Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

TheRat posted:

The new munch museum is one of the ugliest buildings I've ever seen, and on top of that they managed to make an art museum that's supposed to look warm and inviting look like a sterile airport terminal on the inside. What in the world happened there?

E: Like, it literally looks like an airport terminal

i know it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

TheRat posted:

The new munch museum is one of the ugliest buildings I've ever seen, and on top of that they managed to make an art museum that's supposed to look warm and inviting look like a sterile airport terminal on the inside. What in the world happened there?

E: Like, it literally looks like an airport terminal

It's hideous, expensive, and apparently very shoddily built. Ventilation system immediately collapsing, etc

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I love airports, but dunno if I'd love a museum cosplaying as one.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Local elections done in Denmark. Copenhagen has almost fallen to the commies, but fortunately a brave alliance has kept them from seizing power:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/veolenes/status/1460620573093023744?s=20

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Socialdemokratiet getting poo poo on in the regional elections. Good. First time not voting left for me. Sick of their focus group designed politics.

BonHair posted:

Local elections done in Denmark. Copenhagen has almost fallen to the commies, but fortunately a brave alliance has kept them from seizing power:

Another Brøndby supporter as Copenhagens mayor. Oof.🤢

Woodenlung fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Nov 17, 2021

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sieg to the nazi antivaxxers.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Socialdemokratiet, SF and Radikale getting together to make a Konservativ mayor in Kolding behind Venstre's back, when those two together with DF had a blue majority, is hilariously spiteful.

Slashrat fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 17, 2021

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

:allears:

I'm sure we'll get some outrage pearlclutching over this but I'll take it.

Also there's this:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/jimmie-akesson-vi-satter-igang-arbetet-med-en-vitbok

quote:

Jimmie Åkesson (SD): Vi sätter igång arbetet med en vitbok
UPPDATERAD IDAG 16:30PUBLICERAD IDAG 16:24
Sverigedemokraterna publicerar en vitbok om partiets förflutna.

Det meddelar SD-ledaren Jimmie Åkesson i SVT:s ”30 minuter”.

– Jag har bara läst våra värsta motståndares historieskrivning, det ska bli väldigt intressant nu när vi äntligen kan få en vitbok på plats, att se hur det verkligen förhöll sig, säger han.

Sverigedemokraterna har länge pratat om att man vill publicera en vitbok som ska göra upp med partiets nazistiska rötter.

I SVT:s ”30 minuter” meddelar partiledaren Jimmie Åkesson att man nu har hittat en forskare som ska hantera frågan.

– Vi håller på att kontraktera en person som ska hantera detta åt oss på ett objektivt och integritetsfyllt sätt så att det blir så bra som möjligt, säger Åkesson.

”Vi ska inte styra detta”
Han vill inte säga vem forskaren är men menar att arbetet med vitboken ska sättas igång så snart som möjligt och att man har anslagit pengar för detta i partiets budget.

– Vi ska inte styra detta, det tycker jag är viktigt med tanke på integritet. Det är inte vårt projekt, vi finansierar det, vi bjuder in och öppnar våra arkiv men det ska vara en forskare med hög integritet som gör det, säger Åkesson.

This is gonna be fun, I wonder who they'll manage to sign up for this cushy grift assignment.

(If it's anyone who has anything to say about their roots than the blindingly obvious it won't be a historian worth a dime).

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Nov 17, 2021

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Does there exist a Scandinavia/Sweden/Norway thread that isn't political? There's something my parents bought me in Sweden in 1972 I'd like to find again.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Does there exist a Scandinavia/Sweden/Norway thread that isn't political? There's something my parents bought me in Sweden in 1972 I'd like to find again.

There is
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3480864

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arsenic Lupin posted:

There's also https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032955 in LAN, which tends to get visits from people who were otherwise scared away by our weird language in the SAL thread.

Trench_Rat
Sep 19, 2006
Doing my duty for king and coutry since 86

BonHair posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzkb5SrYsPY

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
It is certainly weird how Swedish politics manage to stay constantly action packed yet terminally boring at the same time.

Is it because everyone saw this poo poo coming, or because its just another turning of the wheel? Should SVT be interviewing Hari Seldon or Robert Jordan?

Edit: ok MP instantly jumping ship today was funny.

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 24, 2021

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Okay so can someone summarize what the gently caress is going on over across the border in Sweden?

Also hi hello I'm a master's student living in Bergen and can someone please describe to the the clusterfuck that is this drama about bryggen? Something something about reactionary politicians refusing to listen to academic reports that says building a tunnel will just cause harm?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Stalins Moustache posted:

Okay so can someone summarize what the gently caress is going on over across the border in Sweden?

Also hi hello I'm a master's student living in Bergen and can someone please describe to the the clusterfuck that is this drama about bryggen? Something something about reactionary politicians refusing to listen to academic reports that says building a tunnel will just cause harm?

From what I can gather a lot of very angry men are making sure to post very angry messages to Sofie Marhaug on twitter so I can only assume she's personally ruined their lives forever.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Congratulations to Sweden on their first woman prime minister!

Fake edit: hold on a minute *touches fingers to ear for a hot second* aaaaaaaaaaaand she's gone, welp

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My dad called Kristersson “Dvärgen” yesterday and I've never been prouder of his boomer rear end.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

TheRat posted:

From what I can gather a lot of very angry men are making sure to post very angry messages to Sofie Marhaug on twitter so I can only assume she's personally ruined their lives forever.

I'm confused now. Is it the fault of a young woman or are old white men to blame, as the newspapers are saying. I'll accept either, but let's get to the bottom of this.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Crespolini posted:

I'm confused now. Is it the fault of a young woman or are old white men to blame, as the newspapers are saying. I'll accept either, but let's get to the bottom of this.

Well, the people who resigned previously were massively in favour of what they now resigned over, but suddenly are mortally in favour of the other thing, god knows

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

What the gently caress is going on? She was PM for 7 hours? What?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

McCloud posted:

What the gently caress is going on? She was PM for 7 hours? What?

Yes.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Can't believe Sweden still hates women this much.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

She didn't actually have to resign.

FAKE EDIT: Like literally, there was no legal mechanism. It's just vanity and pride.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sweden got its first female PM, Magdalena Andersson from the Social Democrats. She spent days trying to wrangle support out of the Left Party and eventually got their backing after making concessions in the form of increased pensions for the poorest OAPs, providing a feasible foundation for a minority government with her as PM. Then parliament voted in favour of the right-wing opposition's budget, with the Centre Party (pro-market liberals) supporting the right-wing budget abstaining from voting, despite having had a hard line against the Swedish Democracts (populist right-wingers) in that bloc. Then the Green Party announced that it would leave the government over having to implement a budget that the Swedish Democracts backed. And then the PM resigned.

I think that's about it. Big ol' circus.

Beeswax fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 24, 2021

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Farce.

Hundlaser
Jan 15, 2004

by Hand Knit
Hey now, have some respect for Sweden's longest reigning female prime minister!

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Can't believe Sweden still hates women this much.

You got to have a woman as prime minister :confused: If you didn't specify for how long, well, you've no one but yourself to blame.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Crespolini posted:

You got to have a woman as prime minister :confused: If you didn't specify for how long, well, you've no one but yourself to blame.

And now we're about to have our second female prime minister, massive social progress in a very short time!

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

MiddleOne posted:

And now we're about to have our second female prime minister, massive social progress in a very short time!

Here's to 8 hours or more!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Was she actually ever Prime Minister, or has Löfven remained acting prime minister all this time? Isn't there an official appointment ceremony?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Sulphagnist posted:

Was she actually ever Prime Minister, or has Löfven remained acting prime minister all this time? Isn't there an official appointment ceremony?

How dare you ask this?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

From bitter experience, don't expect women PMs to be any different.

Well ours was recently praised by Marine Le Pen for her immigration policies, I guess that is different. :thunkgun:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Sulphagnist posted:

Pox upon you!

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I don’t think anyone here expects things to be much better. Magdalena is a drat finance person. She loves moving to the right.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

If you are not laughing like crazy about the current status of Swedish politics, I don’t know what say.

What is the saying, history repeats first as a tragedy, then as a farce?

I blame Reinfeldt for all of this btw.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao at voting through the opposition's budget as your very first act. aahahaha

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

Sulphagnist posted:

Löfvet is still PM, you are correct. It is very lol

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sulphagnist posted:

Isn't there an official appointment ceremony?

There is:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnox
May 19, 2013

So uh what the gently caress just happened? And what happens now? Do they have to elect a new prime minister?