Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

tinaun posted:

You know that french fan-translation of homestuck?

Well...

All those years of French immersion finally pay off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think I'm missing a joke. Why is it ironic for Lord English to die by some horses?

...is his weakness some terrible pun, and cue balls is just a fake out?

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Bobulus posted:

I think I'm missing a joke. Why is it ironic for Lord English to die by some horses?

"One trick pony."

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

All this HomestuckRPGchat makes me want to write up a Homestuck Fiasco playset...

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

tinaun posted:

You know that french fan-translation of homestuck?

Well...

DE CYEBERB SEX PONEY TOROLL

This is cool.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

google can't translate this page at all ahahaha it's complete gibberish

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Somehow I can't help but think that some of Homestuck's magic was lost in localization. That said, even being unable to read any of it, I cracked the gently caress up when I got to "Dave"'s pages.

That said, in the real Homestuck, I've really been liking this arc. Amusing Hussie shenanigans, while at the same time giving us more of the long-awaited main villain. Even though a lot of people were unimpressed at first, nobody can deny going "Oh snap" when he suddenly appeared to Ms. Paint, who we were rightfully worried about. I was initially concerned that we wouldn't have much time to grow to come to appreciate the big green man as a foe, but I think this has been fairly helpful now in that regard. I like him the more I see of him.

Color Printer posted:

...did anyone just have MSPA Notify go off? Like, twice?

I can't decide if it's trolling on April Fool's Day or broken. :psyduck:

Mine did as well, while I was away, and apparently froze from whatever happened. I was a bit less than thrilled between that and there being no actual update.

Edit:

Well Manicured Man posted:

Oh, just wanted to remind you guys that Goonstuck is still a thing even though our team hasn't been able to play for three weeks, and I've finally gotten around to starting the music for it.
protonicAssignment

Nice.. It sounds incredibly familiar, that tune, but I can't exactly place it at the moment.

Midnight Raider fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Apr 1, 2012

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Sensational Bartholomew and Haggard Jeffry is the greatest thing.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Here's an english "translation". (warning mspaforums)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I don't know if it's already been discussed but that glimpse we caught of the world outside Hussie's tower here, is this the painting? Fog and mountains and horses...

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Krinkle posted:

google can't translate this page at all ahahaha it's complete gibberish

It's actually mangled, if you can speak french and fix the words it kind of makes sense?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Midnight Raider posted:

Nice.. It sounds incredibly familiar, that tune, but I can't exactly place it at the moment.

When I was making the song the first melody kept reminding me of Bowman's "Old Buggy Now", while the part immediately after that kept making me think of the beginning of Tensei's "Dance of Thorns". I don't know why those tunes were stuck in my head in the first place...

And speaking of music, I had a productive afternoon that ended with a song about Aranea.

The Sylph

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

ShardPhoenix posted:

This is quite entertaining.

edit: And I just marathoned the whole Precision-F-Strike one.

PFS is my favorite of the Homestuck live bloggers. She writes some good stuff about subtle character moments and has funny reactions to the flashes.

A shame she seems to be too busy to post recently. :(

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
If Hussie does die, I hope a nice big DEAD. appears next to bis green bullet riddled body. :allears:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I started working on a thing: Fiasco:Homestuck Edition
(Work VERY much in progress.)

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Hussie saves himself by uploading a huge flash of him dieing, using LE as the hosting server. The fandom accidentally DDOS Lord English long enough for Hussie to escape with MS.Paint

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FewtureMD posted:

I started working on a thing: Fiasco:Homestuck Edition
(Work VERY much in progress.)

This is very much relevant to my interests. You need a fourth category, though.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I'm nowhere near done. I expect to add in Items and a specialized Tilt table in the next few days.

Edit: leprechaun erections. Oh Hussie. :allears:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Am I the only person hearing "Ave Maria" in my head on that last page?

This is the worst April Fool's update :ohdear:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never simultaneously been saddened by and guffawed at the death of an author avatar.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Don't worry guys, I'm sure Ms Paint will carry him to his quest bed.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

[S] Hussie: Rise up.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
The ante has been upped by a huge margin.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
You can tell he's having all kinds of fun drawing Lord English in this sequence.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
See, this is what happens when you don't believe in Rufio, Hussie. :colbert:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Snollygoster posted:

You can tell he's having all kinds of fun drawing Lord English in this sequence.

All of these panels are avatar-worthy.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Welp, it was a good run guys.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
If you ain't laughing at Hussie wiggling like crazy as he's getting pumped full of bullets, you're doing it wrong.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Well Manicured Man posted:

Am I the only person hearing "Ave Maria" in my head on that last page?

I had a dream it would end this way.

I'm with whoever said Hussie would just disappear from the internet until the 13th. That's really the best possible outcome of this.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
HUSSIE, NO! :aaa:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

To everyone who wailed at Hussie inserting himself into the story: EAT IT. This is a magical page. I dont think I've ever seen a self-insert be spectacularly useless then get brutally gunned down in a webcomic before. :allears:

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
Well, I've never seen a literal death of the author before.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I wonder if Hussie is the first good author to successfully insert himself into a narrative and then kill himself off?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Roger Explosion posted:

I wonder if Hussie is the first good author to successfully insert himself into a narrative and then kill himself off?
Grant Morrison :colbert:
Kinda.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Did Dante Basco stop reading Homestuck after getting spoiled about the kiss? Is that why Rufio is getting referenced a ton now?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Did Dante Basco stop reading Homestuck after getting spoiled about the kiss? Is that why Rufio is getting referenced a ton now?

As far as I know, he's still reading it but he's busy with a lot of other poo poo right now.

Also, I wonder what the BARK code that Jake made is doing in the gun firing panel. I wonder if that's B2's equivalent to the Code the Trolls had.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
He's been abroad without wifi for the past week or so, he's still reading Homestuck.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Boneless Jogger posted:

Also, I wonder what the BARK code that Jake made is doing in the gun firing panel. I wonder if that's B2's equivalent to the Code the Trolls had.
I know this is Homestuck and everything is significant and/or a callback, but I'm pretty sure that's just some machinegun firing onomatopoeia. BRAKA BRAKA BRAKA, not BARK.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I really like the return of the "panel divided into two colours" approach to showdowns here, where Lord English's side is flickering all his different colours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
And as we all know, whenever a death is played for laughs in Homestuck, it is permanent.