Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

They can’t add dlc characters to MK8 because they know they’d have made the best game of all time and it’d be unfair. I would die for Kamek to get in though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

MechaSeinfeld posted:

They can’t add dlc characters to MK8 because they know they’d have made the best game of all time and it’d be unfair. I would die for Kamek to get in though

Yis for broomstick kart

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I'm just glad the Miis made it. I wish they would make it into the new Mario Strikers but know that won't happen.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

add diddy kong to mk8 at least

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

a.lo posted:

Also yis

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Why are there no Pokemon in Mario Kart?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Funky Kong

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Whole lotta alleged Mario Kart fans not posting in the cool and good Mario Kart thread where all the cool kids are hanging out :colbert:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Looks like the Switch (and PS4) is getting another time loop adventure: A Place for the Unwilling. Anybody play this on Steam already?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

a.lo posted:

This is my main hope for the DLC. I really want a few characters to be a surprise mid way through all the tracks or something. Do the right thing, Nintendo. :pray:

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
personally, I am hoping the mario kart dlc introduces the single-player game mode we’ve all been waiting for: the Silver Coin Challenge

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Who cares about more characters? Where are new tracks? Maybe throw in an editor?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Is the Genki dock still the best choice for a second dock?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Yes

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"throwing in" a track editor in MK8DX seems .... unlikely

Feb 2, 2005
Also a huge draw of Mario Kart is the details and sense of place in each track. Thinking of Mario + crew cruising around in sterile, repetitive TrackMania type voids loving sucks yo.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

No. 6 posted:

Who cares about more characters?

Reasonable and attractive people, like me.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

F

ZEROOOOOOO

X.

It's out, goons. And it is wonderful.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/chex-quest-hd-switch/

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Surprised it doesn't need an Always-Online connection like Doom does

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I was going to say “HELL yes” until I saw the game is free on Steam :sigh:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HD version? Nah, gimme the original doom wad

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Even better, let people switch between both on the fly like in Halo Anniversary.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

yeah I’d get it if it was old school graphics, this new thing looks awful

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Man these 3ds jupiter picrosses are harder than the ones on switch

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Button cleaning tip. The buttons on my Lite were sticky, like they needed a hard initial press to make them work, then they’d be OK, but if the console sat for even a few hours, they’d stick again.

I watched a few YouTube’s on how to take a Lite apart, but I didn’t really want to tackle that, so I got to thinking on how I could get between the button and shell without disassembly.

Turns out paper works just fine. Take a small piece of paper and jam it between the button and shell

Then take a qtip, soak the tip in isopropyl alcohol, and touch it to the paper to transfer the alcohol without having to literally pour it on your switch

Then just work the paper around the button and shell. If you’re OCD like me, you can put a piece of dry paper in after that and dry the button and shell off with it

I will say the A and B buttons were fixed right away, but my X and Y buttons took two treatments.

After that I stuck it in front of a small desk fan to get any remaining iso out and that was it

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just tried this and it bricked my switch and every switch in a 100 mi radius.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

LuckyCat posted:

I just tried this and it bricked my switch and every switch in a 100 mi radius.

:rip:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You may have followed the instructions for an EMP instead

At any point did the guide include the atmospheric detonation of a low-yield nuclear weapon?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

He's going to have paper bits there now.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This Triangle Strategy game? On Hard?
Magnificent!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

glassyalabolas posted:

He's going to have paper bits there now.

I cereal box modded my IIDX Controller so I’m pretty sure paper just improves button responsiveness.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've missed F-Zero X so much, I'm rusty on Death Race. Took me 6m10s to clear out everyone.

Am I the only one who mainly attacks other racers from the left of them (hitting R twice)? I've tried it the other way, and it just feels horrible to do.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Man chocobo racing is scummy I'm glad Mario kart will give it no oxygen with it's ton of tracks

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Donkey Kong Tactics: The Great Kong War

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Did the gta trilogy ever get patched enough to be good?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

it got less bad but it’s still not great. i played through them all and had a good time, but i’m a huge mark for that trilogy so ymmv

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Junkie Disease posted:

Man chocobo racing is scummy I'm glad Mario kart will give it no oxygen with it's ton of tracks

Dumbasses forgot to leave the micro currency out of the game and then patch it in after a month smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

On PS5 at least it’s in a pretty good state now. I can’t speak for the quality of the switch port, but they’ve done about four major patches now tackling hundreds of issues each pass.