Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah it's gonna suck to wait for dota to start up again. I guess I'll have time play now.

loving gross!

VVVVV Unsurprising, as Chinese Dota is as much musical chairs as the West.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Apparently Faith Bian is likely to leave wings and go back to school. That would suck.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah it's gonna suck to wait for dota to start up again. I guess I'll have time play now.

Same.

Does anyone know where to get cheap riot points?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

dicks assassin posted:

Same.

Does anyone know where to get cheap riot points?

ebay probably

i think g2a also maybe has them if you don't mind buying literal stolen goods

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Kainser posted:

Apparently Faith Bian is likely to leave wings and go back to school. That would suck.

Even after costs/taxes he surely must be a literal millionaire

gently caress school

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I just came back from TI, and I got all these crimson witness treasures. They're going for about 54 bucks on the steam market right now. How do the prices usually fluctuate on these treasures? It looks like right now theres only 2 items that can be received from these treasures that are selling for more than 54. Should I sell now, open up and then sell, or wait?

Hi, I am a literal highly experienced hat baron. Ask dizz, zoolooman, gboon, or hell even stoats, pyronicx anyone from when the irc was good.

General rule for loot is sell it immediately. It will only hold its value until the next shiny new thing comes out. It *might* become a market standard 'bettable' but its highly unlikely. If you use the steam market to check historical prices on major Int items from years past, you will see them fluctuate, rise, and slowly deflate (lovely unicorn wizard, magic carpet smeevils, etc).

If you want turn it into real money, the two best options are to sell it on the steam market, buy csgo keys, and then sell them on opskins. That will give you a good yield if steambux to actualbux, but its convuluted and things can go wrong. If you can't be hosed, talk to invictus in samart he'll buy em

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

hiddenmovement posted:

Even after costs/taxes he surely must be a literal millionaire

gently caress school

That doesn't last forever, nor does your ability to extract money from gaming. He needs an education to fall back on once he's past 30.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

also being educated is nice :)

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Being educated is over-rated.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Nam Taf posted:

That doesn't last forever, nor does your ability to extract money from gaming. He needs an education to fall back on once he's past 30.

He's quitting a job that just earned him in excess of a million bux this year. Like a pro athlete, this is his primary earnings window. He can go back to school later.

Also carefully managed a 1,000,000 can almost make you financially independent. Almost.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

hiddenmovement posted:

He's quitting a job that just earned him in excess of a million bux this year. Like a pro athlete, this is his primary earnings window. He can go back to school later.

Also carefully managed a 1,000,000 can almost make you financially independent. Almost.

In China you bet your rear end it will, but since he's underage and uneducated he'll probably either blow it all himself or he'll get gradually robbed by family/friends/sharks.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

usually when you win a TI or place highly you can just come back and start playing again and teams will still want you, and teams in china pay high salaries for famous players so basically he can just join LGD and be washed up for a year and probably earn enough money to buy a slave in china

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Love Stole the Day posted:

The only thing Blitz is good at is PR

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Radical posted:

usually when you win a TI or place highly you can just come back and start playing again and teams will still want you, and teams in china pay high salaries for famous players so basically he can just join LGD and be washed up for a year and probably earn enough money to buy a slave in china

zai was on the cusp of being rtz famous and look at him now

school is for nerds

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

drunken officeparty posted:

He just came third in TI and earned himself hundreds of thousands of dollars, seems like he's doing just fine

E: I just realized that was probably the joke :bigtran:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the joke, as usual, was actually rtz

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

drunken officeparty posted:

school is for nerds

no he wasn't lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Riot fired Maelk because he went to TI

https://twitter.com/TheMaelk/status/764588481263853568

lol

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

not riot but the company that bought out alliance/elements

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lolling bout LoL

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

David LD Gorman slays the career of another promising member of the community

https://twitter.com/Bryan_Herren/status/765178023159095297
https://twitter.com/Bryan_Herren/status/765179550917545985
https://twitter.com/Bryan_Herren/status/765180429053812736

Caster stuff is fine but give me my team reshuffle drama already you nerds

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Wings had a Treant + Visage strat that was too good for this world :(

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Unless Maelk got hired by Riot and fired within the last 6 days, he got fired because his EU pro LoL team got relegated from the LCS. And if he's making tweets sounding like he was fired because he went to TI then he deserves it.

Also that was a fantastic tournament, as usual. I think I may go in person next year. How hard is it to get tickets?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dragongem posted:

Unless Maelk got hired by Riot and fired within the last 6 days, he got fired because his EU pro LoL team got relegated from the LCS. And if he's making tweets sounding like he was fired because he went to TI then he deserves it.

Apparently he got fired for going to TI while his team was fighting relegation. Looks like he thinks the firing was 'just' and that he also thinks it was worth it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like my story better but the facts are also pretty good.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Oh no guys I was fired from my job as a hopscotch coach because they were too busy sucking poo poo while I was at some skiprope tournament, ah rats

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

who gives a gently caress if a 3rd string worthless poo poo like maelk is fired anyway.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
6.89 when???

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

6.89 when???

Amazingly the meta for the most part didn't condense to 15 bullshit heroes during TI so there's not that much of a rush. After all the previous TI's the meta was completely "solved". There's mirana and illusion heroes and kunkka and void but none of them are on a throne of bullshit or anything.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Pureauthor posted:

6.89 when???

August 23

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Taffer posted:

Amazingly the meta for the most part didn't condense to 15 bullshit heroes during TI so there's not that much of a rush. After all the previous TI's the meta was completely "solved". There's mirana and illusion heroes and kunkka and void but none of them are on a throne of bullshit or anything.

I think Kunkka will escape the nerf bat this round if only because so many teams apparently can't play him.

SD and Mirana, hoo boy. They're getting whacked.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

yeah it's probably this

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Only mirana's aghs 'needs' a nerf really. Kunkka and SD haven't been signifincantly changed for months and they're only popular because they combo really well together with other cores like void.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Taffer posted:

mirana and timber could probably stand to be taken down a notch though

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

That's okay Maelk can just attend one of the many privately run tournaments organized by the communiohwait

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

with what team would he attend the tournament with even if they did have independent tournaments? he got fired from his job as team manager by the team itself.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

https://twitter.com/day9tv/status/764978122164887552

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

I think he talked about getting into dota after TI4 or 5.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he's been tweeting a bunch of questions during this ti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Only mirana's aghs 'needs' a nerf really. Kunkka and SD haven't been signifincantly changed for months and they're only popular because they combo really well together with other cores like void.

didn't shadow demon get picked in like 80% of games and have like a 60% winrate or something

• Locked thread