Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Libluini posted:

Dominions 4 really needs a message-archive so you can look back at your old dumb messages from time to time. Also missing someone's message because he isn't on IRC and you staled when his message arrived is rear end and should just not be. :colbert:

I'd settle for the ability to edit messages before sending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Eschatos posted:

I'd settle for the ability to edit messages before sending.

Well, you can recall a send message and write a new one, but yeah. Would be nice to just be able to edit them.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Have you ever played Dominions Four and thought "I wish underwater nations could be not as terrible"?

This mod lets every UW faction recruit a scout, one or two commanders, and at least one priest and one mage, or a mage-priest, plus a few troops in any land province with a fort.

You might just enjoy it.

e: if you downloaded this before 7pm GMT on the 15th October, either find and replace 2829 to 2899 or just redownload the file to fix a Ys recruitment error where they were getting Therodian hoplites instead of Kernou cav on land.

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 15, 2016

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

jBrereton posted:

Just as an fyi to newer players, your warscore is raised by 10% from the get-go and you take less AE penalties if you have a suitable declaration, for example:

I thought warscore was a Paradox games thing? WTF is war score in Dominions?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I thought warscore was a Paradox games thing? WTF is war score in Dominions?

He is joking. That kind of messages are done in multiplayer games, where obviously your relationships with other players isn't controlled by any internal score.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wait, what?

well, i

oh.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Forget to script him?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Can an opponent see my pixelpersons if they are all stealthy and are hanging around on my side of the border?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fat Samurai posted:

Can an opponent see my pixelpersons if they are all stealthy and are hanging around on my side of the border?

If you set them to "hide", no.
If you forgot, they can see them very easily

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

MF_James posted:

Forget to script him?

If he doesn't know anything else an S1 will happily blink until dead. It's very good.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's year one and i forgot to take steps to make absolutely positive he didn't kill himself

naturally he killed himself

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I guess if there's literally nothing else your Kohen Gadol can cast, he'll cast Blink. Sorry for your loss, friend.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pinchas was a fool and i am glad he is dead

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Dont speak trill of the dead

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Quick question for people I am a terrible player playing a EA game as Helheim and I was wondering about corpse man construction and if it was worth to go get the lightning rod for three a cast.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Erm maybe, what are they being made for

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

tankfish posted:

Quick question for people I am a terrible player playing a EA game as Helheim and I was wondering about corpse man construction and if it was worth to go get the lightning rod for three a cast.

Absolutely, plus a storm spool. Corpse constructs go from not at all worth it to very good value.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

tankfish posted:

Why are you spending gems on corpse constructs as helheim?

tankfish
May 31, 2013
I heard it as dubious advice from a friend which is to say that they make great chaff and I don't really know how to play Helheim.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

tankfish posted:

I heard it as dubious advice from a friend which is to say that they make great chaff and I don't really know how to play Helheim.

You could forge some Horror Helmets for blessed commanders to fight in melee

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

How are Camazotz and Zotz as commander-killer / sneaky behind-the-lines province-taking guerrilla forces? I'm not playing Xibalba, but have a neutral cave with these guys recruitable.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
bad nations 4 will start tonight without Ferrosol

whoops this is not the pgs thread

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Extremely good en masse, particularly if it's early and you're fighting any one of the constantly broke palisade factions.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Ah horror helmets makes more sense then goofy looking flesh golems

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Samog posted:

bad nations 4 will start tonight without Ferrosol

whoops this is not the pgs thread

EEEEE I'm so giddy, been too drat long since I played and lost a Dom4 game.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
update: Ferrosol updated a pretender I think? so the game is starting with him instead of without him

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

How are Camazotz and Zotz as commander-killer / sneaky behind-the-lines province-taking guerrilla forces? I'm not playing Xibalba, but have a neutral cave with these guys recruitable.

Make 40/turn and a wizard until you have at least 200 or so

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

tankfish posted:

Um then I think you should spend your air gems by sending a seeking arrow through your friend's heart, killing him instantly.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Decrepus posted:

Um then I think you should spend your air gems by sending a seeking arrow through your friend's heart, killing him instantly.

Tough, but fair.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Make 40/turn and a wizard until you have at least 200 or so

That sounds pretty doable. Would the plan be to use the entire 200 as a mega backstab-force, or to send out clusters of 40 with their own leader to each steal a province?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
The latter.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:frogsiren: Dominions 4: Mo Money Mo Problems II Part 28 :frogsiren:

New LP-part is ready!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

That sounds pretty doable. Would the plan be to use the entire 200 as a mega backstab-force, or to send out clusters of 40 with their own leader to each steal a province?

Yeah the latter as monkee said. Now you can pile into groups to take tougher provinces, overwhelm a smaller force, or knock down walls quickly. The danger with grouping your bats up is that they are weak and scared, bats will route VERY easily and if you're up against stuff that's too tough they will get smacked and then slowly all route.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

MF_James posted:

they are weak and scared

yeah same

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
40 bats will gently caress off at the slightest provocation, and if you're using them as ~super special forces raiders~ it's quite likely they won't have anywhere to run to.

I'd recommend dive bombing a province with 200 and then attacking (in varying amounts) surrounding provinces unless you know in advance your opponent has gently caress all PD/troops/mages able to reach the provinces you're about to go after.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

jBrereton posted:

40 bats will gently caress off at the slightest provocation, and if you're using them as ~super special forces raiders~ it's quite likely they won't have anywhere to run to.

I'd recommend dive bombing a province with 200 and then attacking (in varying amounts) surrounding provinces unless you know in advance your opponent has gently caress all PD/troops/mages able to reach the provinces you're about to go after.

Use scouts so you know what kind of PD situation you are jumping into. Sometimes they will bounce even so.

However, you can take swathes of land so if one fails one of the neighboring ones should succeed. You can double up if you see them using more pd or w/e. Bats own.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Enjoy posted:

You could forge some Horror Helmets for blessed commanders to fight in melee

Man how are those even remotely comparable? One's a thug item, the other is a cheap summon, they use different gems. Do both.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Eschatos posted:

Man how are those even remotely comparable? One's a thug item, the other is a cheap summon, they use different gems. Do both.

Corpse men are A.

A few better ways to use A as Helheim

Summon Air elementals
Cast magics in combat
Forge hammered quills (you should do this a ton early)
Summon Giant Eagles/Black burd to siege/patrol
Strike enemies in the heart with an arrow killing them instantly.

I mean corpse men arent that bad if you are making a few to stand in front of tstrikers I suppose but dont make too many

Nuclearmonkee fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 20, 2016

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
corpse constructs are cool tho. im frakenstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Yes monkee is right (he's always right btw), do not waste A gems as a heim nation, A will get you angry thunder and air elementals and quills oh my. If you add some S gems you can get yourself some ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A nation that uses a lot of A, but it is OK to make corpse constructs? Caelum.

• Locked thread