Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/resentfultweet/status/803646066939887616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Teach posted:

All aboard.

i enjoyed this as did my friend!

poise under pressure.

i had dogs growing up but now i live in a 1b/1b city apartment so no dogs. when they happen family gatherings are the best because i get to go to me mums house where there's dog(s)!

e: also has anyone said "go back to PI" yet?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

how about the dog that lives in our main office 9-5 and barks and howls at everyone who walks in? I can hear him barking right now down the hall

sounds like you're broken

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

sounds like a GOOD DOGGY!!!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

how about the dog that lives in our main office 9-5 and barks and howls at everyone who walks in? I can hear him barking right now down the hall

Well, that sounds like a misbehaved dog. Still a good doggo, but misbehaved all the same.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Improbable Lobster posted:

sure but it seems like it's almost exclusively used to get regular pets into places they aren't supposed to be
thats it exactly. print out an official looking card that says REGISTERED SUPPORT ANIMAL, bring your yappy dog to any shop or restaurant, pitch a fit and threaten to sue under the ada if some $9/hr employee tells you that you cant bring your animal inside

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm one of those rare actual born in SF natives and I like it here but it has it's problems. still better than nyc.

it is more disgusting everywhere than the dirtiest parts of NYC that i've been in

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
and in nyc people will say things like "garbage in the alleys gives this neighborhood character"

as opposed to the human poo poo everywhere in sf

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
nyc is abominable in the summer because it smells like hot piss and trash and the subway is loving suffocating

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
jfc, how can dogs be controversial?

they're the only good thing we have left in this world

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

theflyingexecutive posted:

has anyone at all figured out that naked surveys and focus groups are idiot trash garbage? show me ctr differences on controlled and blinded A:B tests and we'll talk

(checks) no, the ad industry still exists

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009
there are dogs in my office & I love them there but I don't bring my dog in because he is too needy to let anyone do work without barking his head off

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

KoRMaK posted:

i dont think its a legal status but i can totes see it being a thing that can help people. For example, say you have severe anxiety - doggo can be your security blanket.

or maybe those anxiety problems should be solved the proper way rather than imposing an animal on everyone else

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

edit: approximately one godzilla fart's worth

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 29, 2016

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

GENDERED SLUR posted:

or maybe those anxiety problems should be solved the proper way rather than imposing an animal on everyone else

lol so grumpy

Trabant posted:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

????

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Trabant posted:

i love dogs, but i also have allergies, so i can see both sides of the issue. allergies are no fun

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

we just don't know

(apparently the dvd version of shin godzilla that leaked is missing 20 minutes of footage)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

GENDERED SLUR posted:

I wish more people would impose animals on me so I can pet them

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it is more disgusting everywhere than the dirtiest parts of NYC that i've been in

don't go downtown, ever.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

we just don't know

(apparently the dvd version of shin godzilla that leaked is missing 20 minutes of footage)

i get the feeling this was done in order to keep toho off the backs of whoever released it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

we just don't know

lol if you didn't see it in theaters as god intended

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

we just don't know

It's on streaming sites at full length from what I've heard. I just want them to release a drat blu-ray so I can give them my money.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

epipen posted:

same but for pupper and catte

i love dogs a lot but. untrained dogs in all sorts of public places make me kinda uncomfortable because barking/etc scares me i guess
a comfort animal or therapy animal is a good thing imo, but they have to be placid, and i dont think taking them everywhere is necessarily reasonable or possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st7H_vqSaQc

80186 laptop made in australia, MS-DOS 2.11 on ROM chips

LOL what kind of snowflake is scared of barking?

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Doc Block posted:

anyone who's ever been attacked by a dog or has trouble with loud noises more generally, i guess? im not talking a 'hello' bark lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
canada finally getting amazon prime video starting dec 1 :canada:

given it's $79 CAD/year instead of $11 USD/month, probably with much less content than the american version :canada:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It's on streaming sites at full length from what I've heard. I just want them to release a drat blu-ray so I can give them my money.

same

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Doc Block posted:

if somebody got bit by a dog when they were a little kid, they might be afraid of dogs later on

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
they're good dogs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Syncopated posted:

of course it is

i swear its not coz I am sex obsessed

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

echinopsis posted:

i swear its not coz I am sex obsessed

https://twitter.com/alaindebotton/status/748421344400924672

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
nasa has some rad space tourism posters available for free to download and print. would make a good yosmas gift or just a regular gift in general

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/visions-of-the-future/

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
lol gently caress sf

living in nyc isn't fantastic but i'll take nyc over sf any day, poo poo year-round weather and all

still wish i was back in edinburgh though that place is my idea of heaven on earth

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

BANME.sh posted:

nasa has some rad space tourism posters available for free to download and print. would make a good yosmas gift or just a regular gift in general

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/visions-of-the-future/

i have the bottom 4 posters on the wall in my office and they are a nice thing to see coming in for work

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/803625863589855233

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sapozhnik posted:

lol gently caress sf

living in nyc isn't fantastic but i'll take nyc over sf any day, poo poo year-round weather and all

still wish i was back in edinburgh though that place is my idea of heaven on earth

I wish I was back in Edinburgh just for the girls with Scottish accents :allears:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

epipen posted:

same but for pupper and catte

i love dogs a lot but. untrained dogs in all sorts of public places make me kinda uncomfortable because barking/etc scares me i guess
a comfort animal or therapy animal is a good thing imo, but they have to be placid, and i dont think taking them everywhere is necessarily reasonable or possible

lol you're scared of goin outside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

• Locked thread