Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

On the subject of Auxilia, I picked up two squads of Ratlings today. Looking forward to picking off some characters with my war hobbits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

On the subject of Auxilia, I picked up two squads of Ratlings today. Looking forward to picking off some characters with my war hobbits.

One of the reasons im looking forward to starting the beep boops is them being the only army with sniper weapons that work like you'd want them to.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Rangers seem dece

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

One of the reasons im looking forward to starting the beep boops is them being the only army with sniper weapons that work like you'd want them to.

The only problem with arquebuses is getting hold of a meaningful number of the loving things.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Corrode posted:

The only problem with arquebuses is getting hold of a meaningful number of the loving things.

The problem with all AdMech special weapons, to be honest. Same issue comes up with vanguard with plasma.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

The problem with all AdMech special weapons, to be honest. Same issue comes up with vanguard with plasma.

I'm resigned to a squad with plasma and a squad with arc at this point.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

JoshTheStampede posted:

Nothing but stuff that alrleady has the Miltarum Tempestus Keyword can have that keyword. However, MT stuff doesn't break faction purity for other regiments. So your other stuff can be Cadian or Valhallan or whatever, and your Scions stay MT, and everyone is happy. MT don't get their OWN doctrine unless they are in a pure MT detachment, but that's all they lose.

I'll just take tanks in a spearhead then.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Artum posted:

And if you wanna run a squad of 10 (so 3 special weapons) lolgetfucked, since the other special...is the loving arquebus.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Nothing some moldable thermoplastic and epoxy putty can't fix. The stuff actually works pretty good. I initially used the hard thermoplastic which is more common and does pretty good for objects without undercuts like GW plastics. In one thread someone mentioned the flexible variety (CMoN sells it as Instant Mold or it's also called Blue Stuff) so picked some up and found it useful as well. Details can come out a little mushier so there's some trial and error but it's easier to get the item out. You can also cut the flexible kind quite readily with a hobby knife which makes it simple to do one piece or turn into two piece molds. I've used a mix of green stuff and brown stuff to fill out the plasma gun roster of my vanguards and do some other various part clones for conversion work.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

This is what I did. 3 squads total lets you take 3 arc, 3 plasma and 3 arquebus.

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

The cloud of smoke and flies took about three times as long to paint as the rest of the model.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
That's cool!

Did you put an led in his helmet?

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

That's cool!

Did you put an led in his helmet?

That would be rad but I would have no idea how to do it. Making the fly cloud out of hot glue globs or some other transparent material and lighting it with an LED would probably look neat too.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I only asked about Valkyries because I'm scouring eBay now for Kasrkin & a Valkyrie as a second detachment to my all-Primaris as a way to get Anti-Tank without plopping for a Repulsor.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Gilgameshback posted:

That would be rad but I would have no idea how to do it. Making the fly cloud out of hot glue globs or some other transparent material and lighting it with an LED would probably look neat too.

Weird, must be a trick of the photo.

Either way, the cloud looks great. Not looking forward to painting that on my Typhus

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Shockeh posted:

I only asked about Valkyries because I'm scouring eBay now for Kasrkin & a Valkyrie as a second detachment to my all-Primaris as a way to get Anti-Tank without plopping for a Repulsor.

My plan is to use Vendettas.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I know people were talking about the youtube guy who won that warhammer world event. He put up a video where he and his friend talk about their lists and their games.

I timestamped it about half way where he finally starts talking about the 5 games but Im sure Uroboros will like to watch the whole thing to hear the guy explain why Ultramarines are the best SM legion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-UT5yv7bWA&t=2047s

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

WhiteOutMouse posted:

explain why Ultramarines are the best SM legion.
:thunk:

Wrong thread. :v:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Played around with the assassin spam list last night. 16 eversors with Celestine and a bunch of trash was pretty good

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Eversors are great

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

So what's the most cost effective way to kitbash twenty Eversors?

I'm thinking a box of Marauders with Sigmarine heads, Catachan daggers, and tricked out ork pistols.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My plan is to use Vendettas.

I just can't shake the cool idea of my TOTALLY-NOT-ALPHA-LEGION-GUYS Primaris having some full on, Spec Ops-in-a-Future-HIND support in a Valkyrie. The fact it's pretty good on the field (dump 10 guys with 4 Meltas 9" from a target they can't be counterassaulted easily on, and the Valk still putzes about being a Valk) is just cherry on the cake.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

moths posted:

I'm thinking a box of Marauders with Sigmarine heads, Catachan daggers, and tricked out ork pistols.

Holy crap that sounds amazing

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

moths posted:

I'm going to use Rievers because they are awesome models but are trash

e: the guy I played at dragonfall played 20 Eversors and had 20 real Eversor models.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Naramyth posted:

Are they? I keep wondering about the Carbine option - Fine, you lose 1A, but if you don't try to use them as an Assault unit, just a unit that prefers to do the charging than being charged, they're still Primaris with Storm Bolters and Heavy Bolt Pistols.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Naramyth posted:

e: the guy I played at dragonfall played 20 Eversors and had 20 real Eversor models.

What was his actual list?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Shockeh posted:

Are they? I keep wondering about the Carbine option - Fine, you lose 1A, but if you don't try to use them as an Assault unit, just a unit that prefers to do the charging than being charged, they're still Primaris with Storm Bolters and Heavy Bolt Pistols.

I've tried really hard to make carbine Reivers work but they still underperform pretty heavily for me. The lack of AP on the carbines really hurts, and they lack the raw number of shots that an actual stormbolter has to make up the difference. If they were cheaper they might be usable but as it is there's nothing they can do that I can't do better with jump infantry.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I made a new Camhammer video about the incredibly spotty history of Warhammer movies, as well as where they might go next:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8grMb540Bw

Safety Factor posted:

:thunk:

Wrong thread. :v:

It was true in M.31, it's true in M.41 :agesilaus:

moths posted:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I know people were talking about the youtube guy who won that warhammer world event. He put up a video where he and his friend talk about their lists and their games.

I timestamped it about half way where he finally starts talking about the 5 games but Im sure Uroboros will like to watch the whole thing to hear the guy explain why Ultramarines are the best SM legion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-UT5yv7bWA&t=2047s

This guy makes that whole thing so fun to watch.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

moths posted:

Surely Wyches with skulls for heads?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

These are magnificent.

Twenty Eversor assassins on the same battlefield is fluff as hell. I can imagine an inquisitional acolyte clicking SUBMIT REQUEST... then panicking when the antiquated system freezes. He'd click it 19 more times, then freeze in horror the when the confirmation screen says 20 boxed Eversor have been deployed.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Shockeh posted:

Normal marines are too expensive to see play, primaris marines (except aggressors, sort of) are right out.

Hencoe posted:

What was his actual list?

2x elite detachment, and a brigade
5x primas pskyers
6x10 infantry squads
6x cyber wolves
3x spotlights
20 assassins

My list drops 4 assassins,the spotlights, and some pskers to get a libby for null zone, celestine, a culexus, mortar teams and a company commander.

moths posted:

These are magnificent.

Twenty Eversor assassins on the same battlefield is fluff as hell. I can imagine an inquisitional acolyte clicking SUBMIT REQUEST... then panicking when the antiquated system freezes. He'd click it 19 more times, then freeze in horror the when the confirmation screen says 20 boxed Eversor have been deployed.

:getin:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Shockeh posted:

I just can't shake the cool idea of my TOTALLY-NOT-ALPHA-LEGION-GUYS Primaris having some full on, Spec Ops-in-a-Future-HIND support in a Valkyrie. The fact it's pretty good on the field (dump 10 guys with 4 Meltas 9" from a target they can't be counterassaulted easily on, and the Valk still putzes about being a Valk) is just cherry on the cake.

That's exactly why I want to do the Vendettas, which have the same troop capacity as the Valkyrie but also the benefits of lascannon covering fire. Make everything black with white Inquisition livery and use an Inquisitor model for the commander. The only question is if I went Stormtroopers then why wouldn't I just have them drop in/teleport instead?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

moths posted:

These are magnificent.

He would immediately be executed for his incompetence upon discovery, then Canonized upon word of their victory.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Space Marines sure pay a lot of points for a bunch of stats that rarely come into play

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This could be a fun addendum:

Detachment: Vanguard
Regiment: Mordian
HQ: Primaris Psyker (40)
HQ: Primaris Psyker (40)
Elite: Platoon Commander, Chainsword, Boltgun (21)
Elite: Platoon Commander, Chainsword, Boltgun (21)
Elite: Command Squad: 4x Meltaguns (72)
Elite: Command Squad: 4x Meltaguns (72)
Flyer: Vendetta Gunship (230)

Total: 496 Points

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Phyresis posted:

Space Marines sure pay a lot of points for a bunch of stats that rarely come into play

Sorry your t3 pansy rear end screening elves can't beat the deep strike assault troops that they're blocking.

Megaspam
Mar 1, 2007

In this ever changing world in which we live in.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's exactly why I want to do the Vendettas, which have the same troop capacity as the Valkyrie but also the benefits of lascannon covering fire. Make everything black with white Inquisition livery and use an Inquisitor model for the commander. The only question is if I went Stormtroopers then why wouldn't I just have them drop in/teleport instead?

If you disembark normally, instead of by grav chute, your hotshot lasguns could be in rapid fire range.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Spent last night painting up a unit of plaguebearers and having a blast. Painting these guys up is way better than endless space marines. Going by the citadel paint app for skin plus Duncan for their swords, I'll post some pictures once I've got some highlights on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I...It's not like I wanted to kill you anyways, baka-xenos.