Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

ilmucche posted:

Isn't adoption of the NACS thing one of the major things tesla was looking at for making money?

like two dozen different automakers have all signed on to use it for 2025 onwards:

https://www.motortrend.com/features/tesla-nacs-charging-port-automaker-compatibility/

I guess that and two bucks will buy you a cup of coffee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think people think those charging stations are free (before they use them )

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Krispy Wafer posted:

The CEO of Spotify noticed how much less productive his company was with 1500 fewer people and Musk said hold my boer.

He didn't have to learn from Spotify, he saw firsthand the heights to which Twitter soared after he had axed everybody competent who had worked there

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Elon musk wandering around the Tesla factory, pulling out random cables from half-assembled cars to save on material

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

steinrokkan posted:

He didn't have to learn from Spotify, he saw firsthand the heights to which Twitter soared after he had axed everybody competent who had worked there

500% increase on unregretted user seconds per verified account of non-bot high productivity individuals without a liberal bias

Didn't you see the DogeDesigner chart about it?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I think people think those charging stations are free (before they use them )

It's in the zeitgeist because if you own a much older Tesla, like a 2015 Model S or something, those were all grandfathered into unllimited free Supercharging. Unless you use too much unlimited, and Musk can then force you to pay anyway. Or he can bribe you to give it up: https://electrek.co/2023/04/24/tesla-triesowners-give-up-unlimited-free-supercharging-for-life/

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zero VGS posted:

It's in the zeitgeist because if you own a much older Tesla, like a 2015 Model S or something, those were all grandfathered into unllimited free Supercharging. Unless you use too much unlimited, and Musk can then force you to pay anyway. Or he can bribe you to give it up: https://electrek.co/2023/04/24/tesla-triesowners-give-up-unlimited-free-supercharging-for-life/

I was in a wealthy area of town this weekend and saw way more rivians than teslas, lmao. I think even rich waspy people are tried of elons poo poo.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

LifeSunDeath posted:

I was in a wealthy area of town this weekend and saw way more rivians than teslas, lmao. I think even rich waspy people are tried of elons poo poo.

The other very funny thing about superchargers I read is that if you're a non-Tesla and you take one up, Tesla owners get Big Mad like they have more right to it.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

This is weapons-grade pathetic, you love to see it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Still can’t believe you need an app to charge your car

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Krispy Wafer posted:

The CEO of Spotify noticed how much less productive his company was with 1500 fewer people and Musk said hold my boer.

Huh, turns out the dev services team is extremely important to your company being productive even if they dont have a revenue generating product

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

That's probably a side effect of the price cuts. Teslas are no longer difficult or expensive to buy and the ones that are (like the model S) haven't changed their styling for a decade.

It also helps that Rivians are actual luxury vehicles. I guess Tesla minimalism looked luxurious initially, but it's not aging well. loving capacitive buttons for turn signals...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Marswholecatalog in shambles, disregarding all his plans for Mars as we speak.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
And it was sooooo predictable that it was going to happen.

adnam
Aug 28, 2006

Christmas Whale fully subsidized by ThatsMyBoye

Krispy Wafer posted:

That's probably a side effect of the price cuts. Teslas are no longer difficult or expensive to buy and the ones that are (like the model S) haven't changed their styling for a decade.

It also helps that Rivians are actual luxury vehicles. I guess Tesla minimalism looked luxurious initially, but it's not aging well. loving capacitive buttons for turn signals...

We're in the market for a large EV people mover (5-6) and the Tesla X did look great but I wasn't happy about the gullwing maintenance and 2) all of Elon's BS but with the supercharger team being fired yeah the Rivian line up is looking nicer and nicer these days, but also lol at $100,000

I really just want an EV minivan

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

my town is absolutely lousy with rivians (for a pickup/suv, they don't too bad, imo)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

adnam posted:

I really just want an EV minivan

Coming soonish

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A ~$30,000 EV minivan would be a good car yeah

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Krispy Wafer posted:

The problem with the born to rule types is that they have no special education, no special training, no special anything other than privilege. Then they come to these positions of unfathomable power and wealth thinking everyone under them is inherently inferior to them and, given they have nothing special to bring to the table, why would their inferiors be any different.

Except, of course, the people they treat like things have spent a lifetime learning and training and are important to an organisation in ways c-suite people will never be.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sockser posted:

Coming soonish

See, this looks dumb enough to be fun and cool.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s probably $120,000

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Sockser posted:

Coming soonish

I want one of those that has a driver's seat on both ends, so I can go either way without ever having to make a u-turn

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

When do we get the Richard Scarry apple car??

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I bet you could get a sick nasty launch on the drag strip with one of those

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

euphronius posted:

It’s probably $120,000

Pays for itself as robo momvan

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
even the bluetick coiners find this "concerning"

https://twitter.com/cryptogonzo_/status/1785330800994525365

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

kazil posted:

When do we get the Richard Scarry apple car??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgoEEp6tC6o

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I want one of those that has a driver's seat on both ends, so I can go either way without ever having to make a u-turn

I want to put it in reverse and my seat just rotates and moves along a track.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Time to buy the dip again!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I look forward to Elons' Apology Tour

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Sockser posted:

Coming soonish

This looks like the van from last month's Thor comic that was used to mock the cybertruck for 5 pages straight.
And strangely enough im almost invested in how this looks.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's a bit of a pill

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Laying off your charging org instead of divesting it just in time for them to create a charging startup at the market junction where competition over charging spots will become the fiercest as NACS becomes standard next year.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Didn't North America literally just adopt the Tesla charging standard as THE industry standard moving forward? At least most of the manufacturers. That sounds like the exact opposite time to fire the charging network people.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

zedprime posted:

Laying off your charging org instead of divesting it just in time for them to create a charging startup at the market junction where competition over charging spots will become the fiercest as NACS becomes standard next year.

7D Connect Four......

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

redshirt posted:

7D Connect Four......

Connect Boer

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Manufacturers adopted the NACS standard, which doesn't have anything to do with Tesla besides them being the ones to develop and enter it into SAE

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Well that was quick

https://i.imgur.com/eMvSYg1.png

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

euphronius posted:

It’s probably $120,000

$30,000 after gas savings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiwid posted:

$30,000 after gas savings

I always found those quotes hilarious. I've always thought I'd be the perfect target market for a low end EV- I do short commute drives around town, don't need a lot of range, don't care about high performance, don't really care about features. But with my driving profile gas would need to hit about $15/gal before the upcharge on an electric was a net savings over 5 years