Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Jose posted:

month/day/year is extremely stupid much like still using Fahrenheit

any system of weights and measurements is human and therefore arbitrary and flawed, eschew attachment to systems of marking the material world for everything you know shall change and pass.

death is certain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Nichael posted:

Make it like LA Noire with a little more robot on raider combat.

you make the kickstarter i'll start work on the investor pitch deck

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

punchymcpunch posted:

so is heat coming off?

the only way to fix global warming is apparently a massive genocide

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

logikv9 posted:

is 1/11/2017 january 11th or november 1st?? WE WILL NEVER KNOW

sorry about your poor brain skills

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
is this the right place to say i loved far harbor but couldn't finish nuka world because i didn't want to ruin my settlements in the main game

fo4 was pretty cool

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Nichael posted:

:yeah:
But it'd be dumb as hell to think the dumb is contained within our borders. The whole planet is dumb.
Sorry old man, that just won't fly. Americans elevated an embarrassingly, breathtakingly stupid man to be president. What you say here is true, but you're not allowed to say it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

senators need STEM degrees besides law because what the gently caress

ofc that doesnt stop Ben Carson or Rand Paul from being complete dobbers

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Didn't China have tests you had to pass before you could be considered for government back in the olden days? What I'm saying is we throw all our senators and representatives into lakes and if they float we burn them and if they sink they were never witches.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jose posted:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

financially racist posted:

how many people here would sign up for a one-way trip to establish a permanent human settlement on titan

no not mars cause that place is actually lovely, but titan, a place so far away that comms with earth take like 5 hours and it is cloudy as gently caress and the sun never shines and it's pretty dark cause it is so far from the sun and hazy and the lakes are methane

i'd sign up for the first drat ship out there man

I always imagine that when/if humanity launches a probe to one of those gas planet satellites that might have life, we'll end up introducing an invasive species that instantly kills the entire ecosystem because we can't keep our wanton destruction contained to Earth.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

logikv9 posted:

the only way to fix global warming is apparently a massive genocide

o cool its all in hand then

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the duders with stem degrees aren't any better because sure, they are masters of their craft but that craft isn't politics

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
fallout 3 broken steel had the absolute pinnacle of stupid bethesda morality by allowing you to nuke your own team's base at the end for no god drat reason

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Former Everything posted:

is this the right place to say i loved far harbor but couldn't finish nuka world because i didn't want to ruin my settlements in the main game

fo4 was pretty cool

Yeah making that DLC essentially impossible unless you are playing a raider was dumb as hell

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

only old people like Fahrenheit in the UK and tehy want it to come back into use due ot brexit so congrats on having something similar with UK boomers america

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i would trust rand to give me a proper eye exam though

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

the duders with stem degrees aren't any better because sure, they are masters of their craft but that craft isn't politics

nobody can help us :rip:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

do you say march first or first of march in conversation

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

logikv9 posted:

Assad surely he's properly trained after all

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lastgirl posted:

senators need STEM degrees besides law because what the gently caress

ofc that doesnt stop Ben Carson or Rand Paul from being complete dobbers

we will still be ruled by the indolent rich no matter how much we insist upon their ostensible education

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

logikv9 posted:

famous optometrist politicians: Rand Paul, Bashar al Assad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

zeal posted:

do you say march first or first of march in conversation

first of march

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jose posted:

ISO 8601

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

logikv9 posted:

He board certified himself, I wouldn't.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
if McConnell doesn't actually have the votes to change the rules I will have a hearty guffaw

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

*Rand mumbles something about indentured servitude as he gives you a free eye exam*

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

pathetic little tramp posted:

Didn't China have tests you had to pass before you could be considered for government back in the olden days? What I'm saying is we throw all our senators and representatives into lakes and if they float we burn them and if they sink they were never witches.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_examination

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Former Everything posted:

fo4 was pretty cool

I didn't even play Nuka World because it seemed so contrary to the entirety of the rest of the game. Far Harbor was really good though! I wish all of Fallout 4 was FH quality.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Joementum posted:

famous optometrist politicians: Rand Paul, Bashar al Assad

Rand is an ophthalmologist, they're the eye surgeons as opposed to the guys working at lens crafters.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope the number Assad gave Gabbard was like a 1800 rejection line

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Nichael posted:

I always imagine that when/if humanity launches a probe to one of those gas planet satellites that might have life, we'll end up introducing an invasive species that instantly kills the entire ecosystem because we can't keep our wanton destruction contained to Earth.

same but i don't think titan has life. enceladus and europa are far more likely candidates.

and as much as i fear exactly what you're saying i still hope i live to see the day when they land on one of those two bodies and melt through the ice and send a sub into the subsurface oceans and find life.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Citizen Tayne posted:

One of the Fallout 3 DLC packs takes place in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, and it's the best of the bunch.

Venuz Patrol posted:

fallout 3 broken steel had the absolute pinnacle of stupid bethesda morality by allowing you to nuke your own team's base at the end for no god drat reason

I still don't understand why that's there. Like, was there originally a subplot where you can side with the Enclave remnant that they removed before release?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

logikv9 posted:

would you trust his daddy ron to give you a pap smear

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

DLC are uneven in all or them. Lonesome Road and Dead Money were terrible, the former beyond words

Point Lookout was good but what always stands out most to me was the invincible tank shirtless hillbillies

I still haven't gotten around to playing the NV DLC even though I've owned it for a couple of years now. I should probably get on that.

What are some of the must-have mods for NV?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/848948327911747585

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

financially racist posted:

same but i don't think titan has life. enceladus and europa are far more likely candidates.

and as much as i fear exactly what you're saying i still hope i live to see the day when they land on one of those two bodies and melt through the ice and send a sub into the subsurface oceans and find life.

lol you think space travel will ever get this far

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

I hope the number Assad gave Gabbard was like a 1800 rejection line

867-5309

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
afforestation of middle america would do a great deal to alleviate the effects of global warming

• Locked thread