Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Boywhiz88 posted:

I don’t fully understand it still. Could you elaborate for a dummy?

Theres a conspiracy theory that 9/11 was a ~Jew plot~ and all the Jewish people that worked at the towers were called and told to not go to work that day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I thought it was about Jared Fogle's leaked phone calls

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Spoeank posted:

Theres a conspiracy theory that 9/11 was a ~Jew plot~ and all the Jewish people that worked at the towers were called and told to not go to work that day

Yea it's this, and the joke was that Jared is an extremely offensive Jewish stereotype that only Felix is allowed to do who would've gotten a call that day even though I'd guess he probably would've been in high school in 2001

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
What's the story regarding Olivia Nuzzi and being friends with Nazis? I'm seeing a bunch of people on Twitter commenting about it.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Olivia Nazzi

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Javes posted:

What's the story regarding Olivia Nuzzi and being friends with Nazis? I'm seeing a bunch of people on Twitter commenting about it.

There was a buzzfeed piece about milo and it mentions an email group he had with other media people feeding him stories. A couple people actually named in the piece have old tweets about this from a couple years ago and she's tagged in a bunch of them palling around with the whole gang

See also: Dave Weigel

oatgan fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 6, 2017

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Neon Belly posted:

Remember all those horrible incidents where professional detectives tried to solve poo poo on their own and got it horribly wrong?

It's a fictional TV show.

Yeah my parents were into it until i explained Reddit Detectives And The Case Of The Bomb In Boston, and then they saw how stupid it is.

Serf posted:

noteworthy only for somehow making the two most popular superhero characters in the world incredibly boring

I've said it before but my spicy hot take is that BvS is a decent batman movie being smothered by a boring as gently caress superman movie.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 6, 2017

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

folks it's finally happening

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/916347987743318016

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Owned for speaking the truth

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
while we're on the topic, check out this hot NYCC announcement from Marvel

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/916317209017937920

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HAHAHAHAHAHA

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pretty good for what they are

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
loving lol

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
so this is what this was building up to

https://twitter.com/Blankzilla/status/916380645311565824

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i enjoyed reading my picture book for children and cheering on a literal avatar of american imperialism

.... but now they're working with a defense contractor?! :monocle:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
defense contractors pulling the diversity card is such a disgusting tactic

men and women are absolutely equal (according to the target acquisition algorithms of our bombing drones)

Serf
May 5, 2011

this is the future liberals want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTbS8BEa1oI

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

comic books: still bad folks

https://twitter.com/daviduzumeri/status/916387192368484363

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Joementum posted:

i enjoyed reading my picture book for children and cheering on a literal avatar of american imperialism

hahahah it's so good

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
haha joke's on them, kids don't even read print comics

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Joementum posted:

Plus its not like this the comic book industry's first rodeo, they do these comics for the military and lovely companies all the time

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Plus its not like this the comic book industry's first rodeo, they do these comics for the military and lovely companies all the time

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

I mean it's a pretty big shift for modern comics going from a general 'yea america is good and vigilantes can be good but we at least pay lip service to the fact that this is a complicated thing morally' to literally make a comic that's an ad for the guys selling bombs that are blowing up Yemen.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Javes posted:

There's a deadspin/concourse article where the author has been living under a rock? There's a handful of random tweets in the middle of it?

I mean, I'm holding out for when she discovers Boniface's LF posts.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

sexpig by night posted:

I mean it's a pretty big shift for modern comics going from a general 'yea america is good and vigilantes can be good but we at least pay lip service to the fact that this is a complicated thing morally' to literally make a comic that's an ad for the guys selling bombs that are blowing up Yemen.

The Pentagon provides production assistance on all the Marvel movies.

Sorry that there's no ethical consumption in capitalism, friend :shobon:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

He’s not wrong again. Pacific Rim was boring as gently caress.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Pacific Rim was tight as hell and I feel bad for those of you who weren't high enough when you watched it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Joementum posted:

The Pentagon provides production assistance on all the Marvel movies.

Sorry that there's no ethical consumption in capitalism, friend :shobon:
I thought they actually didn't have assistance from the Pentagon, at least I remember hearing that being a thing when it was coming out

Marvel is such a big company that I doubt the movie studios had any involvement with this so I can continue to watch the movies with a clear conscious imo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

I thought they actually didn't have assistance from the Pentagon, at least I remember hearing that being a thing when it was coming out

Marvel is such a big company that I doubt the movie studios had any involvement with this so I can continue to watch the movies with a clear conscious imo
guess you dont know much about ike perlmutter

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The thing that bothers me the most is that Tony Stark inherited a weapons-manufacturing company, then came to realize it was a lovely thing to do, and refused to keep building weapons. :spergin:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

guess you dont know much about ike perlmutter
I know Perlmutter is a massive shitheap of a human being who is ironically a comic book villain brought to real life. At least Kevin Feige was able to make a power move to Disney to get Perlmutter out of Marvel Studios to go reign terror on the TV and comic divisions.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What the gently caress is wrong with you people, you don't like Pacific Rim? That movie was great man...

Dinosaurs! posted:

Pacific Rim was tight as hell and I feel bad for those of you who weren't high enough when you watched it.

Wait people watched it sober? OOOOOH!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol at twitter permabanning Lowtax for saying someone should pour concrete on Baked Alaska

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Who are these podcast hooligans who've corrupted Sweet Good Boy Felix?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Who are these podcast hooligans who've corrupted Sweet Good Boy Felix?

seriously though what were they talking about

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

He was on Episode 1 or something like that, it's been linked a few times in here or in the other thread

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Moist von Lipwig posted:

seriously though what were they talking about

I think they were talking about other weird twitter guys, wasn't one of them Wardell?

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I don't see the problem, Northrop is just as excited for infinity war as I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I don't see the problem, Northrop is just as excited for infinity war as I am.

I think u mean infinite war.