Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Ok Comboomer posted:

it’s practically in my color too (there’s like two versions of the darker blue, IIRC)
The older one is better IMO. I still regret that I didn't hold out for that like I wanted when I got mine, instead settling for the black one I could have the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
They didn't have any chill blue in the 2017 I could get :smith:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Almost criminal we never got the ST200. I know it’s just a tune, an air box and a different 6th gear, but it seems unfair.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Cobb Stage 1 basically makes a USDM FiST into an ST200. It’s a panel filter and not the full airbox, but it’s close enough if not a little more. The difference from stock to Cobb OTS on my ‘18 is ridiculous on the low-end.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
With just the cone filter and intake you can do 225 out the box tune on 93. More custom easy

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I still want a more aggressive sixth gear though. Can’t tune that.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Yeah the gearing is whatever though. I like getting 35mpg on the highway.

I used the Cobb 93 Octane tune, maybe the 91 is a little less aggressive? But I only run 93 anyway so might as well get all the benefit.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Never understood the desire for a more aggressive sixth gear. Fifth should cover all your at-speed needs for power, and sixth should be a super overdrive that gets you sick fuel economy.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I guess I want more aggressive gearing in general. I’ll sacrifice my 42 mpg highway to have more fun. But tbh, I dunno what I really want other than “the best FiST they ever made.”

In the end I’ll just end up cramming a better air box and running an e30 tune and have nothing to bitch about.

e: what are you guys pulling at 60 mph for economy? I only break into the 30s when I’m above 70 mph

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 5, 2023

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

My normal highway commute is right around 65mph and that gets me 35-ish mpg. My worst tank so far in the FiST was still 31mpg.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Never understood the desire for a more aggressive sixth gear. Fifth should cover all your at-speed needs for power, and sixth should be a super overdrive that gets you sick fuel economy.
I was thinking the same, I could go for longer gears for the most part, not shorter. The number of times I've been cruising on the highway and tried to shift up in to a nonexistent seventh gear has to be in the hundreds.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Took delivery of my gr Corolla today. MSRP + tax, out the door at 42k (performance pack and some other options).

I broke my foot snowboarding a month ago and have another month in the air cast/boot, and while I can actually drive this and most manuals fine (practice driving manual in snowboard boots go figure) I had my wife drive it home.

The dealer said it was probably their only one they'll get this year and suggested that their wait-list for them is over 70 people.

Stoked as hell to actually drive it on the road once my foot has emerged from it's slumber. Also stoked that the forecast snow was just rain as we drove home because it definitely has pilot sports on it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Took delivery of my gr Corolla today. MSRP + tax, out the door at 42k (performance pack and some other options).

I broke my foot snowboarding a month ago and have another month in the air cast/boot, and while I can actually drive this and most manuals fine (practice driving manual in snowboard boots go figure) I had my wife drive it home.

The dealer said it was probably their only one they'll get this year and suggested that their wait-list for them is over 70 people.

Stoked as hell to actually drive it on the road once my foot has emerged from it's slumber. Also stoked that the forecast snow was just rain as we drove home because it definitely has pilot sports on it.

PIIIICS NOW

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

I just bought an Elantra N am I still allowed to hang in the hatch thread or should I drag my sedan rear end to the Camry thread or whatever

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
My wife took a silly one of me sitting in it at the dealer (note boot on foot) but I'll try to get some real pics of it in the light soon. It was raining pretty good so we stuffed it into the garage. Need to back it out and make more space so I can hobble around it on my knee scooter and crutches.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nice!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

My wife took a silly one of me sitting in it at the dealer (note boot on foot) but I'll try to get some real pics of it in the light soon. It was raining pretty good so we stuffed it into the garage. Need to back it out and make more space so I can hobble around it on my knee scooter and crutches.

:hellyeah:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Sweeeeeet

Hope the foot heals quickly so you can enjoy it!

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Thanks guys! Super excited to eventually drive it and play around with the handling and AWD system. My wife was super impressed by how hard it pulls even at partial throttle and said it definitely sticks super well to the road (I got the limited slips of course 🤘).

Oh and I paid MSRP from an MSRP only dealer. MSRP+tax+500 doc fee. Pretty happy with the experience - definitely best dealer experience ever (bought it cash)

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 10, 2023

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Thanks guys! Super excited to eventually drive it and play around with the handling and AWD system. My wife was super impressed by how hard it pulls even at partial throttle and said it definitely sticks super well to the road (I got the limited slips of course 🤘).

Welp, now that your wife has a new GR Corolla, what are you going to drive?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
That's basically what they said at the dealership, too :drat:

*Crawls back to 2006 accord*

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Nice! My dealership has one on the way but unfortunately I am number 2 on the list.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
You never know, maybe #1 will decide they don't want it.

My buddy was #6 on a list for a RAV4 prime and the other 5 people before him just declined to buy it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

More to come once I get it out some more! And yes that's a 2003 matrix xrs, previously the fastest Corolla.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Frickkkkkk

Also hell yeah the the 2ZZ Matrix. Love those things.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Very cool, I'm waiting for my allocation; dealer says I'm #1 but who knows what that's worth, I trust dealerships as far as I can throw them.
How do you find the trunk, I've heard there's some goofiness with the raised trunk floor due to the battery placement/extra AWD hardware. Also I'm curious if the lack of a center console is an issue or just something people like to whine about online - I figured if it were a big deal I'd just go get one from a wrecked non-GR Corolla and hack it so that it fits

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
The trunk floor is definitely raised and has those little indents in the side as has been publicized. Doesn't seem like a huge issue but I also have larger vehicles for cargo hauling. I will say that in general hatches seem to be losing cargo space, there is way more room in the trunk in the matrix.

The lack of center console is weird but hasn't been a huge deal for me yet. When I start to daily this in the spring I might start to miss it!

Hope you get contacted by your dealer soon, it's definitely the funnest car I've ever owned and I haven't even driven it yet (foot in air cast boot for another 2-4 weeks at least). Just riding in it is exciting as poo poo. And boy the noises it makes....

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I will say that in general hatches seem to be losing cargo space, there is way more room in the trunk in the matrix.

Well that's mostly down to the Matrix being a proper wagon not a hatch, which barely exist anymore.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Wait, you’re calling the Pontiac vibe a wagon?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Wait, you’re calling the Pontiac vibe a wagon?

To me, yeah it's a wagon. Maybe not full on extra long station wagon, but it's got a much more vertical rear door compared to a hatch. I will admit the roof's a little sloped still, second gen moreso.

e: the state of PA agrees and lists mine as a station wagon on the registration, so it must be true

opengl fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 14, 2023

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The so is my Saturn Vue, I guess

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I love my matrix wagon. Which I call the bang bus

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
With the front seat down (folds flat to form a table) you can haul major wood :hellyeah: in a matrix. Good road trip vehicle.

I consider it a hatch but hey whatever floats your boat. Suburbans are listed as wagons in some states!

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
The registration for my since departed Scion XB said “SPORT WGN” and ever since that is what all XBs are called.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

With the front seat down (folds flat to form a table) you can haul major wood :hellyeah: in a matrix. Good road trip vehicle.

Can confirm

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Hope you get contacted by your dealer soon

Got contacted today!!!

Told him to get hosed!

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Sucks but that is absolutely the right choice. Go to hell, market adjustments.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

nitsuga posted:

Sucks but that is absolutely the right choice. Go to hell, market adjustments.

Oh yeah. And like, this dealership had been a no-markups-ever dealership - and because they told me that I was #1 on their list I never bothered contacting any other dealerships. So now I'm pretty hosed.
Might get a JCW Mini so I can still post in this thread.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
If you just get a new Si, we won’t tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

poo poo, I’d also consider WRXs to be in lane