy about Alison and Cio's make up in the Vault. Clearly it's not going to be that simple.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I mean

she still gay tho

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
You've mastered the art of cutting ...my heart :negative:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Furiously dumbassing my way to the jerk I was trying to lose my virginity to, one war at a time

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Bilirubin posted:

Furiously dumbassing my way to the jerk I was trying to lose my virginity to, one war at a time

Once you understand that virginity isn't real, you lose it to yourself. Now you are beginning to embrace royalty.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what a tableau

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ashcans posted:

I hope this satisfies the segment of people who were unhappy about Alison and Cio's make up in the Vault. Clearly it's not going to be that simple.

I had faith that Abaddon wasn't just going to throw them into a cheap, unearned romance when there was never any reason to believe that Allison was even remotely attracted to Cio. It was all Cio being a creepy "nice guy" stalker. Now she's mad about carrying a printer for her.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I am only now imagining Cio's voice as a feminine version of Groundskeeper Willie's.

THA USED ME, ALLISON. THA USED ME.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

I had faith that Abaddon wasn't just going to throw them into a cheap, unearned romance when there was never any reason to believe that Allison was even remotely attracted to Cio. It was all Cio being a creepy "nice guy" stalker. Now she's mad about carrying a printer for her.

you're being weird about this

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm sorry, I just can't get over the phrase "carrying a printer".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tollymain posted:

you're being weird about this

Am I wrong though? Cio is a creep.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
pretty sure all the names of god counts as carrying a printer, of names, and gods.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm sorry, I just can't get over the phrase "carrying a printer".

https://www.somethingawful.com/great-goon-database/great-goon-best/3/

This should be required reading for everyone on this site.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

I think you're gonna be disappointed if you think this is like, the end of it period as opposed to a story that is very familiar to queer people that spent awhile being in denial.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Reene posted:

I think you're gonna be disappointed if you think this is like, the end of it period as opposed to a story that is very familiar to queer people that spent awhile being in denial.

This has nothing to do with Allison being gay or not, and everything to do with Cio being a terrible person and Allison having never expressed any romantic interest in her.

Like, I think if Allison was gay it would probably be for Nyave, but again she hasn't shown any interest in her. The only person she's shown any interest in at all is Zaid, and even that's barely a footnote. She might as well be a nun for now.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its ok dude there will be other ships

also theres always fanfic

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

This has nothing to do with Allison being gay or not, and everything to do with Cio being a terrible person and Allison having never expressed any romantic interest in her.

Like, I think if Allison was gay it would probably be for Nyave, but again she hasn't shown any interest in her. The only person she's shown any interest in at all is Zaid, and even that's barely a footnote. She might as well be a nun for now.

She has expressed more interest in Cio than in Zaid given that she expressed negative interest in Zaid in the brief time they were together, even if you think there hasn't been anything between her and Cio.

And on that, well, I disagree that there hasn't been anything. But hey we'll see.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I will unironically argue about ships in this gay devil webcomic until my fingers fall off, just loving watch me.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

M. Propagandalf posted:

I am only now imagining Cio's voice as a feminine version of Groundskeeper Willie's.

THA USED ME, ALLISON. THA USED ME.

Cio has always been Gilbert Gottfried doing an impression of Dick van Dyke's cockney accent to me.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

Allison isn't really that into Zaid. She's guilt-tripped-heroined herself to get him out of this mess.

Lets not forget the three pages of extremely awkward 'trying to lose her virginity' that started us off on this adventure:

I shouldn't even need to compare that to Allison/Cio's "Delirium" kiss.

Her story very much reads like a lot of queer-tone fiction where the in-denial prog tries to cure/fix themselves into heterosexuality by just doing it, gets embarrassed, angry, confrontational, and eventually admits they, yes, do actually feel something for that one person they've been ignoring/scorning in an effort to keep the truth at bay.

Of course Allison could turn out to be bi or asexual or something. Story isn't over or fully written yet.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well yeah that's why I said it's barely a footnote.

Also as awkward as the opening scene with Zaid is, keep in mind that Allison was on the verge of passing out when Cio kissed her. That's super skeevy.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Allison is on the verge of passing out like 90% of the time she exists.

“I’m gay as hell and I have no idea what I’m doing!”

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013
So, when is Allison going to admit to having made a deal with Incubus? That seems like a pretty huge part of why she's spent most of this book being a selfish dumbass. Even if Incubus just brought out her worst qualities, there was still a supernatural factor at work.

Of course, one could make a strong argument that Allison is still at fault for agreeing to that deal in the first place, which I fully expect Cio to do if/when the truth ever comes out.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Cio is Always Horny, but also was explicitly trying to get away from the whole "thief queen" thing when Allison dragged her back into it. I think the readings of "tha used me" are a touch too unsympathetic.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I mean, Cio also leaps to the conclusion of 'you're trying to save your boyfriend' without considering that trying to save an innocent dude, even if you think he's kind of a jerk, is probably the right thing to do, and something a Raging Dumbass like Allison would go for.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

They're both terrible people, this isn't news.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

they are both gigantic idiots. terribleness is a question mark.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Cio and Alison are both idiots and good and fun and its a fun comic and its going to be more fun in the future

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

PMush Perfect posted:

I disagree.

Morbi
Aug 7, 2013

CONTRABAND
You're all overlooking the most crucial thing about this page, which is Cio's little angry tail wag

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Pureauthor posted:

I mean, Cio also leaps to the conclusion of 'you're trying to save your boyfriend' without considering that trying to save an innocent dude, even if you think he's kind of a jerk, is probably the right thing to do, and something a Raging Dumbass like Allison would go for.

dude they killed like three thousand people to fail to rescue one guy from prison, this was not a right thing to do

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Allison + Preem Nand OTP

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

nm misread

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 25, 2018

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

dude they killed like three thousand people to fail to rescue one guy from prison, this was not a right thing to do

Do you think it would have been the right thing to do if it worked?

Edit: Also, "prison" implies he committed a crime. They killed like three thousand people in an attempt to rescue a kidnapping victim.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Hremsfeld posted:

Do you think it would have been the right thing to do if it worked?

Edit: Also, "prison" implies he committed a crime. They killed like three thousand people in an attempt to rescue a kidnapping victim.

I'm sure there's at least a few laws on one of the demiurges' books Zaid's in violation of. Maybe one of the priests of the counts' lesser duties is as metaversal ICE.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

nnnnnno, she killed like four people. she has no real responsibility for the multiversal imperialist responding to the return of the inevitability of death by deciding to go out hard and take everything she can out w her

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That's still a pretty high K:D ratio. I'm glad she's going pro with it, she's got chops.

Edit: Think she'll main Aesma?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there any meaningful difference between the ratios 4:0 and 10000:0 mathematically speaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Tollymain posted:

nnnnnno, she killed like four people. she has no real responsibility for the multiversal imperialist responding to the return of the inevitability of death by deciding to go out hard and take everything she can out w her

how many count-priests did she and her squad carve through on the way in to the vault