Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really need to give this series a crack. people scared me off by telling me I had to mod it for it to be playable but the fine people at IZ assured me those people are full of poo poo, and i have like 2 of the games in my library

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never used mods and had a great time. The first game is particularly frightening

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Silent Storm, Men of War, Metro, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (except Clear Sky, which loving sucks, even fully modded CS is just kind of fun) IL2, Kingdom Come and ARMA (Czech is disputably between Germanic and Slavic though- they’re kind of a distinct thing TBH) This War Of Mine, the Shadow Warrior reboot (just the first one the sequel kinda sucked lol)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you mod your first playthrough of STALKER you need to be shot in the dome. Hell I say you should never mod it but meh, some disagree.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Clear Sky is fine until the end of the game and as long as you don't try doing faction stuff. It's like doing it in GTA SA.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Probably more Monster Hunter and then Persona 5 and/or Danganronpa 3 if they download in time. I played up to the end of the first dungeon in P5 at a friends house last year but no more .... excited to play for real

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Silent Storm, Men of War, Metro, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (except Clear Sky, which loving sucks, even fully modded CS is just kind of fun) IL2, Kingdom Come and ARMA (Czech is disputably between Germanic and Slavic though- they’re kind of a distinct thing TBH) This War Of Mine, the Shadow Warrior reboot (just the first one the sequel kinda sucked lol)

Oh and CDPR games. Hurrrr

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i am all for modding games that you really loved but thought some things could be improved. hell i made insane mods for JK2/JKA to change the gameplay a lot that took me days in my teens. but when people say "oh, dont even start it before you install the realism 3.4b AIDS mod" or whatever is loving disconcerting

i will try the first stalker game everyone says is good one day. there are too many games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There's only 3.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl is the first one and perhaps the most STALKERy experience and it's hard to say it's not the best of them but it's at least close with Call of Pripyat which is the third one, whether better or worse, but their pretty close.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I also want to play Witcher 3 but I've played up to when you go to Skyrim island twice now and lost my save again and don't really wanna do it for the third time 😞 my last playthrough was super meticulous too

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The only SoC mods I really recommend are the ones that add more weapon variants, like AK-74 modifications especially, and the one that adds the random blowout storms from CoP. For some reason it’s just really cool when you’re in a gunfight with a bunch of bandits and then suddenly you all have to retreat and take cover when the blowout siren sounds.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

should I buy divinity: original sin on sale for 12$ on GOG?

No, but the sequel is great.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

should I buy divinity: original sin on sale for 12$ on GOG?

Hell yeah you should. It’s insanely good and stole like a month and a half straight of my life from me.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

baking banana bread and watching pro australian rocket league which is on tv for some reason lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

If you mod your first playthrough of STALKER you need to be shot in the dome. Hell I say you should never mod it but meh, some disagree.

get his rear end.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

No, but the sequel is great.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/insanelybuff/status/1008155754526801920

https://twitter.com/insanelybuff/status/1008159153414705152

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*looks at the calendar*

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

baking banana bread and watching pro australian rocket league which is on tv for some reason lol

theres 8 people in the audience and its 4 children a corresponding parent for each one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A surprising goomba stomp, to be sure, but a welcome one.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol :)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Vangers is a cool eastern european jank game, it's one of the most legitimately alien games I've ever played. It's set far in the future after a war between humanity and another species that ended with both sides bombarding the other with their genetic data, turning everybody into hosed up mutants. You play as a defective newborn who is used as basically slave labor for your species. It has weird voxel graphics and really hosed up controls that are impossible to understand. The manual and the game have different controls listed but that basically fits in the lore where you're an untouchable caste who gets thrown into a car and told to drive places within moments after your birth

It has a cool soundtrack too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipei123cOcM

I can never play it for more than an hour before my head starts to hurt though

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm. going to buy games on gog for cheap

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

I'm. going to buy games on gog for cheap

i do this a lot and then I don't play the games

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve been playing Yakuza 0 all day. I always ignored the real estate but suddenly got really into it and now that’s like all I’ve done the last 2 days.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Not sure how close I am to the end of Aria of Sorrow. I got the sword/armor/ring/bat power from the arena. The conveyor room took me a few tries. I appreciate that the weretigers use Tiger Uppercut.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not sure how close I am to the end of Aria of Sorrow. I got the sword/armor/ring/bat power from the arena. The conveyor room took me a few tries. I appreciate that the weretigers use Tiger Uppercut.

The lore on him and the jaguars is their practicing their moves to use to defeat each other.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

The lore on him and the jaguars is their practicing their moves to use to defeat each other.
That's amazing. I don't know how I managed to avoid this series for so long.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

aria of sorrow is loving awesome. ive beaten that game like 20 times lmao. highly recommend the hard mode since its so short and sweet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Imp Zone is lit tonight.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

My Wheelhouse has followed you!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah and it leads to the Smash Megathread where you smelly motherfuckers crawled out of.

Lmfao.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Pillars 2 I think I'm getting near the end as I've played 50 hours

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It's All About Jurassic World

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
whoahwaho when the gently caress did space invaders extreme come to steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also i used a mod for stalker shadow of chernobyl that fixes some crashes and poo poo and also brihngs your character to eye level with other characters and that's it so i think you should do it if only for stability and disable all gameplay changes