Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
6.89: raindrops gutted

Radical posted:

with what team would he attend the tournament with even if they did have independent tournaments? he got fired from his job as team manager by the team itself.

you have been reported for this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

Every time I see a spell deal reduced damage, I begin uncontrollably shaking. And No, it's not just a side effect of my severely high blood pressure or diabetes.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

They could probably make SD's illusions a little less tanky and maybe do another general nerf to illusions like reduced magic resistance or something.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

who is that

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Mirana Starfall damage or CD nerf
SD Disruption or Soul Catcher CD nerf
Timbersaw Timberchain CD or Chakram damage nerf
Elder Titan Natural Order % nerf
Drow AGI gain nerf (maybe)

Otherwise there was nothing too bad about the meta.

Rework Bloodseeker Aghs, please. Have it upgrade Thirst because Rupture charges are boring unless you have a Pudge or Tiny or Aghs Tusk.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
You can so really gently caress up the meta by making illusions give a tiny bounty. Forces people to at least try to micro instead of a-click and forget.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Elyv posted:

didn't shadow demon get picked in like 80% of games and have like a 60% winrate or something

Group Stage: 36 picks 50% winrate
Main Event: 24/70%

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

day9

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Zurreco posted:

Elder Titan Natural Order % nerf
I dunno about that, I think Oracle is far more important than this.

well maybe not "far" more important, but just more important.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 15, 2016

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Starfall nerf
Timber nerf (not sure what)
Disruption or shadow poison nerf
Time dilation nerf

This was a very smoke gank orientated meta, it did no favors to vulnerable carrys like sf and spectre. Maybe a slight ms buff to make those guys a little harder to catch? Idk not icefrog

Overall a good patch and a great ti

Edit: oh yeah et jfc

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Zurreco posted:

You can so really gently caress up the meta by making illusions give a tiny bounty. Forces people to at least try to micro instead of a-click and forget.

Nice try, tresdin

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Timber should take a nerf to Reactive Armor. Make it possible to contest his lane without needing 3 heroes with nukes to do it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Please don't nerf Kaci's favorite toon thanks.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Somebody on reddit is requesting a Slacks announcer pack and the vast majority of the thread is coming out saying how much they hate Slacks and his voice. Is this the first time that Valve sees that Slacks is only liked by a vocal minority?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I hope he makes his speech pack and makes money off the idiots that lap that poo poo up because I would never have to listen to it ever. God bless America

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LMAO

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I don't even know how you go about nerfing Shadow Demon. He seems to get picked solely because of disruption being such an amazing spell for offense, defense, setting up ganks, turning them around....just an all around amazing skill. I guess you could nerf the power of the illusions that come out of it so he can't just throw it on the enemy carry and suddenly have two badasses.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zurreco posted:

Somebody on reddit is requesting a Slacks announcer pack and the vast majority of the thread is coming out saying how much they hate Slacks and his voice. Is this the first time that Valve sees that Slacks is only liked by a vocal minority?

You obviously didn't see all the Reddit threads praising slacks during this TI.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Ojetor posted:

Timber should take a nerf to Reactive Armor. Make it possible to contest his lane without needing 3 heroes with nukes to do it.

Maybe make reactive armor a toggle and make each stack take some mana to generate.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Internet Kraken posted:

I guess you could nerf the power of the illusions that come out of it so he can't just throw it on the enemy carry and suddenly have two badasses.

If you watched the games you'd notice that he actually throws it on the allied carry to push out lanes/chip away at high ground

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

IcePhoenix posted:

If you watched the games you'd notice that he actually throws it on the allied carry to push out lanes/chip away at high ground

And farm so he isn't as gold-deprived as other supports in the late game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

IcePhoenix posted:

He can do both. There were also times where he would disrupt the enemy carry in a middle of a fight, taking them out of it for several seconds. Then when they come back there are also a bunch of high damage illusions that are turned against the enemy.

I mean that's why he's being picked. Disruption can be used to do so many things.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
You could increase the disruption manacost, cast point, cast range, and/or cooldown. That could make him a less viable pick for the laning stage.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

This honestly makes no sense, the 23rd is a Tuesday. Valve must mean 8/23/2018 because that's on a Thursday.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just nerfing illusions in general a bit will take care of a lot of the SD problem hopefully without making him useless.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Zurreco posted:

can you please stop hating on a TI6 runner up?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't even know how you go about nerfing Shadow Demon. He seems to get picked solely because of disruption being such an amazing spell for offense, defense, setting up ganks, turning them around....just an all around amazing skill. I guess you could nerf the power of the illusions that come out of it so he can't just throw it on the enemy carry and suddenly have two badasses.

One of the big warping points of the meta was Disruption comboing so well with ranged agi heroes, it's why we saw so many morphling and drow bans in stage 2 when SD was drafted in stage 1. Just nerfing his synergy with allies might be enough for Icefrog to bring the hero in line without nerfing him into the ground. Something like: "Disruption: Illusions from allied heroes scale with Shadow Demon's stats (enemy illusions unchanged)" might be enough to open up the drafts and scale back the illusion meta.
Void might be brought in line just with a base damage nerf; 63 base along with time walk allows him to fight off or shrug off zoning supports.
ET's ability to blink 1200 then throw out a 1200 range spirit into stomp to cancel TPs and stop fleeing enemies seems like the nastiest part of him. Maybe just adding a 1-2 second cooldown when activating Astral Spirit would be enough.
Mirana: maybe make the single-target wave of starstorm have only a 1/3 or 1/4 chance of triggering per valid target in range (so that it's functionally identical with 3-4 or more targets in range but doesn't blow up single heroes).
I'd agree with a flat scaling-back to reactive armor to bring timber back in line.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

make et's spirit move in a mirror to his own movement like it did originally.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nerf SD illusion damage. SD created illusions do increased damage against targets effected by shadow poison.

Timbersaw gets reactive armor nerfed. Armor and hp regen depends on number of stacks. 5 stacks gives 1 armor 1 regen even if 4 points in the skill. 6 stacks pushes it the next tier, and so on for 11 and 16.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 15, 2016

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

slacks already has a voice thing for omniknight that he went ahead and made himself without asking and valve were like lol no and didnt put it in

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Slacks looks like a toddler wearing his dad's suit. He also acts like a toddler wearing his dad's suit.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Sab669 posted:

This honestly makes no sense, the 23rd is a Tuesday. Valve must mean 8/23/2018 because that's on a Thursday.

Then take it up with valve who said pit lord is out on the 23rd.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

Reverand maynard posted:

Slacks looks like a toddler wearing his dad's suit. He also acts like a toddler wearing his dad's suit.

he's perfect for a game full of stupid babies

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

more like dICK posted:

Then take it up with valve who said pit lord is out on the 23rd.

Plus it could be Test Client on the 23rd and then real client on Thursday. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with the test client for this and for Monkey King, even though they've bypassed it for most patches lately.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Zurreco posted:

I'd say if anything the people who don't like him are the vocal minority

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

slacks owns

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I'm With Her

Adbot