Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I finally got the 15x.

Too bad I had less than 15 bullets to use with it. (also I whiffed so many shots; that much zoom fucks with my sense of distance too much)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Rex-Goliath posted:

Did they mess with how sound works at all lately, or has anyone noticed that sound works differently in fpp vs tpp? I'm suddenly finding it way way harder to echo-locate nearby footsteps, gunshots, engines, everything. It's very strange because it's not like the effect is diminished or anything, it's straight up not there any more.

Anyone? Just me?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I am so bad at distance shots. I can never hit targets at more than 100 meters. My longest kill was 295m and it was sheer lucky with a few silenced m16 bursts. I'm good at ambushes and sneaking so pretty much every game I play is a lot of action in the beginning followed by a lot of hiding and trying to set up ambushes and get in position for later circles. I rarely take pot shots at people I see more than 100m away unless I can do it completely hidden or turn it into a fight between two people who haven't seen each other yet (this is honestly my favorite thing in the game). I just wish I was as good as other people at distance shots so I could turn those into solo kills.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

gently caress shadowplay its already a pain in the butt scrolling past dozens screenshots of people winning 2am solo games itt

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I am so bad at distance shots. I can never hit targets at more than 100 meters. My longest kill was 295m and it was sheer lucky with a few silenced m16 bursts.

I feel you here. I got a kill the other day at 300m with only iron sights and I don't know who was more surprised, me or him.

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I am so bad at distance shots. I can never hit targets at more than 100 meters. My longest kill was 295m and it was sheer lucky with a few silenced m16 bursts.

I'm sure you know but make sure that you're not using burst mode for long kills. It's better to just use single shots.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Confer posted:

I'm sure you know but make sure that you're not using burst mode for long kills. It's better to just use single shots.

I did not know that. I always use bursts for distance shots if it's available. Auto is totally unreliable but it feels like the bursts have less recoil on the m16.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah I'm excited for when movement in this game doesn't feel like I'm a potato awkwardly bumping into other potatoes.

Seems fine to me

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

ethanol posted:

Seems fine to me

*stands in front of a shin high wire fence and is completely unable to move past it without backing up and making a running jump*

Yup. Seems fine.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I am so bad at distance shots.

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I rarely take pot shots at people I see more than 100m

well no poo poo

Rex-Goliath posted:

Anyone? Just me?

I notice no difference at all in FPP and am able to track people accurately using sound just fine

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Fart Car '97 posted:

I notice no difference at all in FPP and am able to track people accurately using sound just fine

That's odd- then. It's like my headphones have toggled themselves over to mono channel somehow. I need to figure this out

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

HatfulOfHollow posted:

*stands in front of a shin high wire fence and is completely unable to move past it without backing up and making a running jump*

Yup. Seems fine.
*jumps into the air and legs freeze in place*
*tries to press up against wall and shunts to the side instead*
*drives car into traffic cone, explodes*

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

*makes wild gestures towards avatar*

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Fart Car '97 posted:

I can sort of track people's footsteps but gunshots and car sounds feel a little off.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

ethanol posted:

*makes wild gestures towards avatar*

damnit lol

Confer
Feb 28, 2017

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I did not know that. I always use bursts for distance shots if it's available. Auto is totally unreliable but it feels like the bursts have less recoil on the m16.

Yeah it's a lot easier to hit the target with one shot rather than the three at once.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

HatfulOfHollow posted:

I am so bad at distance shots. I can never hit targets at more than 100 meters. My longest kill was 295m and it was sheer lucky with a few silenced m16 bursts. I'm good at ambushes and sneaking so pretty much every game I play is a lot of action in the beginning followed by a lot of hiding and trying to set up ambushes and get in position for later circles. I rarely take pot shots at people I see more than 100m away unless I can do it completely hidden or turn it into a fight between two people who haven't seen each other yet (this is honestly my favorite thing in the game). I just wish I was as good as other people at distance shots so I could turn those into solo kills.

Aim the first shot at the top of their head and hold m1. Worst case you hit their body. Adjust from there and practice.

Also yeah no burst at long ranges. It only seems to be useful when you're hip firing.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

What does holding right mouse do in third person? Is this just a way to walk?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Tightens the reticle and reduces spread. Try it with smgs for fun and profit

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Tonetta posted:

for those of you who are using the new shadowplay feature, you have to click save on each clip to actually retain them all. Also, it will pick up discord in the clips.

Okay I haven't been able to get this to work at all. This is some poorly-documented and well-hidden poo poo. Is there a step-by-step for dummies guide on this? I'm at my wits end for just pressing buttons to try to get it to work.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Rex-Goliath posted:

Anyone? Just me?

Whenever this happens to me I check my headphones and I've usually put them on backwards. I usually figure out quickly because my brain knows there's something hosed up but it always takes me a moment to figure it out

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Rex-Goliath posted:

Anyone? Just me?

Cars seem quieter, but thats it. Scars seem as rare as sniper rifles now, which is fine because I seem to only use the m16

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
A friend traded me the black/white tracksuit last night and I proceeded to get like 14 kills over 4 games.

Coincidence? I think not. :colbert:

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Tonetta posted:

for those of you who are using the new shadowplay feature, you have to click save on each clip to actually retain them all. Also, it will pick up discord in the clips.

I just turned on Highlights on both Shadowplay and the game and every clip saves automatically for me.

Evilreaver posted:

Okay I haven't been able to get this to work at all. This is some poorly-documented and well-hidden poo poo. Is there a step-by-step for dummies guide on this? I'm at my wits end for just pressing buttons to try to get it to work.

In Shadowplay menu make sure Highlight is set to "on" (Alt+Z - Options - Highlights)
Then in PUBG go to the menu and set Highlights to "on".
When you enter a lobby for the first time after both of these are on a prompt comes up asking if you want to use the highlight feature.

WirelessPillow fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 22, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The highlight feature would be a lot better if there was a Save All to Gallery or a Save as Montage feature. I really don't feel like clicking through each individual clip and saving it to gallery while my team waits for me. When you're getting like 10+ kills per game, that's a lot of clips to click through for no apparent reason.

I think they'll update it, but as of yesterday I wasn't pleased by it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Penpal posted:

Whenever this happens to me I check my headphones and I've usually put them on backwards. I usually figure out quickly because my brain knows there's something hosed up but it always takes me a moment to figure it out

No it's not that the echo location trick is backwards, it's just straight up not there anymore. I'll swing my head and can't find any discernible difference in either ear. I think my setup has gotten messed up somehow, I dunno.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

VulgarandStupid posted:

The highlight feature would be a lot better if there was a Save All to Gallery or a Save as Montage feature. I really don't feel like clicking through each individual clip and saving it to gallery while my team waits for me. When you're getting like 10+ kills per game, that's a lot of clips to click through for no apparent reason.

I think they'll update it, but as of yesterday I wasn't pleased by it.

You were able to get 10 kills to show up? I got 5 one game and it only showed 3 or 4 kills and my death. Do I need to adjust my cache size somewhere?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

GigaPeon posted:

You were able to get 10 kills to show up? I got 5 one game and it only showed 3 or 4 kills and my death. Do I need to adjust my cache size somewhere?

Are you sure it wasn't grouping kills together? If two kills are close enough together, it will group them in to one clip and call it a double kill.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

WirelessPillow posted:

In Shadowplay menu make sure Highlight is set to "on" (Alt+Z - Options - Highlights)
Then in PUBG go to the menu and set Highlights to "on".
When you enter a lobby for the first time after both of these are on a prompt comes up asking if you want to use the highlight feature.

Didn't know there was also a setting in-game, went through the overlay twenty times. But it's greyed out! Why? :saddowns:
Only thing I could think would cause that is 'incompatible video card' but I have a GTX 970 sooooo :(

Edit: Looks like I had to update my drivers twice. Cool.
AARUGH THAT DIDN'T FIX IT EITHER :byodood:

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 22, 2017

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Evilreaver posted:

Didn't know there was also a setting in-game, went through the overlay twenty times. But it's greyed out! Why? :saddowns:
Only thing I could think would cause that is 'incompatible video card' but I have a GTX 970 sooooo :(

Edit: Looks like I had to update my drivers twice. Cool.
AARUGH THAT DIDN'T FIX IT EITHER :byodood:

The only requirement I can find is this "To activate ShadowPlay Highlights in PUBG you’ll need to update to the latest version of PUBG, have GeForce Experience 3.8 or higher, and have a GeForce GTX graphics card."
https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-adds-shadowplay-highlights-and-hbao-plus

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

VulgarandStupid posted:

Are you sure it wasn't grouping kills together? If two kills are close enough together, it will group them in to one clip and call it a double kill.

Fairly certain they were all labeled Single Kills and it was my first "Kill the guy that landed near me before wandering around for 10 minutes" kill that was missing.

I tweaked my setting a while ago so it wasn't saving multi-gig 5 minute long videos, so maybe that's why. Or maybe I just suck as scroll bars.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

GigaPeon posted:

it will occasionally miss one but it will group kills that are within 40 seconds or so together

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009
So I played with some nerd named Xfactor last night who's apparently some youtuber/streamer. I accidentally TKed him from a car. Can anyone figure out how the heck I shot him? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEjijMjy51g

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

WirelessPillow posted:

The only requirement I can find is this "To activate ShadowPlay Highlights in PUBG you’ll need to update to the latest version of PUBG, have GeForce Experience 3.8 or higher, and have a GeForce GTX graphics card."
https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-adds-shadowplay-highlights-and-hbao-plus

Ah, turns out it should be working for Win7, but isn't. Thanks comments on that page and literally nowhere else

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

GOD!

I just got 2nd after wiping 8, poached a guy with a groza...that thing is amazing. Groza with a 4x got me 2 more, final kill the guy flanked me while I was shooting #3 :(

So sad :gonk:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Evilreaver posted:

Ah, turns out it should be working for Win7, but isn't. Thanks comments on that page and literally nowhere else

You should probably upgrade to Win 10.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

BIFF! posted:

So I played with some nerd named Xfactor last night who's apparently some youtuber/streamer. I accidentally TKed him from a car. Can anyone figure out how the heck I shot him? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEjijMjy51g

He jumped out while you were firing, right in to your aimpoint.

Also, Xfactor is a scrub, we used to own him in BF1.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

BIFF! posted:

Nevermind. Thought he glitched out because you can see the model blink once before he gets out.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

edit: oops double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

He jumped out while you were firing, right in to your aimpoint.

Also, Xfactor is a scrub, we used to own him in BF1.

Nah I fired 4 bullets before he got out (26 in the mag left). Just weird lag I guess.

• Locked thread